IGNORED

Lyndsie's adoption story

snickerz

Lyndsie's adoption w/ pictures. forthisjourneywereon.com/?p=175

By the way, she's on Pinterest if you want to look at all her decorating interests and latest nail polish colors.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an adoptive mom myself, I can only be happy when I see adoption day pictures like that. Their babies are so cute!

Lyndsie seems a lot more natural; I bet she has learned a lot in the past year.

Most importantly, those two babies have a loving home--that is great! Super pictures, thanks for sharing.

Barf. Two babies who in all likelihood had extended family who could have cared for them but they were probably placed because that's what jeebus wanted. Lyndsie and Daniel are selfish, awful people.

Barf. Two babies who in all likelihood had extended family who could have cared for them but they were probably placed because that's what jeebus wanted. Lyndsie and Daniel are selfish, awful people.

They disgust me.

They did not even have time to bond with their son before they adopted a daughter. The worst of the worst!

I'm glad she shut her blog down. I hope it stays that way.

I'm not a huge fan of L&D. I think that link was posted here the other day. I wish them well. But it is kind of hard to be happy for them when couples who have more financially stability have been waiting to adopt for several years and L&D managed to adopt two kids after two years of marriage.

I think she really, really wanted a girl and just settled for the boy because she was worried she would never get her Aubrey. They seemed to make a bigger deal about the adoption of Aubrey compared to the adoption of their son.

I think she really, really wanted a girl and just settled for the boy because she was worried she would never get her Aubrey. They seemed to make a bigger deal about the adoption of Aubrey compared to the adoption of their son.

I got the same feeling too about them making a bigger deal out of Aubrey's adoption than Ethan's.

i did notice the pearl bracelet on the baby. that is going tobe one fashionable diva by the time she's potty trained.

anybody want to start a pool on when lindsay puts make-up on the baby?

I'm not a huge fan of L&D. I think that link was posted here the other day. I wish them well. But it is kind of hard to be happy for them when couples who have more financially stability have been waiting to adopt for several years and L&D managed to adopt two kids after two years of marriage.

. And two babies in such a short time just seems odd.quote]

I know of 3 families who adopted 2 babies in the span of a year. In one case the babies were biological siblings and the birth mother wanted the children to be raised in the same home. And in the other 2 cases it was a word of mouth thing - people in the community knew the couple wanted to adopt again in the future and they approached the couple.

I looked at the pictures and I see similarities in Ethan and Aubrey's faces. I wouldn't be surprised if they are bio-siblings.

I looked at the pictures and I see similarities in Ethan and Aubrey's faces. I wouldn't be surprised if they are bio-siblings.

With the photographer it could have been just a matter of with Aubrey they knew they were going to adopt her ahead of time since she was obviously an infant when they got her versus with Ethan because he was older they may not have known much in advance. Plus since he was older a big photography shoot may have overwhelmed and scared him.

Hmmm interesting it isn't Aubrey Ann anymore.

And jeezus -- birds of a feather, right? This friend of Lyndsie's can't spell or punctuate, either!!!11!!1! (praise Him)

My brother, sister and multiple cousins are adopted. My siblings and all but one of my cousins were adopted through the foster care program, which is a little different than adopting through an adoption agency, but there are still some things that remain the same.

We had my brother and sister placed with us in very quick succession (i.e. within a year of each other). It isn't uncommon at all in the foster system. With the foster system, it's about finding the best home for the child, so it's not just about how long it's been since your last placement. Yep, that means that sometimes things aren't perfect, but come on, what family is? And, um, you can TOTALLY bond with a kid and have a new sibling added in under a year. I don't mean to turn into a total Snark-a-saurus Rex here, but on behalf of all of my fellow adoptive families, the suggestion that is an issue is one of THE silliest things I have ever heard. Are you saying that people who have bio-children in quick succession don't bond with their kids? What is your position then on multiple births? Do the parents only bond with one of the babies? Yes, when you keep getting kids placed one after the other it will take its toll, just as having kids that quick would. But two or three is perfectly normal. Also, not to hate on bio families, but you know how ZsuZsu is incapacitated by her pregnancy? That doesn't happen to adoptive families! So the parents are often COMPLETELY focused on the first child right up to when the next is added.

My aunt and uncle had two placements within 4 months. One because she is the bio-sister of my sister, and we were not in a position to take the baby that is now my cousin (but they wanted them to stay close). Her placement was sudden. The birth mom literally showed up in the hospital giving birth and they had about 2 hours to decide. They had already been chosen for an outside adoption, and even with my cousin's sudden placement, the other birth mom still wanted them for her child as well. Also, some birth moms WANT a family with another young child.

The truth is that it's BABIES that can be placed quicker than older kids. Older kids DO need much more time to settle in and bond with their new families. Plus, they usually have some issues that will demand more attention, so the parents should focus on that and take that into account. Also, as older siblings, young children adjust the fastest. Babies adjust fast and the other members of the family adjust to them just as quickly. I feel bad for some of the families who wait patiently for children and who are passed over time and time again. But that doesn't mean that other families deserve hatred for their better fortune.

Also, I don't really like this lady, and I think she's shallow. But I don't think her adoption journey is way out of the norm.

And finally, 27randomscribbles, I know this probably doesn't make any difference, but for what it's worth, I want you to know that I'm really sorry for what you went through and what you are going through. You're right, adoption isn't always wonderful. While I love my brother to death, I do feel that the State didn't do enough to help his birth-mother. She did want to keep him and his sister, but circumstances made that impossible for her. Now my brother will never know his mother, and there's a lot of pain there that I can never understand. I am so, so sorry for your pain.

I know nothing about these people but adoption makes me sad sometimes. I'm adopted and it's really difficult...I deal with a lot of psychological issues and a lot of betrayal from my fundie-lite/evangelical adoptive parents.

There are a lot of adoptee and first-mother blogs that talk about the hurt caused by adoption. Many women are pressured into giving their child up to a "better" couple who can give the baby "more". There is a good book called "The Girls who Went Away" by Ann Fessler that talks about adoption from the perspective of the mothers--it's heart-wrenching.

As for me, I found my mom...and it really hurt to find that I had been lied to. She really wanted me but no one offered to help.

I'm tired and not up for writing an entire explanation about why I am no fan of adoption...but if you do some research and look past the Christian view of adoption as always perfect and wonderful...you'll find a lot of hurt people. And anytime I express the hurt I feel as an adoptee...people tell me I'm wrong to feel hurt and that adoption is oh so wonderful. Well, it's not always.

I know nothing about these people but adoption makes me sad sometimes. I'm adopted and it's really difficult...I deal with a lot of psychological issues and a lot of betrayal from my fundie-lite/evangelical adoptive parents.

There are a lot of adoptee and first-mother blogs that talk about the hurt caused by adoption. Many women are pressured into giving their child up to a "better" couple who can give the baby "more". There is a good book called "The Girls who Went Away" by Ann Fessler that talks about adoption from the perspective of the mothers--it's heart-wrenching.

As for me, I found my mom...and it really hurt to find that I had been lied to. She really wanted me but no one offered to help.

I'm tired and not up for writing an entire explanation about why I am no fan of adoption...but if you do some research and look past the Christian view of adoption as always perfect and wonderful...you'll find a lot of hurt people. And anytime I express the hurt I feel as an adoptee...people tell me I'm wrong to feel hurt and that adoption is oh so wonderful. Well, it's not always.

Not to mention the enormous amount of societal pressure to deal with unplanned pregnancies by doing the caring, selfless thing by making an adoption plan. If you try to buck that trend, especially in Conservative christian churches, good luck getting any support.

Archived