IGNORED

Other things of note from the J'Fetus episode

Daenerys

I recently watched this whole episode and thought the FJ discussion had (understandably!) missed a few things in this episode in light of the horrifying revalation at the end.

1. I notice they are trying to stick Jennifer in the Jackson/Hannie duo, but I was kind of concerned seeing her behaviour. Jennifer is four, and yet they didn't seem to be able to get her to speak. I think she understood at least one of the questions, because she appeared to whisper something in Jackson's ear. Even if she can speak, I think it was more than just shyness. Perhaps she has selective mutism, but whatever it is I think she needs assessment and won't get it.

2. Josiah and Joy made an appearance in the talking heads segment and had possibly the most miserable faces I have ever seen. Joy looked like she had given up on life, and Josiah looked pretty beaten down himself. I really saw the possible future of Jackson and Hannie in them, and it's a horrible thought. I want to carry the four of them away!

3. In the questions part, when the 'accidental kissing' question came up, I think we got a flash of the real Michelle when she said 'well, if it isn't the one they're going to marry!' and there was this flash of anger in her eyes that actually made me flinch. That woman is seriously frightening off camera and those kids definitely don't have any choice.

Please add in any that I forgot. I think, with all the back story we now have, this 'ask the Duggars' was way more revealing than the one on 17KAC a few years back. I feel so desperately sad for all those children.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Baby #20

Oh ok, for some reason I thought it was something else. Not that baby #20 isn't horrifying all on its own!

I rewatched and I think I may have solved the Josiah mystery. When he disappeared around the 8 minute mark of the clip (YouTube), it sounded like Jana or one of the J slaves was yelling, "Josiah, don't cry!" and then Anna said something and Jim Bob said, "Hey, don't call him back guys." I think.

I agree with Michelle and the anger over the kissing question. What if someone kissed one of the kids and they were caught off guard.

I rewatched and I think I may have solved the Josiah mystery. When he disappeared around the 8 minute mark of the clip (YouTube), it sounded like Jana or one of the J slaves was yelling, "Josiah, don't cry!" and then Anna said something and Jim Bob said, "Hey, don't call him back guys." I think.

To me it sounded like "Hey, don't call anybody guys" or "Hey, don't follow me guys." I didn't notice before, but you're right. He did say something.

I'd need to watch it again, but maybe "Hey, don't follow him guys?" Can't have anyone else going to comfort him. :naughty:

Can someone please post the youtube link to the episode?

When's the accidental kissing question? I really don't want to listen to an hour of JimBoob and Co.

I think it's the last or nearly last question.

To me it sounded like "Hey, don't call anybody guys" or "Hey, don't follow me guys." I didn't notice before, but you're right. He did say something.

I think JB said "don't call him back guys". I can't be sure. It would make sense though if JB thought it would be easier to edit without people crying out for Josiah.

I just watched again from the desktop instead of my phone and I thought I heard someone say,"Josiah, don't cry please." I also understood JimDick to be saying, "don't call anybody." When watching from my phone, I'd have sworn Josiahs arm was red above the elbow area when he was standing over behind old whatshertwat. When I watched on the desktop, I didn't notice that. My opinion is though that that boy got him a jerkin' by old daddy boy off camera. I'd say he definately got the what for.

I'm so pissed cause I was one who in the beginning thought the Duggars were a breath of fresh air and it was nice to see Christians on t.v. for a change like that. Pfft. Then I came here. lol. Now that I know what they are about I almost despise them. I can't stand that woman that calls herself their mother(Michelle). I might spit on that bitch if I ever saw her. Yeh, I dislike her that much.

what I did not get was that people who were doing the snapshot were all like oh where did he go, when in the excerpt you can see him go as soon as she says baby #20. He leaves, it's not like it's hidden.

I don't know what they say though...

I guarantee that some of those kids are not only going to kiss before the wedding, but also kiss someone they don't end up marrying. They're just going to keep it from their parents. In that zoo, it can't be hard to disappear for a bit and do whatever the hell you want to do without anyone being the wiser. I'm waiting for one of the kids to break free and set out on their own to live their life the way they want to live it, not the way Jim Bob and Michelle want them to live it. You know it will happen. Look at Anna Duggar's family or Kristina's (of the keepsakes variety) family. Both have had one or more members thumb their noses up at their families' ridiculous old testament religions.

If it were me, I'd want my child to feel comfortable making his own decisions and know I won't judge him. That way, he'll ask for my advice and use me as a sounding board instead of going behind my back to do things. At least that way, I may stand a chance of heading off a disaster or at least be able to impart wisdom that he can use in his decision making process. If you hold the reins to tightly, it will have the opposite effect you desire.

I guarantee that some of those kids are not only going to kiss before the wedding, but also kiss someone they don't end up marrying. They're just going to keep it from their parents. In that zoo, it can't be hard to disappear for a bit and do whatever the hell you want to do without anyone being the wiser. I'm waiting for one of the kids to break free and set out on their own to live their life the way they want to live it, not the way Jim Bob and Michelle want them to live it.

I have a feeling John David and possibly Jinger have already been sneaking off. John David is rarely seen in recent episodes and he's never seemed to be drowning in the kool-aid. He also volunteers as a firefighter and has probably made lots of non-Gothard/QF buddies through that. As for Jinger, it has been said on the show that she is the one who does all of the "errands". Pretty sure they're off living a double defrauding life!

If it were me, I'd want my child to feel comfortable making his own decisions and know I won't judge him. That way, he'll ask for my advice and use me as a sounding board instead of going behind my back to do things. At least that way, I may stand a chance of heading off a disaster or at least be able to impart wisdom that he can use in his decision making process. If you hold the reins to tightly, it will have the opposite effect you desire.

A friend of a friend grew up in an environment that to me, seems very fundie, but she was Chinese and Buddhist instead of white and Christian. She was a first generation American and her parents suffocated her- when she graduated high school and went to a good (but not GREAT, we're talking like mid 1st tier) university, she went CRAZY. Lost her virginity the second night of university, failed multiple classes, waking up drunk in subway stations, etc. It was terrifying to seelo- we were only fb friends at that point but friends who were closer to her were really worried.

It really reinforced to me that as close as you keep your children to you and try to indoctrinate them, at some point, they will leave. College in friend's case, o marriage in these fundie girls cases, and they will be exposed to different ideas, ways of doing things, beliefs. And since the first 20 years of their lives was spent with no critical thinking skills or real explanations of beliefs...

I wonder why the Duggars didn't build a basement. I realize that lots of houses in the south can't have basements because of the sandy soil but they have enough money to build some sort of safe room. They live in tornado alley, after all.

There is something conceited about assuming that if you dance, it will arouse urges in other people. :lol:

About dancing-

Jimbob:we try not to shake body parts around to draw attention to our bodies.

One of the girls(JIll?) We don't want to stir up desires that can not be righteously fullfilled.

What a paranoid minset. If you dance, someone might get horny. My dancing is so horrible, I think that the opposite happens

Why are they allowed to walk on the furniture?

Her bathtime routine confuses me. Does she wash all the little kids in the same bath water?

Yeah, she wasn't too happy with the kissing question. Those poor kids. I hope that John David and Jinger are sneaking around behind their parents' backs

Duggar time annoys me because it is so obnoxious and self centered. All that matters is what the Duggars want, not everyone else. It isn't cute.

They admit that their show is a ministry. Propraganda is a better word.

Here is the second one

The tornado drill made me crack up. "We all got into the shelter safely! Oh, hey Grandma, come on in!"

Archived