IGNORED

----------

FJismyheadship

As to personal safety: I'd pretty much make sure there is always someone aware of your whereabouts, etc- all of that basic safety stuff, but ALSO do kind of map out escape routes for your house and places you frequent, I find myself doing that often now, as well as sitting with my back to the wall and eyes on the door.

Yes. totally agree with Antigone. OP, always know where you can get to and never be trapped in a place you can't escape from. I wouldn't normally recommend something that sounds as paranoid as that, but I don't have a good feeling about your situation at all.

I agree, if he shows up again, call the cops. Get a dead bolt, or have the landlord install one. Call your landlord and explain the situation with creepy neighbor. Even a cheap bastard will probably install a deadbolt to avoid a potential lawsuit. Or, install it yourself, then take the money it cost out of rent.

Also, if you are so inclined and have the ability to care for one, get a dog. Even a small dog can provide some protection. Our dog is a sweetheart, but he has protected us before. He rarely shows signs of aggression, but when he does growl, it instantly puts us on the alert. A dog will defend his family/pack. Even a tiny toy size dog has the soul of a wolf. I am not a true dog person at heart, but having a dog around the house does give me a sense of security. He notices stuff I don't, and I have learned to listen to him.

Ok, I am kind of ready to be flamed about this but I am really questioning the truthfulness of this story. Something about it doesn't sound right to me. Maybe I am the only person who feels this way but, well, there you have it.

I've had Rottweilers too, and when they are trained and raised in a loving home they can be wonderful family pets as well as vey intimidating protectors of the home.

I kinda questioned the story as well, but then I realized that I have had weirder stuff happen. Really often, in fact. People are freakin weird. I'm going with benefit of the doubt for now.

Ok, I am kind of ready to be flamed about this but I am really questioning the truthfulness of this story. Something about it doesn't sound right to me. Maybe I am the only person who feels this way but, well, there you have it.

Not bringing the flames! It's a good point.

This is a touchy subject for me because of my relative who died at the hands of her partner. So I have the feeling "better safe than sorry". We thought his weird actions, when she reported them to us, were "him being over dramatic" or "her being paranoid". Until her life was ended violently.

I had a fakey or off vibe at first reading the post but I kind of don't care in the end. If one person reads this thread and thinks "Oh shit this is happening to me" and s/he heeds our warnings it's golden.

I go to bed many nights thinking "if [relative] hadn't opened the door at midnight to the person who came to kill her..." I totally see why you are doubtful but if it's true it is heading to a dark place.

Not bringing the flames! It's a good point.

This is a touchy subject for me because of my relative who died at the hands of her partner. So I have the feeling "better safe than sorry". We thought his weird actions, when she reported them to us, were "him being over dramatic" or "her being paranoid". Until her life was ended violently.

I had a fakey or off vibe at first reading the post but I kind of don't care in the end. If one person reads this thread and thinks "Oh shit this is happening to me" and s/he heeds our warnings it's golden.

I go to bed many nights thinking "if [relative] hadn't opened the door at midnight to the person who came to kill her..." I totally see why you are doubtful but if it's true it is heading to a dark place.

First off I am so sorry for the loss of your family member. I have experienced the loss of a friend in similar circumstances, not that it is at all the same thing, similar but not the same. I think your point about pointing out a strategy for someone in a similar situation is a good thing. Thank you for giving me a new way of looking at a situation, I really do mean that.

And I get that people do strange things. Trust me, I really get it. Several years ago I fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up in the morning I went to my bedroom to grab some clothes for work I found things in my room in mild disarray. A little investigation found that someone had stolen my underpants. Not all of them mind you, just the good ones. The perve left my ratty "fat girl" underpants and stole all the sexy cute ones. He also stole my battery operated... friend. And my pictures from a vacation to Ireland. That was it. Didn't touch the electronics or the DVD collection. Undewear, vibrator, and pictures. Let me tell you, you haven't lived until you have had to describe your vibrator to a hot uniformed cop in your living room on a Sunday morning. (insert eyeroll here) It was hands down the scariest and eventually kind of funny situation I have ever been in. I get the weird. I still question the truthfulness of the "Creepy Fundy Dude" stories though.

That may be the funniest story I've heard today. "So, it's cream colored plastic and it's one of those ones that's contoured to hit your g-spot? Have you seen those?"

That may be the funniest story I've heard today. "So, it's cream colored plastic and it's one of those ones that's contoured to hit your g-spot? Have you seen those?"

My exact response was "it was blue and shaped like something I imagine your are equipped with. And no, I don't mean your nightstick." I was a little testy and creeped out by the entire situation.

My exact response was "it was blue and shaped like something I imagine your are equipped with. And no, I don't mean your nightstick." I was a little testy and creeped out by the entire situation.

OMG, I'm dying laughing over here!

My rottie is the same way. He's very, very protective of us, me in particular. While we were still doing foster care, we had a child with violent tendencies. When ever Big D would start slamming doors and trying to get up in my face, my rottie would be at my side, and tried to stand in between us. He would push me back; no 'attack' type aggressive behavior, just more of a guarding stance. He's my nap buddy and he takes up a guarding position at the end of the bed, situated so he can see the bedroom door. Interestingly, when I leave for work in the morning, he crawls next to DH--on my side of the bed, not the 'guarding' type of behavior. Our other dog is a german shepard/akita mix. Both are great deterrents and useful for home safety, but if someone really meant us physical harm I don't think they'd let the dogs stand in their way. Many people in our neighborhood are afraid of my dogs and I'm pretty okay with that. We have a 6' privacy fence and a large backyard.

Seriously, OP, I really do hope you called the police.

Archived