IGNORED

Miss Raquel's latest guy

formergothardite

http://god-sdaughter.blogspot.com/

Her list of guys should be a list of guys to avoid. I will cry if my daughters marry anyone like this. Some highlights of his interview:

About modesty:

For guys it's not much of a problem, but for girls they should wear whatever their fathers find to be appropriate. And if they have no one to censor themselves, they should wear that which is not revealing or scanty. Think of what your Heavenly Father would say, if you were to ask Him, then decide what is suitable. Another fact of the matter is that men are sinful, and they will work off of whatever you give them. This does not mean girls should put themselves in a cardboard box and hide from the world. It simply means don't dress like a prostitute (please don't take that harshly).

I guess this is another one who thinks women aren't visually stimulated and so what men wear isn't an issue.

Basically, I think girls should do their best to look pretty, even though not all are blessed with this gift. However, those that do possess this gift should not let it go to their heads. Men also want a girl who knows how to tie her own shoes.

Even if you are ugly, you should try and look nice for men.

About makeup:

However seeing a girl without makeup is quite exciting for me. It's like seeing a person take off their mask and reveal that it was actually a human underneath

Sorry pagans, you are going to miss out on this fine fellow:

I will only marry a Christian, who has similar beliefs to mine. Sorry pagan ladies, I'm taken (unless I convert one of you beforehand).

And yet again and equal, but not really answer about marriage:

They are equal in rank and importance to God, but are assigned different tasks or roles; the man being the decision-maker and leader, and the woman being the decision-making counselor and supporter of the husband. Both serve to keep the family in union by being faithful to each other and recognizing their roles in life.

Here is his blog:

wilsonftw.blogspot.com/

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure all the pagans are now weeping silent tears that they will miss out on this catch. His answers are too bad though, he is pretty good looking (and I can say this non-creepily because I am not that much older than him).

He sounds controlling and incredibly naive. Guys and girls can't be friends because they want there to be something more? I think I've got a pretty even 50/50 split in the genders of my friends, and I'm also pretty happy with my fiancé.

He wouldn't want me, though; I'm an evil atheist!

wilsonftw.blogspot.com/

He's modest, too!

Here is his blog:

wilsonftw.blogspot.com/

He does have some cool photos of Oregon on his blog, makes me want to visit. The rest of his blog, well, he is just 18 and like most 18 y.o. guys thinks he knows everything. Even when I was 18 he would have done nothing for me.

I am sure all the pagans are now weeping silent tears that they will miss out on this catch. His answers are too bad though, he is pretty good looking (and I can say this non-creepily because I am not that much older than him).

[sarcasm] As an almost pagan, I am absolutely heart broken. [/sarcasm] ಠ_ಠ

Lmao on this:

What do you think of girls posting pictures of guys on their blog?

Creepy. But I think it's okay.

Almost the first you can see when you go to his blog is pictures of Emma Watson.

He's quite...spastic. I picture him jumping around in place as he writes his posts.

I can totally picture him doing that.

Since I don't follow Miss Racquel that much what is her stance on flirting; good or bad? *crosses fingers that the answer is bad*

I'm pretty sure she thinks it is bad. She is one of those people who don't believe courting couples should ever be alone before marriage. She also had a mini-melt down a couple of weeks ago when someone told another person they thought she liked a guy. She cried and then had her parents meet with the other parents to confront the girl about the horrible sin she committed by saying Miss Raquel liked a guy.

I'm pretty sure she thinks it is bad. She is one of those people who don't believe courting couples should ever be alone before marriage. She also had a mini-melt down a couple of weeks ago when someone told another person they thought she liked a guy. She cried and then had her parents meet with the other parents to confront the girl about the horrible sin she committed by saying Miss Raquel liked a guy.

Hmm, well if that is her reaction to that then I don't know if I want to post what I was thinking. Does she read here? Either way, someone needs to tell her that it is very possible to flirt online. And that she is doing it. Except she's doing it like a 12 year chock :D full :P of ;) smilies :) :lol: :P :mrgreen: :D ;) and the oh so effective "hahaha". :naughty:

Just as an aside: how does Miss R find all these boys? Isn't she supposed to be at home praying for her "hero" to find her?

Probably at church or something?

She also had a mini-melt down a couple of weeks ago when someone told another person they thought she liked a guy. She cried and then had her parents meet with the other parents to confront the girl about the horrible sin she committed by saying Miss Raquel liked a guy.

Oh yeah! Here's the thread where we first discussed it. Raquel's parents share a lot of the blame for that situation because they actually participated in this silly melodrama instead of setting their daughter straight.

About the boy, Wilson (?) - he sounds pretty much like I would expect an 18-year-old fundie to sound.

I just try to keep in mind that where Raquel and these guys are concerned, they're all teenagers still in school and living with their parents. I expect most of us, if we'd kept blogs at that age, would have sounded just as dumb (but without the religious jargon).

They are equal in rank and importance to God, but are assigned different tasks or roles; the man being the decision-maker and leader, and the woman being the decision-making counselor and supporter of the husband. Both serve to keep the family in union by being faithful to each other and recognizing their roles in life.

Well ok then, I get to be the "decision making supporter"--whoo-hoo! But of course he wouldn't just throw the words "decision making" in with the slave job description to fool the little lady into thinking there was some actual decision making involved, would he?

I don't really want to contribute much more to this, because it's not a huge deal, but... I'm confused. Help a brother out?

So it's giving away pieces of your heart to have a crush or form any attachment outside of Godly courtship, yes? And if someone implies you have a crush on someone, you need to shut that bitch down and get the parentals involved in the process.

It's also giving away pieces of your heart to have any sort of physical relationship, even if it doesn't involve feelings. And, that cheapens later marriage relationships.

So how is saying "I love you", when you DON'T, not giving away pieces of your heart? If it's "Well, I haven't met you yet so obviously we can't have any attachment, but I WILL love you", then that's a form of lying. If it's "I don't love you yet but I intend to", again, gross. And like the fundies who don't interact with their fiances enough to love them yet, but start saying it from the moment the ring's on the finger... how does that not cheapen the later marriage, and the later "I love you"s, and the "I love you"s of those around them? I don't get it.

I don't really want to contribute much more to this, because it's not a huge deal, but... I'm confused. Help a brother out?

So it's giving away pieces of your heart to have a crush or form any attachment outside of Godly courtship, yes? And if someone implies you have a crush on someone, you need to shut that bitch down and get the parentals involved in the process.

It's also giving away pieces of your heart to have any sort of physical relationship, even if it doesn't involve feelings. And, that cheapens later marriage relationships.

So how is saying "I love you", when you DON'T, not giving away pieces of your heart? If it's "Well, I haven't met you yet so obviously we can't have any attachment, but I WILL love you", then that's a form of lying. If it's "I don't love you yet but I intend to", again, gross. And like the fundies who don't interact with their fiances enough to love them yet, but start saying it from the moment the ring's on the finger... how does that not cheapen the later marriage, and the later "I love you"s, and the "I love you"s of those around them? I don't get it.

I though the best part of that little escapade where her options...

Should I tell me parents about it? Should I talk to Person A’s parents? Or should I just go up to Person A and demand an explanation for their actions and an apology?

There is nothing in between talking to parents (either her's or person A's) and demanding an explanation and apology. Nothing even remotely close to "talk to person A about the situation, explaining how you feel and why what they did hurt."

Well, looking at his blog all I can say is at least he seems to understand the concept of a bucket list better than she does. It is really, really hard to read or understand his blog, though. I hope is novel is more coherent than his blog.

OMG imagine if Raquel ended up married to a closet homosexual? I can see it happening considering the number of gaydar-pinging guy friends she seems to have available for interview, and of course Raquel would never think of that because homosexuality is like, so gross and makes baby Jesus cry.

Edit: Also a guy trying desperately to repress homosexual feelings might be more willing to jump into a ridiculously young marriage, in my opinion. Possibly the fundy equivalent of how some non-fundy gay people in denial end up sleeping around to try and forget their feelings.

I just wonder, like other posters have, where she finds these guys. Do they come to her wanting to be featured or does she seek them out? Because if she does, that's just a wee bit desperate

Archived