IGNORED

Doug Phillips is way skeevier than anyone else, even GBot

Deleted12

Doug comes off as a nice guy, but in his personal life his women are silenced and they're clearly there just for show. I get the strong sense that if all the women vanished tomorrow, Doug might not notice for a while. The thing that makes this so freaky is that Doug projects a personable attitude.

For all of Gbot's sketchiness, he encourages the women in his life to have a voice. Also, he's clearly a sketchy dude, and I think that's obviously off-putting to people.

He'd notice that all the women vanished as soon as the next meal came around and there was nothing waiting on the table for him.

All Dougie encourages is for his own benefit.

There isn't a single person under his influence that he would allow to go with their own mind, thoughts, feelings, ideas, etc.

He has a huge sense of self importance. He also has people blindly propping him up and blowing smoke up his ass.

He found power, control, and personal relevance. He ain't ever going to let that go.

He is not a nice guy. He doesn't take a breath without considering what that breath can do FOR him.

I get the strong sense that if all the women vanished tomorrow, Doug might not notice for a while.

Oh, he'd notice, and he'd be the happiest guy in town. His life from that point forward would be one long, manly, sweaty romp. :banana-rainbow:

Oh, he'd notice, and he'd be the happiest guy in town. His life from that point forward would be one long, manly, sweaty romp. :banana-rainbow:

:laughing-rollingyellow:

Doug comes off as a nice guy, but in his personal life his women are silenced and they're clearly there just for show. I get the strong sense that if all the women vanished tomorrow, Doug might not notice for a while. The thing that makes this so freaky is that Doug projects a personable attitude.

For all of Gbot's sketchiness, he encourages the women in his life to have a voice. Also, he's clearly a sketchy dude, and I think that's obviously off-putting to people.

I dunno. Does it count when the voice simply repeats what it's heard all it's life?

I dunno. Does it count when the voice simply repeats what it's heard all it's life?

Indeed, I think the Botkin women are more like sock puppets than anything. Individual thought has definitely been stifled with that set.

I was just thinking on Doug's wife, Beall. From what I've seen of her in video clips and photos, she seems to carry herself and speak with confidence. Somehow I get the impression that Dougie doesn't have quite that much control over her in many respects (perhaps they're equal collaborators in this scheme?)

Indeed, I think the Botkin women are more like sock puppets than anything. Individual thought has definitely been stifled with that set.

Even so, he allows the women in his life to have the appearance of having a voice. Anyone ever seen Liberty speak in anything other than that short video clip where her dad is totally rude to her?

I was just thinking on Doug's wife, Beall. From what I've seen of her in video clips and photos, she seems to carry herself and speak with confidence. Somehow I get the impression that Dougie doesn't have quite that much control over her in many respects (perhaps they're equal collaborators in this scheme?)

Well, I think this could be because Beall has free domestic help and lots of support. She isn't overworked...she lives more like a Southern Belle, (her name fits!) and so do her girls. Mrs. Botkin and all the Botkinettes from what I can tell ARE the "hired help". Poor Anna Sofia looks totally worn out. I sometimes suspect that Mrs. Bot and Anna Sofia are the char-women in the househould while Elizabeth (isn't that the other Botkin's name?) gets to spend her time writing and entertaining guests. She just looks so much happier and rested and I strongly suspect that she somehow gets assigned less arduous chores. In the reformed fundie families I know with SAHDs each daughter is assigned to be in charge of a certain household task. In other words, one does all the cooking and shopping, one does all the laundry, one does all the cleaning, one does hospitality, etc. Of course the brothers don't help with any of these...at least not in any of the families I know. So back to Beall...I don't think her life has these chores and burdens...they seem to have people who think it is somehow serving God if they serve the Phillips for free. Nice perks of being a cult leader. I think Daddy Bot could have that too if he wanted but he wants total control and he isn't willing for any outsiders to come in, even if they are followers.

Archived