IGNORED

Yet another man telling women how to dress

BoomerLynn

SO I am guessing he would NOT approve of this:

lisarinna5.jpg

I think you can actually see a bit of coochie there... lol.

Holy hoo-ha, Batman! I love love love a long dress/skirt with a really high slit (I think it's even sexier than a mini skirt), but that, in my opinion, is a little too high!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christianfemininity.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/validating-the-gospel-in-modesty/

But of course he tries to be nice about it :roll: (unless of course you disagree....)

If my husband ever said something like that to me, he would no longer be my husband.

If my husband ever said something like that to me, I'd reach down, rip the slit higher, say "Fuck you", and walk out of the house. Later, if he still holds that position, we may or may not have to go our separate ways. I am not property. I never will be.

You be the quality controller for your wife. She is not a man. She doesn’t think like a man. You can’t expect her to think like a man. But you are a man. Then, begin to act like one. Act like a man and say it sweetly. “Dear, the slit goes up to high.â€

“Oh, but honey…â€

“Dear, the slit goes up too high.â€

“Oh, but honey.â€

“The slit is too high.â€

In other words, you start out nice and sweet. If she resists you, you meet her head on and say, “You will not leave this house with that skirt as long as I am your husband. End of discussion.â€

Can't wear a skirt with a slit on out of the house. Check. I'd take the skirt off and walk out in my underwear. Problem solved.

If my husband ever said something like that to me, I'd reach down, rip the slit higher, say "Fuck you", and walk out of the house. Later, if he still holds that position, we may or may not have to go our separate ways. I am not property. I never will be.

If my husband told that to me, I'd tell him that the only thing that's high is his receding hair line. (If he was balding. But even if they aren't, they believe everything negative coming from a woman)

Holy hoo-ha, Batman! I love love love a long dress/skirt with a really high slit (I think it's even sexier than a mini skirt), but that, in my opinion, is a little too high!

Oh no - a woman who doesn't know how to dress herself! Call the 'quality control' man.

SO I am guessing he would NOT approve of this:

lisarinna5.jpg

I think you can actually see a bit of coochie there... lol.

Harry, why the hell did you let her out of the house dressed like that?!?

If my husband told that to me, I'd tell him that the only thing that's high is his receding hair line. (If he was balding. But even if they aren't, they believe everything negative coming from a woman)

I'd probably have to ask if he was high, period.

I wouldn't have married a man like that in the first place. But, if my husband was suddenly overcome with an acute case of phallic cranium, I'd probably say, "Fine, you leave then, and don't come back."

She really can rock that dress but I have to agree that it is really too high for my taste.

I got a kick out of this quote.

Should God be pleased to bring among us some raw 21st-century pagan women dressed with mini skirts

Don't pagan women wear long hippie skirts? :lol:

I got a kick out of this quote.

Don't pagan women wear long hippie skirts? :lol:

Yes, and long hippie clothes, long hippie hair.

It's my personal opinion that yes, that red dress is appropriate for the bedroom and maybe some clubs, but nowhere else. HOWEVER, I fully support her right to choose her own clothing and decide what she wears to what occasions, and if I'm going to judge her for her choices, it'd be for questionable fashion, not assumed morality.

The thing about the modesty doctrine is, even if it's not teaching 'stay modest so the men can control themselves', it's teaching 'stay modest so the men won't have to'. And yes, either way the woman is dressing for men.

Can't wear a skirt with a slit on out of the house. Check. I'd take the skirt off and walk out in my underwear. Problem solved.

Emmyfair, I was thinking the same thing!

My husband does sometimes help me pick out clothes, but only when I ask his opinion on something. I do the same for him. But that's because we're, you know, equals in the relationship.

She really can rock that dress but I have to agree that it is really too high for my taste.

She looks fantastic; it's not that the slit is too high, it's too far over towards her center. If it was actually on the SIDE of the dress it'd be great. I'm not crazy about the bolted on tits either but hey, this is far more attractive than the sackcloth that fundy women are expected to wear. In my old churches it was criminal the way the women were forced to dress - beautiful women in clothes my grandmother wouldn't even wear - outdated, ill-fitting, stained and pilled garbage that isn't fit for recycling. And the HAIRSTYLES - I'd like to barf then faint. That's far more of a shame than seeing too much skin, in my estimation.

Just wondering how many women would respond by starting with "Oh, but honey..." I can't think of a woman I know who wouldn't just say "No it isn't" and walk out.

Just wondering how many women would respond by starting with "Oh, but honey..." I can't think of a woman I know who wouldn't just say "No it isn't" and walk out.

I know, it's straight out of a 50s sitcom. Totally dated.

I can't think of a woman I know who wouldn't just say "No it isn't" and walk out.

Me neither. "Fuck you," is really the only response I can think of.

[

The slit is too high? Really? Well, then you'll have a much easier time kissing my ass.

And I'd have a much easier time kicking his.

I know some men who objected to their wives' losing weight (even though the wives were concerned about their own health and self-image, and were considerably overweight) and wearing makeup (Ex #2 was one), because, although they'd never admit it, they were afraid their wives might look good to other men.

And I'd have a much easier time kicking his.

I know some men who objected to their wives' losing weight (even though the wives were concerned about their own health and self-image, and were considerably overweight) and wearing makeup (Ex #2 was one), because, although they'd never admit it, they were afraid their wives might look good to other men.

That was also what my ex was like, he really had a fit when he saw that I didn't clean my plate when he served me dinner, and when I finally convinced him that if I served myself, I would only put on the plate what I will eat. I think when he was giving me those huge portions, he was hoping I'd gain a lot of weight because he thought that if I looked good to him as I was, I would look good to other men. One thing is that my S/O is confident enough that he supports my weight loss efforts and exercise regimen since he actually wants me to be healthy. I've been working on losing weight because it's healthier for me in the long run.

The hotter I look, the happier my husband is. I mean, he has to sleep with my flabby, sweat-pant wearing (or toned, skinny jean wearing, depending on the year) ass...

My boyfriend is perfectly fine with my looks, and actually kind of wants to show me off. Not in a "look at how awesome I am, getting this hot chick to sleep with me, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG, SUCKERS" kind of way, because he knows I'm not actually his to show off, but because he really thinks I'm that hot.

I think he's working off a drunk-driving ticket. Community service, or something.

Archived