IGNORED

What are these fundies going to do when Santorum drops out?

Justme

Won't vote, will vote for Ron Paul (until Romney's nomination), will vote for whoever the Constitution Party candidate is.

Fundies are so extreme that they disenfranchise themselves.

Didn't Ron Paul continue to run as an independent in '08? Maybe they'll get behind that.

Didn't Ron Paul continue to run as an independent in '08? Maybe they'll get behind that.

Not really. Ron Paul ended his campaign although his name did appear on the ballot in Montana and one other state and in some states you could write him in. He received over 47,000 votes. Now Ross Perot did run as a third party candidate in'92 and '96 as did John Anderson in 1980.

I don't think many fundies would vote for Ron Paul. He believes in leaving some questions (eg; abortion, gay rights and drugs) up to the individual states.

Not really. Ron Paul ended his campaign although his name did appear on the ballot in Montana and one other state and in some states you could write him in. He received over 47,000 votes. Now Ross Perot did run as a third party candidate in'92 and '96 as did John Anderson in 1980.

I don't think many fundies would vote for Ron Paul. He believes in leaving some questions (eg; abortion, gay rights and drugs) up to the individual states.

I agree with you on that. I find it funny that PP is a Ron Paul supporter.

Yes, thats really funny..

.. he might be actually closer to the stuff Santorum stands for, but since he is an eeebil, blood drinking Catholic he just cannot vote for him.

I agree with you on that. I find it funny that PP is a Ron Paul supporter.

Probably because he is in a more fundy State himself, so it's likely the laws would go more the way he wanted them to. I can't see the twins from One Bright Corner, up in more liberal Washington, feeling the same way.

As for Josh, he has already changed his mind a time or two, so I'd say he'd just go with the most likely Republican candidate, however it would seem he burned those bridges.

I think most fundies will get in line and vote for the GOP candidate. Josh had a McCain-Palin sticker on his truck the last time around. I can't see him or the rest of the Duggars going out and campaigning for Romney (if he gets the GOP nom) unless he chooses Huckabee or someone like that as his veep.

Heehee, "drops out." :twisted:

What they did in 08--get the GOP to pander to their crazy as much as possible. What're the odds that Romney picks another SarahP as his running mate to appease the fundies?

I had the same reaction as Shina up there.

Your thread title is almost as good as the head line: "Newt discusses pulling out, Santorum surges from behind."

What do Repubs do when Santorum drops out? Wash the sheets, I hope.

I'm really shocked about PP and Ron Paul, too. After all, Ron Paul was a disgusting, perverted OBGYN!

I can't decide who to vote for so I'm thinking of writing in Cthulhu. ;) Not really.

Archived