IGNORED

Zach Bates' "promised" bluegrass band

fakepigtails73

I just found the website of "Southern Raised", the bluegrass band featuring Sarah Reith (the girl that Zach Bates is courting). The family has 4 kids, 3 girls and 1 boy; they're from Missouri if I'm not mistaken?? I just watched the episode when Zach asks Sarah to court, and after she said yes poor guy started crying...At that moment I realized how the normal feelings that all girls and boys have are repressed in the families involved in ATI-Gothard.

I don't know much about bluegrass music but that band is really good! They have nice vocal harmonies. I'm surprised at the "getty-up!" dance-y beats that some of their songs have; it's probably "too much" (i.e not boring enough) for the Duggars though. And yeah, Zach looks so much in love with her, I'll be really happy for them when they get married (I'm sure he cannot wait too!) Sarah is def. the prettiest girl of her family. I have a feeling that Zach might move to Sarah's area when they marry, as her band seems to tour and record a lot. "Southern Raised" is more than a hobby-band, and Zach accompanied them on one of their tours last summer. Yup, in those families it's usually the bride that leaves her area to join her new husband's, but there are exceptions to every rules, even in Gothardism...

I don't know much from the Reith family (aside from the band + Z and S's courtship). They only have 4 children; they seem part of Gothardism although not as "hardcore" as other families we won't name.

Fresh blood for the Gothards? (Too much inbreeding would cause genetic issues... surely even the ATI-folk understand this?)

SarahGirl looks best according to me, and has a friendly face. I'm worried about Zach, he has no reason to swell up like he has.... just a young man, unmarried... and how is he going to support Sarah and their babies, coz shor the"yll have a few.

I'm surprised at the "getty-up!" dance-y beats that some of their songs have

I've often thought of the contradiction that 'toe tapping" rock music is bad but bluegrass is fine. People dance very suggestively to bluegrass when they want too!

Something tells me Zach is eating to suppress other "urges." And spending too much time in the car or at his computer racing thru his online college so he can get married..........

I have been impressed with what I saw of Southern Raised and their music--and I'm not much for bluegrass...

SarahGirl looks best according to me, and has a friendly face. I'm worried about Zach, he has no reason to swell up like he has.... just a young man, unmarried... and how is he going to support Sarah and their babies, coz shor the"yll have a few.

Yeah he does have a little gut already, and it surely ain't a beer gut. At least Josh waited after marriage to gain weight. And yup, what job will Zach do to support his beloved? I think that he might be a roadie to her band, their bus driver for tours or something (maybe that's why he joined them all summer long on their tour??). I don't see her leaving the band to go live in the TN mountains with her hubby's 18 sis and bros, sp. when only one of his bother (Lawson?) works to put food on the table. :shock:

Speaking about that, what happened to Gil's tree trimming company, the one that he left a good paying carreer at Nabisco Foods to start so he could work with his sons?? Inquiring minds wants to know. You just know that the new additions of their house must have raised their property tax bill by a large margin, same thing with their electric bill. They don't have TLC like the others in AS do... :whistle: :think:

I wonder if there is a TLC "trust fund" to help them pay the extra utilities etc. Although if it's as rural as my house the property taxes even on a McMansion with land aren't that great. They probably have well water and septic too so that's only costly if the well runs dry. With that many people one of the son's needs to start a Septic pumping business like I've suggested for Joseph Duggar!

Zach isn't making money as a county [what-ever-the-title] commissioner or whatever. I assume he still cuts trees with his Dad. I bet he'd LIKE to go on the road with the band--he seems happy with music.

JB was very generous to give and help the Bates with their new house addition, although I totally understood that Gil didn't want none of it. First, it's a bit embarassing to think that yr family's house is viewed as "not good enough" by one of yr best friends, second as I said earlier they probably pay up way more in taxes and utilities. Hated the way JB manipulated Gil into accepting it all by going to Kelly and telling her that it was a Mother's Day gift so he could not refuse.

Speaking of the Bates: does anybody else wonder if, with all the backlash that the Duggars are getting with the Jubilee mess, TLC will cancel the show and redo a new "19 Kids and..." (maybe with a new title) starring the Bates family instead? Would Gil and Kelly decline if offered out of loyalty to JB and M, or would they jump on it because of the $$$ and "this is our way to witness" beliefs?? They'll have a wedding (Z and S.Reith), new 19th baby,, so what better way to revamp the show??

This is crazy talk on my part but I thought about it today.

I doubt The Bates would want that kind of exposure after everyone saw how they 'care' for their horses.

TLC wouldn't want them, think of all the editing and subtitles these rubes would require!

Yeah I always found the Bluegrass music to be very curious, when they dont allow any other type of toe-tapping music because it can rile up 'feelings that aren't very good for you'... again more talking out of their asses.

JB was very generous to give and help the Bates with their new house addition, although I totally understood that Gil didn't want none of it. First, it's a bit embarassing to think that yr family's house is viewed as "not good enough" by one of yr best friends, second as I said earlier they probably pay up way more in taxes and utilities. Hated the way JB manipulated Gil into accepting it all by going to Kelly and telling her that it was a Mother's Day gift so he could not refuse.

Speaking of the Bates: does anybody else wonder if, with all the backlash that the Duggars are getting with the Jubilee mess, TLC will cancel the show and redo a new "19 Kids and..." (maybe with a new title) starring the Bates family instead? Would Gil and Kelly decline if offered out of loyalty to JB and M, or would they jump on it because of the $$$ and "this is our way to witness" beliefs?? They'll have a wedding (Z and S.Reith), new 19th baby,, so what better way to revamp the show??

This is crazy talk on my part but I thought about it today.

1st of all, I really don't think they'll get their own show. I don't want to knock their accent, which I find adorable, but it's not for national TV. It's for the Duddlyfuck Hillbilly Local Cable TV.

2. That 'Gift'... just told the Bates right away that their house was a dump and they had to change it into sgt more xpensive, and more according to jimbo's taste, coz in fundieland jimbo's the alpha stag. (we saw them complete: Duggarsd married earlier, duggars have more kids, esp more SONS which counts, duggar have the philosophers's stone that's why they are on TV and money keeps rolling in. Point is... You have to pay more for the heating, the cleaning, everyhint. It's like giving anyone a car wo asking them if they can pay for the gas, road stamps, checkups, taxes etc

Archived