IGNORED

Other things of note from the J'Fetus episode

Daenerys

Jenny: I agree, especially when one looks back at the '14 Kids and One on the Way'. The children are much more elequent and mature for their ages, particularly when one compares the howlers and the little girls.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm like this, too. I always wonder if there's a Duggar kid like me in that regard. There HAS to be, right? I mean, out of 20 of them, there has to be at least one.

ETA: I think many of us who end up here at FJ have this sort of nature.

*raises hand* I called my dad "prejudiced" ("racist" wasn't in the lexicon yet) when I was about 8. I was the polar opposite of my dad (who was actually a very decent guy...just had NOTHING in common, including religion) and other than liberal politics, was even more remote with my second adopted mother (dad remarried after my first adopted mother died when I was 10). I sort of got slapped when I was 17 when I suggested that my sex life was better than hers. Oops! Only not. She was being a cunt and she had absolutely no comeback for that except to hit me (she was 8 inches taller and at the time probably had about 50 lbs. on me...nice fair match there).

WHen asked about getting angry at their kids, Jichelle says that she doesn't blow up at them because she'll have to answer for her behavior in the end, insinuating (IMO) that God will get on her ass about it when she's dead.

How about not speaking (not "talking") "hatefully" to your kids because it's just not a nice thing to do? It makes the kids feel like shit and hurts their feelings. Yeah, they did something stupid or careless or didn't follow directions, but worrying about what god will think of you doesn't make you sound all that great. Worrying about how your speech will affect your kids would be my concern.

These people do what (they think) is right because they don't want to get in trouble with god and not get their seat in heaven. It's all about them and how they are being affected. WHy not do the right thing because it's the right thing to do? Or is that not godly enough? Is that Humanism?

To me it sounded like "Hey, don't call anybody guys" or "Hey, don't follow me guys." I didn't notice before, but you're right. He did say something.

If you listen carefully, you can hear one of the Howler/Lost Boys say, "BOOHOO!" in a mocking way, so I think he was saying, "Hey guys, don't call anybody" to mean don't call people names or tease them. I often start to say something and then get stuck where I can't think of the right word to finish the sentence and make it sound like a coherent, intelligent sentence, so I just stop where I am and try to find the correct wording and then say what I meant to say in the first place. And sadly, English IS my first language and I still have problems with it sometimes - mostly word-recall problems.

Anyway, that's my explanation of what JB said.

Jana said "Siah, don't crah!" in a really mean tone, I think. Anyone else agree?

I don't think any of the kids were mocking him, at least it didn't sound like that. It sounded like they were pleading with him not to run off/cry.

You all can take this for what it's worth since I have no proof that I'm telling the truth. Sometime back in 2004-2005 I was part of an uber-fundy message board call Christian Mothers of Many Blessings (CMOMB) and in the members only area there was a text from a site chat with Michelle. In there she stated in the early days of parenthood they had been given a book by Ray or Roy Lessin whatever the hell his name is about training your kids and that she literally slept with it under her pillow. I remember looking it up on Amazon and being horrified at the reviews. He sounded like an earlier version of Michael Pearl. I am sure that all their kids had the snot beat out of them for any toe stepped out of line.

They had that as one of their recommended parenting books on Amazon so I'm certain the eldest have been pretty much beaten into submission long ago.

I loved the girls-Jinger and Jessa (?), mainly Jessa? saying that if a young man was interested in her, they would have to talk to their dad because he knows what they want in a future husband. Loved Jackson's (who is what, 7? in the epi) spouting his paren'ts ideology of dating only when you are married. You don't date before.

All I have to say is: If my dad had to be the one to decide who I marry, ,we'd have issues because as involved as my dad was and everything, he does not have a clue about what I want in a future spouse at all. I have a very hard time believing all those girls in that family want the same things in a spouse or that JimBob knows what his daughters actually want in a man they plan on spending the rest of their life with. Poor girls. Never get the chance to even think about what they want or would like in a husband I bet.

n the questions part, when the 'accidental kissing' question came up, I think we got a flash of the real Michelle when she said 'well, if it isn't the one they're going to marry!' and there was this flash of anger in her eyes that actually made me flinch. That woman is seriously frightening off camera and those kids definitely don't have any choice

"Cause she and Jim-Bob kissed and have to live AND tell to be honest.........They also dated.......So I wonder how they tell the kids it's evil, but God went ahead and blessed US with a happy marriage, but don't any of y'all try it now, hear?

"Cause she and Jim-Bob kissed and have to live AND tell to be honest.........They also dated.......So I wonder how they tell the kids it's evil, but God went ahead and blessed US with a happy marriage, but don't any of y'all try it now, hear?

He cursed them with a miscarriage as punishment, obvs :roll:

I'm so pissed cause I was one who in the beginning thought the Duggars were a breath of fresh air and it was nice to see Christians on t.v. for a change like that. Pfft. Then I came here. lol.

This!

This!

Add me to the same group who thought the Duggars were a breath of fresh air until I found out more about them. Fresh air doesn't always smell so sweet when you are upwind from a pig farm.

I thought the Duggars were amaaaaazing, and wanted to learn all about them. Then I learned all about them, and here I am.

Loved Jackson's (who is what, 7? in the epi) spouting his paren'ts ideology of dating only when you are married. You don't date before.

Just rewatched it (gotta love days off) and yeah that part stood out for me. He learns the propaganda well, doesn't he? No critical thinking allowed. I think that Jackson is a cute sweetie, but I fear that as he grows up he might become a bit like Smuggar. He's the oldest brother to lots of little sisters and I've noticed that he often speaks over Hannie or tries to argue with her ( he corrects her if she says something wrong) during their show interviews-that is annoying sometimes-. But he has a very sweet disposition too, I hope that he gets to keep it!

They also seem to put Jennifer more often in the int. segments with Jackson and Hannie...She's a very pretty little girl but I could barely understand a word she said. She was 4 (or 3 and a half) during that filming; that isn't normal for a child that age to still baby-speak at all times.

I wonder if they put her with those 2 cuties as a way to break up the special bond Hannie and Jackson have, to make Johannah notice that she should play more with Jennifer? If so, how sad...As I said Jenny is very cute but she is so serious, she whines all the time, it must be a bit boring for a very intelligent spitfire like Johannah to be forced to play with a sister that is so unlike you just because you are the same sex and have a year difference...

I don't think any of the kids were mocking him, at least it didn't sound like that. It sounded like they were pleading with him not to run off/cry.

Listen again. Pay attention for the part where JB says "Hey guys, don't call anybody." When you find that part, rewind a little and listen for one of the younger boys to say "BOOHOO!" in a snotty tone. It's at the 8:24 mark. (I went back and found it) I was using earbuds on my laptop when I listened to it, so that probably made it much more noticeable. It's definitely there, though.

Please don't read my tone as snotty because that isn't my intention, I swear!

I noticed in this clip that Jordyn was yet again sitting at the dining room table alone. Please take care of the babies that you have.

Archived