IGNORED

I've found the prayer closet!!!!!!

SpeakNow

I know. I would kill to have to have that kitchen. I love cooking and that kitchen is perfect! The biggest waste is the industrial dishwasher. Mine is dead. I'd love to have a dishwasher, especially one that does a whole load in a few minutes! Sigh...

That's true, the industrial dishwasher is the biggest waste as they use paper plates and cups instead of actual dishes.

I wonder if they hang a sock on their bedroom door to alert the kids that they are boinking?

Plus- if the babies stay in her room until they are 18 months, won't they end up seeing some "defrauding" behavior.

May be a bit off topic, but to me the home looks more like a boarding school that you want to stay away from than a home. It may have all those cool "gagets" but the way the rooms are organized and such make it seem more like a dreaded school than a welcoming home, what with only the family room, kitchen, and bedrooms being decorated from what I could see... :|

I don't believe for a second any of the babies besides Josie slept in the room with them for a year and a half. In 14 kids and counting she made it pretty clear she was only a buddy till the baby weans, then they are handed off to an older child so they can care for them.

Quite a few of their kids are less than 1.5 years apart. How exactly would they manage to keep a toddler in the room with them when they had an infant in the room as well? There's no room for a crib and a pack n play...

Seriously, the boys might (and that's a big might) have wanted a room to share whenever that house was built, but most of them were pre-puberty. The parents should have built them separate rooms and said that they would thank them later. Same with the girls. A twenty-year-old of either gender does not want to live in a room built for a five-year-old and I highly doubt they want to look after their little brothers and sisters every night. Teenagers need space, and not just in the prayer closet. We all know the real reason they all had rooms built for all the children to share!

I would imagine the kids were strongly encouraged to "choose" sharing a room for the simple reason that it would give them fewer walls to build. Add in the part where the older kids can care for the little ones and the littles can be chaperones of a sort, and it's a perfect set up...for JB&M.

Dear god, the grammar. PerfectLY, Michelle, it worked out perfectLY. And it turned out well, not good.

I never realized that they actually used 3 of the steel frame kits to build the house.

Michelle really glossed over quite a bit about the building and decorating in the house.

hoo boy, whatever personality that woman ever had has disappeared

That is the most uninspiring prayer closet, unless it's what I really think it is - the "time out" room or a spot that was originally meant as a linen closet.

I guess the "pretty kitchen" is a nice front instead of seeing an industrial one - and a good place to film JB pretending to cook with boys, as I recall (actually, most Italian families I know have "for show" kitchens on the main floor of their homes while all the real cooking and canning etc takes place in the basement kitchen - but other than in those or really wealthy families' homes, I've never seen the "cosmetic" vs the working kitchen before).

As for having sex with a toddler in the room - lots of people do share space with their kids, and kids do sleep...can't fault them on that one.

Is that a tv above the doorway in the playroom at 6:35!? What happened to "We don't own a tv/ We keep one in the closet for special occasions"?

hoo boy, whatever personality that woman ever had has disappeared

That is the most uninspiring prayer closet, unless it's what I really think it is - the "time out" room or a spot that was originally meant as a linen closet.

I guess the "pretty kitchen" is a nice front instead of seeing an industrial one - and a good place to film JB pretending to cook with boys, as I recall (actually, most Italian families I know have "for show" kitchens on the main floor of their homes while all the real cooking and canning etc takes place in the basement kitchen - but other than in those or really wealthy families' homes, I've never seen the "cosmetic" vs the working kitchen before).

As for having sex with a toddler in the room - lots of people do share space with their kids, and kids do sleep...can't fault them on that one.

Polish people have basement kitchens too. I grew up back east where that was quite common.

We were co sleepers when my DD was an infant and later she moved to a cradle in our room. When it was time for her father and I to share some sweet fellowship, she was moved into own room and then later returned to her cradle. No adults having sex in a room with a kid just raises an ick factor for me. There is no way I could engage.

Michelle failed to mention that the furniture and furnishings were all provided for promotional consideration.

My dad has the exact same desk that's in the Duggar living room. It was not cheap.

maybe they use the prayer closet - you know "sweet fellowship" and all....

I expected to see a box of tissues in the prayer closet. You know, if someone needs to cry while praying.

Also some lotion. In case someone...has dry skin. While praying.

I expected to see a box of tissues in the prayer closet. You know, if someone needs to cry while praying.

Also some lotion. In case someone...has dry skin. While praying.

You are going to hell. :lol:

Quite a few of their kids are less than 1.5 years apart. How exactly would they manage to keep a toddler in the room with them when they had an infant in the room as well? There's no room for a crib and a pack n play...

I would imagine the kids were strongly encouraged to "choose" sharing a room for the simple reason that it would give them fewer walls to build. Add in the part where the older kids can care for the little ones and the littles can be chaperones of a sort, and it's a perfect set up...for JB&M.

In their (possible defense) I will say that they might have actually wanted to share a room. I'm almost 8 years older than my sister (parents started the adoption process when I was 4, but it took forever!) and we lived in a 2 bedroom house until I was 13 and she was 6. When we moved to the new house they gave us the option of having our own rooms, but both of us still wanted to share. (I am extremely close with my sister). I know most 13 yr olds wouldn't want to share a room with a 6 yr old, but I did.

In their (possible defense) I will say that they might have actually wanted to share a room. I'm almost 8 years older than my sister (parents started the adoption process when I was 4, but it took forever!) and we lived in a 2 bedroom house until I was 13 and she was 6. When we moved to the new house they gave us the option of having our own rooms, but both of us still wanted to share. (I am extremely close with my sister). I know most 13 yr olds wouldn't want to share a room with a 6 yr old, but I did.

Yes, certainly possible. It's also likely that some of the kids probably wanted to share with some of their siblings. I imagine the j'slaves wouldn't have minded sharing with each other. Of course, each of them having their own room would have probably been a physical impossibility, even in the TTH.

They could have built more than one room for them to share instead of a flipping dormitory!

I agree, they wanted to share but in their 'groups' I expect. The best solution would probably have been:

Josh, JD, Joseph, Josiah

Jana, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joy

Jed, Jer, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson

Hannie, Jenny, Jordyn, Josie

Would have given them a bit more personal space but still the sense of sharing. I'm not really sure about Josiah, Jed or Jer though. They are a bit lost in the middle along with Joy-Anna.

I was almost 12 when my sister was born and I too wanted to share a room with her so we did until I left for college. I too could have had my own room.

The girls room together for night time care of the little kids. I know I've seen a glider rocker in the girls' room.

The boys room together to spy on each other.

Archived