IGNORED

National Sunday Law

Itsnotaclowncar

Just got National Sunday Law by A. Jan Marcussen with my daily stack of junk mail. Is this a fundie thing? The wiki article was pretty scant, I get that it's about how the sabbath should be on Saturday but how does that mean that the world is going to end?

Just got National Sunday Law by A. Jan Marcussen with my daily stack of junk mail. Is this a fundie thing? The wiki article was pretty scant, I get that it's about how the sabbath should be on Saturday but how does that mean that the world is going to end?

Must've been sent by the Seventh Day Adventists... I grew up SDA and I still don't understand where in the bible they get this from (I've gone over that particular bible study a hundred times and still don't get it.) But they believe that in the last days there will be a national Sunday law, and that those who keep sabbath will be persecuted, almost to the point of extinction, except Jesus comes first.

I remember these well. Scared me when I was younger. I've grown up and left the SDA church.

Here is some more information on Mr. Marcussen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._Jan_Marcussen

He may also have sermons posted on you tube. If you really want a scare, google Bob Tefz.

Must've been sent by the Seventh Day Adventists... I grew up SDA and I still don't understand where in the bible they get this from (I've gone over that particular bible study a hundred times and still don't get it.) But they believe that in the last days there will be a national Sunday law, and that those who keep sabbath will be persecuted, almost to the point of extinction, except Jesus comes first.

Jesus comes first. There is no get out the great tribulation free card (rapture) in the SDA faith.

Archived