IGNORED

Other things of note from the J'Fetus episode

Daenerys

I wonder why the Duggars didn't build a basement. I realize that lots of houses in the south can't have basements because of the sandy soil but they have enough money to build some sort of safe room. They live in tornado alley, after all.

I think the tinker toy kit didn't come with those pieces. Could you imagine how much longer it would have taken them to get started on the house if they had to dig and shore up a basement first? I'm kind of amazed that they managed to get the foundation well enough in place to hold the house up :?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Duggar time annoys me because it is so obnoxious and self centered. All that matters is what the Duggars want, not everyone else. It isn't cute.

Yes yes yes. If you know you're usually late, then start getting ready earlier. If you need to be soemwhere at 3 pm, tell everyone it's actually 2 pm so they'll get ready earlier.

They take pride in their lateness which is so stupid, selfish, and inconsiderate.

As for the "accidental kissing", I definitely saw that evil glare in her eyes when she was answering the question. Love how fundies they kissing is like having sex, making your purity tainted.

I watched the clip again when they announce the pregnancy and I also heard Jim Bob say along the lines of "Hey guys, don't follow..." and then it's hard to hear. The more I watch this family, the more I get suspicious of what really goes on behind the scenes. This whole "stay sweet" attitude is complete bull shit. Love how Josiah ran off and then Michelle claimed that all her children were excited about the news. I don't understand why they felt the need to hide Josiah's concern over the pregnancy. He almost lost his mother and younger sister, I highly doubt that should be classified as a selfish move on his part. Someone needs to do an undercover investigation of IBLP/ATI and do a story on them. I don't buy that all their children have exact beliefs, especially since they sound so rehearsed with everything they say.

This is why I love watching Kody Brown's children speak; they are actually allowed to have their own opinions and you see that not all of them have similar beliefs on polygamy.

The only "accidental kissing" I can think of was from "Lady and the Tramp", in the spaghetti scene.

I guess no Duggar child would be allowed to go to an "Eye-talian" restaurant. After all, virtue must remain intact!

The only "accidental kissing" I can think of was from "Lady and the Tramp", in the spaghetti scene.

I guess no Duggar child would be allowed to go to an "Eye-talian" restaurant. After all, virtue must remain intact!

the question was pretty stupid... I can understand kissing someone accidentally in say france when you say hi and for some reason you miss the cheek, but I don't see how you could kiss someone accidentally in the US. But no matter J'chelle was too thick to take on that and dodge the question, she did let her feelings go through "they have no business kissing someone they're not married to" Well yeah J'chelle, they have the business they want to have, you on the other hand have no business judging who they kiss and when, their body their choice.

It was so easy to just go around the question... epic fail!

I was rewatching the other night, and this really stood out to me: in response to the Q about "how do the kids all get along so well?" Michelle says "we start training them from a young age," and goes on about training this, once they're trained, training training training... It reeks of To Train Up A Child.

And Jill's response to the dancing Q: she kind of struggled to find the words, then after stumbling around spews out the "righteously fulfilled" line. Lol that just made me laugh bc it is so obviously not her own true thought, but a phrase that's been memorized and implanted in her.

By the way, what's "Right Response"?

From what I gather it's a game where someone asks another one a question like: "Why is it forbidden to use birth control in our family?" Their right answer would be :"Because we have to let God give us how many blessings (kids) as he see fits."

It's an insidious way to drill obedience into their kids. They try to make it "fun" but I think it's highly manipulative.

I've only seen that "game" in ATI circles.

Yes yes yes. If you know you're usually late, then start getting ready earlier. If you need to be soemwhere at 3 pm, tell everyone it's actually 2 pm so they'll get ready earlier.

Completely agree. This has been going on for years & years - plenty of time to get better about it!

I'm just annoyed that they let the "accidental" part of the kissing question go through. It completely invalidates it.

Didn't Michelle and Jim-Bob kiss before they were married? Wasn't there some story about kissing behind the frozen yogurt shop where they both worked or something like that?

I was rewatching the other night, and this really stood out to me: in response to the Q about "how do the kids all get along so well?" Michelle says "we start training them from a young age," and goes on about training this, once they're trained, training training training... It reeks of To Train Up A Child.

And Jill's response to the dancing Q: she kind of struggled to find the words, then after stumbling around spews out the "righteously fulfilled" line. Lol that just made me laugh bc it is so obviously not her own true thought, but a phrase that's been memorized and implanted in her.

Yes, it's literally the textbook definition of "defrauding."

It was "Josiah don't cry", I've listened to it a hundred times. He isn't happy, nor is Grandma. I know the feeling, I'm the eldest of nine, but I really started hating it when my mom was pregnant again. I don't hate her or my siblings, but I just know the looks and they are the same as mine when I was his age.

I don't have a cite, so this is purely anecdotal, but, I recall that Gandhi said something like, "Lateness is a form of violence."

Tardiness is rude and disrespectful. I doubt Jesus was late for the many weddings to which he was invited. After all, he was the supplier of libations!

In an earlier version of the Rapunzel fairy tale, the evil witch found out about the prince's visits when Rapunzel innocently wondered out loud why her dresses were getting so tight around her stomach. The moral of the story is that you can literally lock your kid in a tower and they will still turn into adults eventually. The Duggars could really learn a lot from that story. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the daughters ends up pregnant because she knew to avoid "sex" but didn't know what that meant. I mean, I discovered masturbation on my own without anyone ever telling me what it was or even realizing it was sexual. I can imagine one of the kids just realizing that a certain stimulation feels good and not connecting to the sex thing that is too taboo to even talk about.

Didn't Michelle and Jim-Bob kiss before they were married? Wasn't there some story about kissing behind the frozen yogurt shop where they both worked or something like that?

They did kiss before marriage and they think it's the root of any problem they ever have, along with their previous BC use. They're the most superstitious people I've ever known, so they look for things to blame when anything goes wrong. I'm sure that whenever Michelle has a hard time obeying Jim Bob's idiotic decisions, she thinks it's because she dated another boy in high school and will never realize that it's just her common sense trying to break through.

Yes they did kiss and hold hands, and date like normal teenagers tend to do. Jim Bob and Michelle are the biggest hypocrites in the world because they were allowed to experience "normal" teenage activities, including dating. However, they have been determined at robbing their children of the same experiences. For the record, I do call BS on their story. I don't buy that JB and Michelle were just kissin' during their teenage years. I think they went further than this before marriage. Just a hunch~~ :whistle:

RE: accidental kissing-I did notice an air of superiority with the whole 'accidental kissing' question. I've noticed when Michelle has been asked questions about kissing and purity, she tends to get uppity. I remember she mentioned that ALL of her girls have STRONG convictions about modesty and purity. Well of course they do Michelle! It's because they haven't been allowed to have any other opinions! Michelle expects her daughters to have these convictions and the J'slaves better not deviate from the script, or else! Out of the two parents, I'd say Jim Blob is the lesser of two evils. Michelle strikes me as a very cold, manipulative person underneath that fakey-fake baby voice.

Link to the 'accidental kissing' segment please?

And do they talk about 'right response' on the show?

Yes, did they?? That would be publically admitting to brainwashing.

They talk about a version of it in their first book. (Not that I own it. :oops: )

It's called the "obedience game". IIRC they start playing it when the kids are really little. They say "It's time for the obedience game!", and then Juterus and Boob take it in turns to tell the kids to do something random -- "Go touch the kitchen counter and come right back", "Turn around ten times", "Pick up the plant and bring it here", and the kid has to say "Yes sir/Yes maam!" and do it immediately.

It's to teach them immediate, cheerful, unquestioning obedience. They play it all the time so the kids get used to doing exactly what they're told, at once, every time.

They talk about it like it's a fun game but I found it really unsettling, and this was back when I was well in to the Duggars as a really interesting family and didn't even know much of the bad stuff.

It is unsettling indeed. Wow. It's just so sad. How are the kids gonna learn to say no? To others, like, Idk, assaulters, or even to their own parents. Oh, there's the point. No one wants them to be able to say NO. :(

Pre-emptively invoking Godwin's Law on myself, but that unquestioning obedience to authority thing reminds me of a book by Alice Miller, a psychologist, about pedagogy in German before the second world war.

In an earlier version of the Rapunzel fairy tale, the evil witch found out about the prince's visits when Rapunzel innocently wondered out loud why her dresses were getting so tight around her stomach. The moral of the story is that you can literally lock your kid in a tower and they will still turn into adults eventually. The Duggars could really learn a lot from that story. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the daughters ends up pregnant because she knew to avoid "sex" but didn't know what that meant. I mean, I discovered masturbation on my own without anyone ever telling me what it was or even realizing it was sexual. I can imagine one of the kids just realizing that a certain stimulation feels good and not connecting to the sex thing that is too taboo to even talk about.

In Isabel Allende autobiographical book she says that her 14 year old cousin got pregnant because her mom always told her to never lie in bed with a man, so standing up behind a door did not count obviously...

I'm just annoyed that they let the "accidental" part of the kissing question go through. It completely invalidates it.

Agreed. But I imagine the person who asked it (and the producers) knew that the question would never get answered without that qualifier. I know they were hoping for a truthful answer, and I think they at least got a grain of one from J'chelle.

Archived