IGNORED

Anti-Personhood Campaign Photoshoot

keeperrox

If the state believes that a fetus is a "person", can I (as landlord of my body) evict the unwanted tenant from my property? Or will personhood only apply when it comes to a woman's choice?

"If you can't trust me with a choice, how can you trust me with a child?"

Those are powerful words.

Yes, they are. All four of those photos perfectly say everything I think about the Personhood movement and anti-choicers. There is not much info on the photoshoot in the article... does anyone know anything else about it?

"If you can't trust me with a choice, how can you trust me with a child?"

Those are powerful words.

They're more concerned with the choice, not the child. If they cared about the child, then people like the Duggars would parent the six year old just as actively as they parent the six week old. If they cared about the child, then they would care for adopted and step-children or foster children just as much as they cared for their biological off-spring. They care about the choice and the moral martyhood of the choice. Notice that Michelle doesn't go on and on about how excited she is to meet her child because she's excited about the person that child will become or what they might accomplish. She's excited about "having another baby" in the house. Also, these women get a certain amount of attention for their choice to have a baby. If people like the Duggars, or any pro-life group, took in unwed mothers or supported impoverished children (and I'm talking about doing more than Bible Bombing), then their arguments would have more merit.

I know it's not a logically sound position, but I also chuckle whenever the Bates or the Duggars or these other mega families talk about how people should choose adoption over abortion because their aren't enough adoptable babies...well, if you're so good at pregnancy and you really just want to give every life a chance, be a surrogate.

They're more concerned with the choice, not the child. If they cared about the child, then people like the Duggars would parent the six year old just as actively as they parent the six week old. If they cared about the child, then they would care for adopted and step-children or foster children just as much as they cared for their biological off-spring. They care about the choice and the moral martyhood of the choice. Notice that Michelle doesn't go on and on about how excited she is to meet her child because she's excited about the person that child will become or what they might accomplish. She's excited about "having another baby" in the house. Also, these women get a certain amount of attention for their choice to have a baby. If people like the Duggars, or any pro-life group, took in unwed mothers or supported impoverished children (and I'm talking about doing more than Bible Bombing), then their arguments would have more merit.

I know it's not a logically sound position, but I also chuckle whenever the Bates or the Duggars or these other mega families talk about how people should choose adoption over abortion because their aren't enough adoptable babies...well, if you're so good at pregnancy and you really just want to give every life a chance, be a surrogate.

Michelle is addicted to being pregnant and the attention as a result of being pregnant. It's her whole identity. She's spent most of her entire life being pregnant. When she hits menopause, she's going to lose that identity. :/ I get the feeling that the pro-life group doesn't really give a rat's rear end about the child when it is born or the woman who might be stuck with it. They seem to only care about the fetus.

Michelle is addicted to being pregnant and the attention as a result of being pregnant. It's her whole identity. She's spent most of her entire life being pregnant. When she hits menopause, she's going to lose that identity. :/ I get the feeling that the pro-life group doesn't really give a rat's rear end about the child when it is born or the woman who might be stuck with it. They seem to only care about the fetus.

I think Jon Steward said they only care about the fetus when the head is crowning in the birth canal.

Does anyone think it will pass in OK? I mean, it didn't even pass in Mississippi?

What always "gets" me is that the people that scream "PRO-LIFE" are typically the same ones who want to cut all services and programs that benefit those lives after they are born. Medicaid, food stamps, WIC, Head Start, etc., etc.

They're all about the fetus, with no intent to provide any support to the actual child/ren.

What always "gets" me is that the people that scream "PRO-LIFE" are typically the same ones who want to cut all services and programs that benefit those lives after they are born. Medicaid, food stamps, WIC, Head Start, etc., etc.

They're all about the fetus, with no intent to provide any support to the actual child/ren.

Yes.

I am privileged to know some people who are pro-life, and actually put their time and sometimes money where their mouth is, and aren't simply concerned with controlling women. Their voices are always being drowned out by the extremists like Randall Terry and good old Ricky Santorum.

Archived