IGNORED

Happy 30th John Arndt

0 kids n not countin

2012-04-02_16-48-42_11.jpg

Happy 30th John:

Two Arndt "men" 30+ years of age and no courtships in sight, or so it seems.

Are they all going to live at home until the parents die like Bill Gothard? It is seriously creepy and sad that they're so afraid of the outside world.

The Maxwells have distanced themselves from the rest of the main Fundie community- No ATI OR VF boys or girls for them as Mixing is sinful and will distract from God apparently.

These guys are way to liberal for the Maxwells, the boys play softball and the one girl sometimes wears pants.

If "God lays it on my heart" to post the link off the Arndt's blog in the Maxwell blog comments, isn't that just following what God is telling me to do so it is approved? If someone felt "strongly convicted" and they prayed about it and the asked their dh (and he prayed about it with the male offspring)isn't it blessed and brought out of God using me as a vessel to bring dear John Arndt a helpmeet?

I am not doing it, I get myself in enough trouble, but someone here needs to help get these 2 crazy kids(uhem, I use kids loosely) a courtin'! :clap:

I believe that God has laid it on your heart. Please think of Sarah and post it.

Nah, I don't think the Arndt mom is any more willing to give up her sons than Steve is to give up Sarah. The mom seems to wish she was stuck in time in the 80s and pretend that these young men are still her little baby dolls. It's super creepy.

Showing her pictures of eligible men she will never have seems cruel to me.

What about showing him a photo of her?

The world does not need anymore fundies marrying and procreating than it already has. I wouldn't wish that life on any child (and inevitably they would reproduce). Then what? They raise the next generation of fundies? No thanks.

Yeah, I would definitely consider the Arndt's fundie-lite for their love of sports and the girls do wear pants. I think they are the most isolationist fundie family though... even more than the Maxwells as even they managed to marry off some of their kids.

The Arndts live together, work together, church together (no outside families that I am aware of and Dad is the minister), vacation together, etc. Any young female willing to get into that sort of a family should have her head checked, but to be honest, no girl will measure up to dear old Mom so girls shouldn't even bother. Also, I'm pretty sure the boys aren't willing to go outside a 10-15 mile radius from their family compound to find a wife so I don't see these guys ever marrying. Especially now that 2 are in their 30's and 4 others are north of 25. I can't see these guys settling for anything other than pure perfection, otherwise they'll just stay with their big happy family!

I bet the Mom never thought that she'd end up w/ 14 kids and no grandchildren though!

I have wondered about the Arndt family ever since I saw them on Kids by the Dozen. Despite being very conservative and religious, they didn't appear to be anywhere near as controlling as many of the other fundamentalist families I've read about on here. Didn't the mom and dad meet at a church youth group (when she was 13 and he was 19, and they married 5 years later?) It seems kind of strange that none of the young men have any interest in leaving home, getting married, or having a career that is different than their fathers. For all of them to live in a perpetual state of adolesence seems very strange..but then again, this seems to be the case for many of the fundy 20 somethings who continue to live at home with their parents. It's as if they're afraid to grow up and go out into the world on their own.

Archived