IGNORED

I've found the prayer closet!!!!!!

SpeakNow

Ugh. I watched (with a lot of fast-forwarding) and wanted to leave my comfy chair, travel a few miles to Tontitown or wherever she is right now, and pull Michelle's crusty hair for her high-pitched, "Jill!!!!!! and Josie!!!!" upon entering the room, and then instructing Jill - who's caring for a fragile preemie, mind you - to draw the blinds for the camera crew's convenience, then doesn't close the door fully upon leaving, leaving Jill to do that, too.

The pretty lady who was (IMHO) gritting her teeth through the interview - who's she? another fundie, with the long skirt and buttoned-up shirt-jacket?

Ugh. I watched (with a lot of fast-forwarding) and wanted to leave my comfy chair, travel a few miles to Tontitown or wherever she is right now, and pull Michelle's crusty hair for her high-pitched, "Jill!!!!!! and Josie!!!!" upon entering the room, and then instructing Jill - who's caring for a fragile preemie, mind you - to draw the blinds for the camera crew's convenience, then doesn't close the door fully upon leaving, leaving Jill to do that, too.

The pretty lady who was (IMHO) gritting her teeth through the interview - who's she? another fundie, with the long skirt and buttoned-up shirt-jacket?

I couldn't watch very far into the video because my crazy-detector wouldn't shut the hell up, but I think the woman taking the tour is just a reporter. Long skirts are in style, after all, and shirt-jackets I don't think have ever been out of style for middle-aged women.

That jacket Michelle is wearing though? It's HUGE on her. Maybe it's an old jacket and Michelle has lost weight, but I'd rather see her wear that turquoise one than the beige one she wore for the tour.

Talking to Jill like she was five years old was OTT. And omfg Jordyn is adorable.

I couldn't watch very far into the video because my crazy-detector wouldn't shut the hell up, but I think the woman taking the tour is just a reporter. Long skirts are in style, after all, and shirt-jackets I don't think have ever been out of style for middle-aged women.

That jacket Michelle is wearing though? It's HUGE on her. Maybe it's an old jacket and Michelle has lost weight, but I'd rather see her wear that turquoise one than the beige one she wore for the tour.

Talking to Jill like she was five years old was OTT. And omfg Jordyn is adorable.

Thanks, Kitty. I srsly don't keep up with trends. But boy, that poor woman looked like "Back at the studio, they *so* owe me one for sticking me with this lousy assignment!"

Thanks, Kitty. I srsly don't keep up with trends. But boy, that poor woman looked like "Back at the studio, they *so* owe me one for sticking me with this lousy assignment!"

I find some of my greatest head-desking occurs when Michelle talks about how JB 'taught' the kids about the secret world of grocery stocking, from his fantastic experience as a grocery stocking. It is just. not. that. hard. Criminey.

I wish she would quit referring to J-B as "dad." She's being interviewed, not talking to a 3 yr old.

Thank you. This.

How did that woman keep a straight face during the tour?

Seriously, the boys might (and that's a big might) have wanted a room to share whenever that house was built, but most of them were pre-puberty. The parents should have built them separate rooms and said that they would thank them later. Same with the girls. A twenty-year-old of either gender does not want to live in a room built for a five-year-old and I highly doubt they want to look after their little brothers and sisters every night. Teenagers need space, and not just in the prayer closet. We all know the real reason they all had rooms built for all the children to share!

Agreed on it being nauseating for Michelle to call Jim-Bob 'Daddy'. Michelle, you aren't a nursery teacher so quit talking to everyone as if they were age three.

I'm so sick of everyone marvelling over how calm Michelle is. Of course she's calm - she isn't raising her children or doing any 'jurisdictions' of her own!

I'm so sick of everyone marvelling over how calm Michelle is. Of course she's calm - she isn't raising her children or doing any 'jurisdictions' of her own!

We all know she has one jurisdiction... laying on her back and letting Jim Boob have his way with her.

Prayer closet reminds me of that scene in "Carrie."

I could imagine Michelle being a secret Margaret White, ready to throw her daughters inside the closest every time she has a period.

I don't believe for a second any of the babies besides Josie slept in the room with them for a year and a half. In 14 kids and counting she made it pretty clear she was only a buddy till the baby weans, then they are handed off to an older child so they can care for them.

Also, what exactly was the point of the 'pretty kitchen'?

They have a gaudy wooden cross about 8 inches away from a gas burner. I'd say the purpose of the pretty kitchen is to burn the house down.

What a waste of cooking equipment.

I know. I would kill to have to have that kitchen. I love cooking and that kitchen is perfect! The biggest waste is the industrial dishwasher. Mine is dead. I'd love to have a dishwasher, especially one that does a whole load in a few minutes! Sigh...

What is the Good-Bye room? And why with that much room is there no school classroom? I didn't realize there was only one bedroom for all the girls and one for all the boys. I would at least have 2 bedrooms for girls, 2 for boys so the older kids wouldn't have to be with the little howlers.

I am pretty sure the younger kids sleep in the same room as the older ones so that the older kids can do any night time care that is needed. Don't buy for a second that Michelle lets them all pile into her bed.

I am pretty sure the younger kids sleep in the same room as the older ones so that the older kids can do any night time care that is needed. Don't buy for a second that Michelle lets them all pile into her bed.

I wonder if they hang a sock on their bedroom door to alert the kids that they are boinking?

Archived