IGNORED

What's up with Jana?

Sister Mary Savage

I know that there's been mention here about Jana and her sisters' relationship with Anna. Maybe Jana is just shy, reserved, or they just aren't very close. What do you guys think?

I don't really see her having another choice than getting along with her. In their view Jana yet isn't worth anything.. but Anna is married and started her quiver and is giving the koolaid to the next generation. So she stands higher than Jana in the hierarchy.

I think Jana is feeling unfulfilled in her life because she is 22 (?) and still not married, while her older brother and her parents were married by this age. She has been taught that her entire purpose in life is to be a wife and mother, but so far all she gets to do is care for her younger siblings while her parents fellowship. She's also smart and would probably like to be doing something more with her life in general. Even Jill gets to learn Spanish and will probably meet some hot fundie missionary in South America one day, while Jana is stuck with the slim pickins of NWA and southern Fundieland.

Archived