IGNORED

Smithe family question

gingernut

I was wandering around some blogs that I haven't been a visitor to in the past. One is the Smithe family from Comfort, TX and their daughter Sophia. She looks a bit like a Barbie Doll and is the right age to be a possible option to marry into Fundie Royalty such as the Phillips boys.

However, on the Smithe Family Blog they have a post about selling their house. They have a blog specifically about their house called 226 Sonoma Ridge Comfort, TX. I checked out their house and all I can say is: :shock: :shock: :shock:

My question is.....as far as I can tell Daddy Smithe makes a couple of CD's, dabbles in a homeschool source called Hymns and History, and doesn't have a real job. HOW in the world have they afforded this type of house in the hill country of Texas? On some real estate sites it appears to still be for sale...for around a half million dollars. Are they tied in with Dougie Wougie? Are they a homeschool peddling mob front? Does anyone out there in Free Jinger land know anything about them? Their house is much more posh than Doug and Beall's...it is more posh than the house we were snarking on that the Pearl son had for sale a few months ago. I don't begrduge anyone their hard earned money...it is just that I wondered if it was all gotten tax free through their "ministry".

The house blog is older, but the house still lists on Trulia, etc.:

sonomaridge.blogspot.com/

This is the family that hosted Audri Vernier Botkin's wedding shower -- see their blog entry for 9/11/10. I'd say that's an indication of their place in the great Vision Forum universe. I agree, the big bank is coming from somewhere...

Archived