IGNORED

FLDS forbidden to have sex

Seems like it may have good effects. The article says that more and more FLDS families are reaching out to social service networks and leaving the FLDS community. And for the ones that have imbibed the kool-aid so deeply. . . well, at least they won't be bringing more children into that hell.

I hope that many families will wake up and get away from Jeffs. It was bad before him, and under his rule, just gets worse and worse. It was good to read about the organizations who are assisting these people back into society, but being in a cult, they will take a long time to come out of the haze. I feel very sorry for the children and teens; I hope they all get out, especially now since adult males cannot marry 12 year old girls anymore.

I hope that many families will wake up and get away from Jeffs. It was bad before him, and under his rule, just gets worse and worse. It was good to read about the organizations who are assisting these people back into society, but being in a cult, they will take a long time to come out of the haze. I feel very sorry for the children and teens; I hope they all get out, especially now since adult males cannot marry 12 year old girls anymore.

Unrelated, but I LOVE your new avatar so much. Please keep it forever.

Here's an organization that's helping those leaving the FLDS. www.holdingouthelp.org They need donations to handle the sudden surge of people leaving. There are some fascinating stories in the "encouraging stories" section.

I'm really hoping that this is the beginning of the end for the FLDS. The more I google, the more it sounds like the whole thing's just imploding. I wonder if there will be some kind of power grab from Jeffs' brother or someone else.

I just hope that this causes more people to wake up and leave that cult, but at least there won't be more children being born into it in 9 months. It's also good that there won't be any more 12 year old girls forced into marriages. The sad thing is that Jeffs is nutty enough to order mass suicide, and that the cult members who haven't managed to leave recently are brainwashed to do anything he ordered.

I just hope that this causes more people to wake up and leave that cult, but at least there won't be more children being born into it in 9 months. It's also good that there won't be any more 12 year old girls forced into marriages. The sad thing is that Jeffs is nutty enough to order mass suicide, and that the cult members who haven't managed to leave recently are brainwashed to do anything he ordered.

The thought crossed my mind also that this could end badly for the true believers.

There is an old saying; If you give him enough rope, he will hang himself. Meaning if you let him show his true colors he will expose himself for the fool he is.

They had to do more then not have sex. The members were given until December 31 to pay $5,000 to the church and "prove" that they are faithful. Many of the men were kicked out after they paid the money. Members also had get rid of their bikes, ATV's and other pleasurable items. I think they are using this whole things as a way to make some money to pay the legal bills of Jeffs and the others in Texas. They are also doing to to thin the male population. Polygamy wont work unless there are more women then men.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53099588-78/jeffs-flds-members-texas.html.csp

Everything you have heard is correct. I have seen a number of the big SUV's piled with personal belongings leave the community. Had a couple of families stop to pick up their medical records on their way out of town, it seems that it is second on down wives that are leaving also young families that have not taken another wife yet. I will know so much more tomorrow when I have clinic hours.

Everything you have heard is correct. I have seen a number of the big SUV's piled with personal belongings leave the community. Had a couple of families stop to pick up their medical records on their way out of town, it seems that it is second on down wives that are leaving also young families that have not taken another wife yet. I will know so much more tomorrow when I have clinic hours.

Eager to hear the inside scoop! For the people staying, any idea the proportion of true believers vs those simply afraid of Jeffs or afraid of the big bad world/ nowhere to go?

Even though I can see a few people brainwashed enough to keep following Jeffs (and likely be led to some tragic extremes), I bet this will be the breaking point for a lot of members. Best of all, no more children born into the FLDS lifestyle. As fucked up as I consider Jeffs to be, I like this. :handgestures-thumbupright:

This could be a really good thing.

Also, the ad on this page is making me laugh. "Polygamy Singles (Free) Meet Polygamists In Your City."

This could be a really good thing.

Also, the ad on this page is making me laugh. "Polygamy Singles (Free) Meet Polygamists In Your City."

I have it too! Wow... illegal much? I wonder if we have a thread about marijuana if there will be an ad about free weed!

Now if only the Kingston, Blackmore, AUB, Centennial Park and all of the other groups dissolved. I dont have much contact with the FLDS but I did have contact with the Kingston's and accidentally worked for them for a while. They are Utahs organized crime.

Edit: Latest news about this whole mess http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53224552-78/jeffs-prison-flds-church.html.csp

Interesting news stories in the last few days regarding the latest in the FLDS community. Apparently Jeffs has again called for believers to rid themselves of toys, pets, etc., has outlawed sex (except, of course, for "procreation") and required written "repentence" by 12/31/11 in order to remain in the good graces of the church. Over 1000 members have been kicked out. Reports of more girls going missing are surfacing and the Utah AG states they are investigating. I hope they are able to make some more headway....

Would love to see more statements from Sam Brower in regards to the latest developments.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2012/j ... -for-flds/

ETA: Sorry this was partially discussed here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6443&hilit=warren+jeffs -- I will work on my "search" skills :)

Archived