IGNORED

Did the morton's lose a child

treemom

I don't know all the stories behind the Mortons as much as others do. But I noticed this on the 12 day and couting post:

I always really miss her and Little Timothy allot when ever the Big Things happen in life and you want to celebrate with them. How I love them...it'll be so amazing to see them again...God is good...

Ignoring the allot problem....who is Little Timothy?

I think that was the name of the child that Rachel and Wes Morton lost when she was pretty far along in her 3rd pregnancy. It was obviously a boy and they named him. I want to say she was about 4-6 months pregnant when she lost the baby but I could be wrong.

Mrs. Morton lost a baby around Kressant's wedding but my assumption was she was early on because not much was said about it. Rachel lost Timothy when she was past the point of viability, at least from my recollection.

Yep, Addie was referring to Rachel's son. That was a long, hard pregnancy for Rachel - she was on bedrest prior to losing the baby, and if I recall she looked sickly the entire time. At least so far, she appears to be looking much better this time around. The Mortons believe some pretty abhorrent things, but I find myself rooting particularly for Rachel.

The Mortons believe some pretty abhorrent things, but I find myself rooting particularly for Rachel.

Based on her own blog writings, Rachel seems to have a great sense of humour. I really like her self-sarcastic writing style.

Somehow I always feel she's a bit of an "outsider" at the Morton compound. Not that she wouldn't be accepted or anything, but somehow... I don't know... she just doesn't seem to be the domestic goddess her older sister is: planting vegetables and flowers, making soap, breeding like a bunny... To me, Rachel has always seemed to be more like a city girl, not a pioneer wife living off the land. Rachel seems like a very sweet girl (and I say girl as she looks so damn young) who married to her hubby's lifestyle, which may not be her preference. Regardless of the Mortons' horrible beliefs, I hope Rachel is happy where she is, because there is no way out for her.

Before Rachel was married, she seemed passionate about sewing. She still has a sewing machine in one room of her house.

I thought her engagement photos looked detached, but they seem wild about each other.

I admit, one reason I would find a way to obtain the Smith's courtship doc if it airs is because the trailer features Rachel heavily. I'm interested in hearing all that in her own words.

Archived