IGNORED

This made me cringe

GenerationCedarchip

One of my fundie uncles sent around a Christmas letter and I got mine today. Some of the pictures just made me cringe. One is a picture of my 8 year old cousin bringing drinks to my uncle, my other (male) cousin who is 10, and several other men. The caption reads - "Thanksgiving: "little cousin" shows how she is learning to be a proper little homemaker" In another picture, this same cousin is shown tucking dolls into a little bed and the caption reads, "'little cousin' is such a good mommy to her dolls. She's definitely no tomboy or feminazi!"

This little kid is 8 and it seems like every image of her that I have shows her either doing house chores or playing games that imitate homemaking chores. That makes me so sad for her.

One of my fundie uncles sent around a Christmas letter and I got mine today. Some of the pictures just made me cringe. One is a picture of my 8 year old cousin bringing drinks to my uncle, my other (male) cousin who is 10, and several other men. The caption reads - "Thanksgiving: "little cousin" shows how she is learning to be a proper little homemaker" In another picture, this same cousin is shown tucking dolls into a little bed and the caption reads, "'little cousin' is such a good mommy to her dolls. She's definitely no tomboy or feminazi!"

This little kid is 8 and it seems like every image of her that I have shows her either doing house chores or playing games that imitate homemaking chores. That makes me so sad for her.

The remarks about "cousin" are really not about "cousin" at all, but about their own dogma and how proud they are of it.

I would speak right up, but I'm a bitch like that.

We got a Christmas card addressed to Mr. and Mrs. (Husband's first and last name). I almost hit the fan.

The remarks about "cousin" are really not about "cousin" at all, but about their own dogma and how proud they are of it.

THIS! Poor little girl.

We got a Christmas card addressed to Mr. and Mrs. (Husband's first and last name). I almost hit the fan.

Happens All. The. Time. I swear they are all just trying to wear me down, because I'm sick to death at this point of reminding people.

Happens All. The. Time. I swear they are all just trying to wear me down, because I'm sick to death at this point of reminding people.

You've gotta reverse it on them. Send one back that says: "Mrs. and Mr. Wife's first and last name". :D

And yes, I have absolutely done this. :lol:

You've gotta reverse it on them. Send one back that says: "Mrs. and Mr. Wife's first and last name". :D

And yes, I have absolutely done this. :lol:

I'll admit that I once did this to my fundie MIL. DH and his siblings thought it was hilarious. MIL has a permanent notch for me on the prayer stick, I think.

Wives and mothers, that's all women are good for and all they should do, and they should all do it! That poor girl.

The teaching that all women can and should be mothers is especially irritating. No, some women WOULDN'T make good mothers. The other night we were watching The Sound of Music and I, comparing Maria to the Baroness, said that as decent as the Baroness was, she would not have made a good mother, that some women just weren't cut out for motherhood. My mother corrected me saying 'you mean there are some women to whom mothering doesn't come as naturally'. *headdesk*

hmmm.... could of sworn I already commented.. annoying.

Anyway -- What I find particularly repulsive is taking a Christmas family letter and turning it into a political screed. Yuck.

If they have a little girl who likes to play with dolls and is particularly motherly there is nothing wrong with that. Why not just add the sweet little picture of her with her dolls and even say 'such a good little mommy' .. WHY add in the "not a feminazi" Seriously . that is just capitalizing on your family to spew your anger and snotty comments .. Nobody wants to read that. Ick.

I would, but, extended ILs, kwim? Returned re-addressed cards would bring on WW3.

My daughter is the same age as this little girl, and a proud feminazi. I only wish I could spread the love.

I'd rather my daughter be a feminazi (re: a misandrist, very different than a feminist) than a doormat. Being a misandrist makes you a bad person, while being a doormat makes you a target for abuse.

My daughters don't know what feminism is, but they know that girls are not less than boys and that legos beat baby dolls hands-down. So I guess we are feminazis around here!

I'll admit that I once did this to my fundie MIL. DH and his siblings thought it was hilarious. MIL has a permanent notch for me on the prayer stick, I think.

A charity once sent a supply of free return-address stickers to a couple I know, reading "Mr. and Mrs. Elizabeth Lastname." The husband uses them with pride.

This is someone trying to stir up trouble. We all know the type, purposely trying to cause drama unnecessarily. I feel bad for the daughter-serving the boys-why? Just why? I hope the daughter escapes when she's old enough, goes to college and becomes an engineer or something else male dominated. :twisted:

I get stuff from the college *I* went to addressed to MR and MRS Husband's Firstname last name. Ticks. me. off.

I've been putting up with this for 5 years now. We use both our last names when addressing things jointly, like Christmas cards. This year's cards were interesting to see, because by now most of my family has gotten the fact that we use the hyphenated last name and addressed the cards accordingly. Cards from hubby's family, however, were still a lot of "Mr. and Mrs. HisLastNameOnly." It will be even more interesting once Little Baby Nothing is born, though, because they're getting the hyphenated last name. At least then I can play the, "Are you trying to give my child an identity crisis???" card :lol:

Oh, as for the OP, that's just so, so sad. What's wrong with being a tomboy? Feminazi is a term Rush Limbaugh coined in the 90's; as far as I'm concerned, they only exist in his mind.

Oh, jeez. :roll: Nothing more disgusting than teaching your little girl she's "less than."

This kid is actually very smart and loves reading. I'm afraid of what's going to happen to her growing up in that house. There's just such an emphasis on having her grow up to be what a man would want of her rather than on her developing the gifts God gave her.

I've been putting up with this for 5 years now. We use both our last names when addressing things jointly, like Christmas cards. This year's cards were interesting to see, because by now most of my family has gotten the fact that we use the hyphenated last name and addressed the cards accordingly. Cards from hubby's family, however, were still a lot of "Mr. and Mrs. HisLastNameOnly." It will be even more interesting once Little Baby Nothing is born, though, because they're getting the hyphenated last name. At least then I can play the, "Are you trying to give my child an identity crisis???" card :lol:

I use the hyphenate occasionally,after we got married I used it all the time, but after all these years it's easier to be Ann XXXXX rather than Ann XXXXXX XXXXX. And Lord, when I went to work for the govt., they had enough trouble getting one name right, much less two. These are the people who in filling out paper work insisted that you write NMN (no middle name) instead of leaving it blank. And since my signature now is a scribble I only use the short name.

Archived