IGNORED

Yet another man telling women how to dress

BoomerLynn

christianfemininity.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/validating-the-gospel-in-modesty/

But of course he tries to be nice about it :roll: (unless of course you disagree....)

You be the quality controller for your wife. She is not a man. She doesn’t think like a man. You can’t expect her to think like a man. But you are a man. Then, begin to act like one. Act like a man and say it sweetly. “Dear, the slit goes up to high.â€

“Oh, but honey…â€

“Dear, the slit goes up too high.â€

“Oh, but honey.â€

“The slit is too high.â€

In other words, you start out nice and sweet. If she resists you, you meet her head on and say, “You will not leave this house with that skirt as long as I am your husband. End of discussion.â€

If my husband ever said something like that to me, he would no longer be my husband.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christianfemininity.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/validating-the-gospel-in-modesty/

But of course he tries to be nice about it :roll: (unless of course you disagree....)

If my husband ever said something like that to me, he would no longer be my husband.

And he might be missing one of his testicles, to boot.

This whole "I have the XY chromosome combination in this house, which means you will OBEY me" bullshit has go to go the way of the bronze-age goatherds that wrote the babble.

Oh, wait, let me restate that so that the knuckle-dragging troglodytes that believe in that kind of tripe can understand: "Me man, you woman. Obey me".

He's missing the part about the husbands that ask or even tell their wives they should wear clothes with high slits, low cuts, etc. What is up with them always assuming the woman is dressing immodest, and the husband is the godly one trying to get her on the righteous path.

And how will her husband respond if she says, fuck you and keeps walking out the door? Chances are, a man who feels that he has the right to order his wife to not leave the house will react violently if she refuses to obey him.

I would leave. Right then, in my skirt with the high slit. He is talking to his wife like she is a child.

This pretty much sums up how I feel about 99.99999 % of what the people we follow say.

[

You be the quality controller for your wife. She is not a man. She doesn’t think like a man. You can’t expect her to think like a man. But you are a man. Then, begin to act like one. Act like a man and say it sweetly. “Dear, the slit goes up to high.â€

“Oh, but honey…â€

“Dear, the slit goes up too high.â€

“Oh, but honey.â€

“The slit is too high.â€

In other words, you start out nice and sweet. If she resists you, you meet her head on and say, “You will not leave this house with that skirt as long as I am your husband. End of discussion.â€

The slit is too high? Really? Well, then you'll have a much easier time kissing my ass.

I would leave. Right then, in my skirt with the high slit. He is talking to his wife like she is a child.

Exactly! It's disgusting. I had a similar thought. This hypothetical (oh please, let it be hypothetical) husband is dealing with his wife the exact same way a mother deals with a young teenage daughter experimenting with pants that say 'juicy' on the ass, with her thong showing above!

So if that slit goes up too high, why did he allow her to buy it in the first place? Since he's the one in charge of her wardrobe, shouldn't he have a say in what comes into the house?

Also, shut up and go fuck yourself. Even my parents never said anything like that and I gave them plenty of reason back when I was a teen.

OOOH, what I wouldn't give for a do-over of my fundy days. I was too busy making a break for it to realize it would have been fun to stick around a few weeks longer and fuck with them. Namely, to dress in tight slitted clothes, saying NO when asked to serve in the church nursery, and asking which of the deacons at the table was the Weaker Brother before ordering a margarita.

I should have been a more rebellious woman, dammit!

Trying to read the article. Man, the language is kind of convoluted. Not sure what exactly is making it so hard to read--not the length of the words, or even the sentences, just... the structure of them, and the choice and combinations of some of the words.

He and Jim Bob need to get together and start designing wedding dresses. All it says to me is that this guy doesn't find his wife attractive and doesn't want to have to see any of her. I bet he wouldn't tell Jim Bob his slit was too high. I think this guy just doesn't want to have to see his wife.

He's missing the part about the husbands that ask or even tell their wives they should wear clothes with high slits, low cuts, etc. What is up with them always assuming the woman is dressing immodest, and the husband is the godly one trying to get her on the righteous path.

Anytime I ask my husband if my shirt is cut too low, he will always say "it can never be too low as far as I'm concerned" :dance: He thinks less is more, I would never have this problem.

That is ridiculous. The vast majority of women do a fine job of dressing themselves appropriately on a daily basis. They don't need a man micro-managing their clothes.

Honestly, I don't think my husband notices what I wear on a day-to-day basis. I'm a grown up and he trusts me to dress myself appropriately.

Honestly, they're just clothes. It's not that complicated. Ugh.

Fortunately for me, the majority of the men in the world I live in have enough confidence in themselves that they have no desire or interest in dictating what their wife/girlfriend/partner wears.

There is something amazingly sexy about a confident man. There is something pathetic and dangerous about insecure little boys playing patriarch.

Fortunately for me, the majority of the men in the world I live in have enough confidence in themselves that they have no desire or interest in dictating what their wife/girlfriend/partner wears.

There is something amazingly sexy about a confident man. There is something pathetic and dangerous about insecure little boys playing patriarch.

+1 :clap:

Take notes interns.

Chairman and founder of The Slit Is Too Damn High Party. Together with the Duggars, FLDS, and various other fundies, they will take control of Congress to ban skirts with high slits, and protect the right of men to tell their women what to wear.

yes, I'm quite bored right now, also the "the slit is too high" comment made me think of the Rent Is Too Damn High thing.

SO I am guessing he would NOT approve of this:

lisarinna5.jpg

I think you can actually see a bit of coochie there... lol.

Any fundy man complaining about seeing too much of a woman's body is a fundy man who will be snorting drugs off of a gay man's cock fairly soon.

Isn't that a big scar from a C section? It's not a shame to have scars or anything. But when you try to be sexy... you kinda... try not to flash them. This reminds me of a picture where Britney got out of the limo (brain bleach please) and she kinda showed the world where the baby went in then the baby came out.

Archived