IGNORED

Maxwells are awfully quiet

denimjumper

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't you dare comment and show concern! They might want their privacy--something to consider. ;)

Yeah, that. They are merely protecting their privacy. Something to think about :roll:

Maybe they've finally cottoned on that they have a seriously boring life and hardly anything they do is blog worthy!

Maybe they've finally cottoned on that they have a seriously boring life and hardly anything they do is blog worthy!

Doubt it. But, I can't imagine it is easy to say 'the lord especially blessed us' a hundred different ways so as not to sound repetitive, selfish, arrogant and, well, boring. Especially after the excitement of their last trip and Uriah troubles and having to rent vehicles and, and, and, and. That was probably far too much excitement even for god. Maybe that's it - maybe they used up their quota of blessings and since god is paying attention to other people, they simply, literally can't say anything because they are all sitting in a daddy led bible study, waiting for god to come back into their circle of specialness and tell them what to do today. If god doesn't tell daddy Steve it's bed time, how will they know? If god doesn't tell Steve to get off his ass, how will he know to get out of his chair? If god doesn't specifically tell Steve what any of them are to do, they can't do anything. They don't know how.

Doubt it. But, I can't imagine it is easy to say 'the lord especially blessed us' a hundred different ways so as not to sound repetitive, selfish, arrogant and, well, boring. Especially after the excitement of their last trip and Uriah troubles and having to rent vehicles and, and, and, and. That was probably far too much excitement even for god. Maybe that's it - maybe they used up their quota of blessings and since god is paying attention to other people, they simply, literally can't say anything because they are all sitting in a daddy led bible study, waiting for god to come back into their circle of specialness and tell them what to do today. If god doesn't tell daddy Steve it's bed time, how will they know? If god doesn't tell Steve to get off his ass, how will he know to get out of his chair? If god doesn't specifically tell Steve what any of them are to do, they can't do anything. They don't know how.

GOD HAS ABANDONNED THE MAXWELLS! more at 6.

I've also been wondering why the lack of posts. Is everything SO mundane at their house lately that they can't even think of anything to post about? No new road trips coming up?

Since Steve probably reads here: Hey, Steve, Sarah's never going to find a husband if you never let her interact with anyone except for family members and nursing home residents. Something to consider.

I've also been wondering why the lack of posts. Is everything SO mundane at their house lately that they can't even think of anything to post about? No new road trips coming up?

Since Steve probably reads here: Hey, Steve, Sarah's never going to find a husband if you never let her interact with anyone except for family members and nursing home residents. Something to consider.

My guess would be a big, fat yes to that. Also, their speaking schedule on their web site is empty, so I'd say that they do not have any self-promotion trips in the near future, either.

They don't celebrate birthdays, are limited in what they do for Christmas so there is no planning or shopping or decorating to be done. I don't know their stance on Thanksgiving but I have no doubt it is toned down quite a bit to make sure there is no enjoyment from it and it's all about being godly. Steve & Teri already put up their November corners - same drivel as the last few months with no point other than 'live like us because we say so'. Nathan's money filching scheme for computers has only one 'class' going right now.

Simply put, they have absolutely nothing to talk about and no way to spin their mundane, pathetic lives.

Nothing wrong with a slow paced, kinda' boring life for a while. They, however, can't spin the lord's blessings when they cook burritos for a hundred, polish the cabinets, clean the house, and harass the elderly once a week. They really have nothing.

I'm kind of glad they're quiet. They make me insane and am glad not to read of their special blessings from the lord and constant, obsessive taking of all their decisions to the lord (um, er, to Steve).

That's never stopped them before.

Oh, they made dinner together again. Sort of. They said if anyone had personally attended one of their seminars they'd know what they were talking about, then ignored those who didn't know and gave no specifics.

They did, however, dwell in unity with their brethren (in the literal sense, their brothers from the same mother) and hey, a new blog post appeared.

At least it wasn't liquefied re-fried beans in tortilla shells this time.

John can cook for me anytime.

It looks like he tucked his shirt in for the final picture. And why is it so impressive making a salad in 10 min.?

I had to laugh how Sarah made sure to mention they *easily* agreed on the menu. All that living in unity is paying off I guess.

Anyone not taking their seminar probably fights like cats and dogs over the menu.

Guest Anonymous
kpmom said:
I had to laugh how Sarah made sure to mention they *easily* agreed on the menu. All that living in unity is paying off I guess.

Anyone not taking their seminar probably fights like cats and dogs over the menu.

IIRC, the last time John fought with R Anna over cats and dogs, he ended up eating dry crackers in the van instead of his dinner. He has learned to Dwell in Unity from the bitter experience.... :roll:

Daddy said the lord blessed him with the knowledge that they were to have salad, breadsticks and Stromboli for dinner, prepared by John (after his trip to KC) and Anna. What could there possibly have been to disagree with?

They threw pepperoni and cheese and sauce in some dough. Gourmet magazine material this is not.

No, it's not. But the Maxwells aren't gourmet people. They've shown their food and menu choices enough to leave little question that they place next to no emphasis on taste, creativity, or even amount. There wasn't much filling inside that dough - even with a salad and breadsticks, I don't know how it fed their mostly grown, adult family. If I were feeding five grown men, I'd have at least two of those things, and they'd be way heartier.

So they made a meal together. Big whoop. They spent half the time posing for pictures, anyway.

This was not a lesson in how Christian they are--I make dinner with my Buddhist husband all the time, and we don't have bitter arguments while cooking, despite the fact that I am Christian. If we can, I would think they could handle it with no problems whatsoever. They just don't have anything to blog about. Watch for a post on Christian toilet cleaning, soon to follow.

And I like stromboli, breadsticks, salad and cookies. Even if it isn't gourmet, it's tasty. Though I would serve extra gravy for dipping and load that sucker with cheese. :)

They do celebrate Thanksgiving. Last year the "guys" cooked the bird. They had pictures.

I don't see the big deal about making a salad in 10 minutes. The are generally pretty quick to make.

Their kitchen looks amazing.

As for "spending half the time posing for pictures" it reminds me, it seems there are hardly any candid shots on the Maxwell blog. Even when they are doing some mundane activity like wiping shelves or kneading dough, they are always paused and specifically posing, with smiles and properly placed hands, in every picture. At the very least, they're always looking at the camera. Particularly the women.

Guest Anonymous
They do celebrate Thanksgiving. Last year the "guys" cooked the bird. They had pictures.

I actually have to thank the Maxwells for giving me the idea to buy a culinary syringe after their post where the brothers cooked the ham and injected it with a honey marinade. It was delicious! :lol:

Sarah's never going to find a husband if you never let her interact with anyone except for family members and nursing home residents.
Maybe they're hoping God will provide a nice wealthy 95-yr-old Christian for her. Best of all worlds, y'know? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

Archived