IGNORED

Fundamentalist teacher accused of masturbating in class

chiccy

Don't know if this has been posted before...mods, please remove, or someone give me a heads up if it has.

Via stufffundieslike.com:

Paul LaDuke, 75, has been charged with sexual exploitation of a child. LaDuke has been a math teacher at the school for 26 years.

Investigators determined that, while seated at a podium in class on Friday, LaDuke unzipped and lowered his pants and masturbated while students were present in the classroom.

“Through the course of our investigation, our detectives have come to believe that this has happened several times per year for 10 years or more, possibly,†Nebel said.

Asked if there had been previous complaints that did not result in any action against LaDuke, Nebel said no.

“It’s not that it’s been reported and nothing has been done, it’s just that during the course of the investigation, we’ve come to learn certain information and I can’t go further for the fact that there’s a possibility of more charges before a grand jury,†Nebel said.

You can visit the school website here.

Sorry, are you saying this has been posted already?

It has been. I didn't look at the thread, but I highly doubt anyone here would actually use the sex addiction defense.

I meant that if there's been an update on the case, it will be posted sometime, and LaDuke will probably wax poetic about his "sex addiction" that gives him no choice but to masturbate in front of his students, guys!

I thought only us evil, liberal, gay agenda public school teachers did that!

You know in my 26 plus years as a public school educator, I don't know a single teacher who has ever done that--I know, it's shocking isn't it? Considering how we are all heathens and humanists.

Well, this is the first time that I have heard of this case. The mods are very good about merging threads.

It broke back in early/mid November, and I'm positive there's been a thread about this. I don't think it was a particularly long thread, though.

I think this is why most fundies choose to homeschool, rather than put their kids in a church or Christian school. They know all-too-well what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dum...

Cue khazad-dum in your pants joke

Is it bad that when I read what the teacher did and then his age, my first thought was that he has dementia or some other age-related mental issue? The whole thing, while certainly inappropriate, strikes me as something that a (mentally) sick old person would do, not necessarily the work of a pedophile. Again, not excusing it at all, but just thinking that maybe there's more going on with him than just the sexual stuff.

Archived