IGNORED

Maxwells are awfully quiet

denimjumper

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/DSC_5647.jpg Aww, what a cute couple! Oh wait... they're... brother and sister... :doh:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/DSC_5647.jpg Aww, what a cute couple! Oh wait... they're... brother and sister... :doh:

No kidding. That much sibling togetherness is just not right.

They're posed pretty much exactly like I remember a picture of my sister and her first husband, when they were in their early 20's, the first Thanksgiving they were married. Only instead of a plate of cookies, it was the turkey they were proudly displaying to show their joint efforts.

Now I'm really creeped out.

No kidding. That much sibling togetherness is just not right.

They're posed pretty much exactly like I remember a picture of my sister and her first husband, when they were in their early 20's, the first Thanksgiving they were married. Only instead of a plate of cookies, it was the turkey they were proudly displaying to show their joint efforts.

Now I'm really creeped out.

That was my reaction too.

IIRC, the last time John fought with NR Anna over cats and dogs, he ended up eating dry crackers in the van instead of his dinner. He has learned to Dwell in Unity from the bitter experience.... :roll:

I thought that was really odd... I remember reading that post and shaking my head. That is one seriously screwed up family unit. Stepford family.

Can someone tell me why John needs his cell phone hooked on his pocket? It's not like the ladies are texting (probably not allowed to have the text feature activated on their phones) and calling him for dates because we all know dating leads to giving away pieces of your heart and makes you a big old sinner!!! Oh and God forbid the Maxwell family members have any FUN!!!!!

Don't worry, any hotness John may have now will be dissipated once he Steve finds a helpmeet.

From the blog post:

John would have been there helping, but he was coming home from needing to run to Kansas City for something.

Dear Sarah, you are 30 years old. Please learn sentence structure. Not that your regular readers will notice, but the rest of the English speaking world, even those who do not speak it as a first language, will. :doh:

(edited to add obligatory facepalm)

Guest Anonymous
Maybe they're hoping God will provide a nice wealthy 95-yr-old Christian for her. Best of all worlds, y'know? (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

And with no next of kin.

Can someone tell me why John needs his cell phone hooked on his pocket? It's not like the ladies are texting (probably not allowed to have the text feature activated on their phones) and calling him for dates because we all know dating leads to giving away pieces of your heart and makes you a big old sinner!!! Oh and God forbid the Maxwell family members have any FUN!!!!!

It's his tracking device. Steve probably calls him every 10 minutes or so to make sure he's not having fun. There's no way they'd let him out of the room, let alone to KC without it.

He probably uses the KJ Bible app a fair bit too.

It's his tracking device. Steve probably calls him every 10 minutes or so to make sure he's not having fun. There's no way they'd let him out of the room, let alone to KC without it.

He probably uses the KJ Bible app a fair bit too.

Totally forgot about the GPS tracking capabilities of the phone-- Yes, must keep track of adult children to ensure no fun is being had. Ever. The phone probably has a fun meter alert system built in- if too much fun is being detected, the phone alerts Poppa Steve and he sends an electrical shock to stop all the fun.

I think the reason they've been so quiet is because they've been deprogramming after the Neighborhood Ladies Luncheon. Those evil outsiders corrupted the Maxwell women.

Don't worry, any hotness John may have now will be dissipated once he Steve finds a helpmeet.

From the blog post:

Dear Sarah, you are 30 years old. Please learn sentence structure. Not that your regular readers will notice, but the rest of the English speaking world, even those who do not speak it as a first language, will. :doh:

(edited to add obligatory facepalm)

That's a Scots sentence structure "he was coming home from needing to..." which is interesting.

I wrote a proposal the other day which had the phrase "We are wanting to get this done as soon as possible" Only when I reread did I notice this is OK Scots but bad English.

What is the Maxwells' background?

What is the Maxwells' background?

Both sets of grandparents lived in the US so the kids are at least 2nd generation Americans. I think the problem is more likely to be lack of education, their reading material is restricted to whatever they use for school(censored Abeka, IIRC-the thought that they feel the need to censor Abeka boggles the mind) and severely restricted interaction with anyone outside of the nuclear family.

In another of the pictures you can see John has the ear piece in his ear. Like father, like son, I guess. Stevie needed it in when he was cutting wood for his fabulous wood bin and John needs it when he is in the kitchen cooking with his sister.

I don't use ear pieces. Can they be used like ear buds? To listen to music (not in the Maxwell case, of course; they're probably listening to the bible).

They threw pepperoni and cheese and sauce in some dough. Gourmet magazine material this is not.

Well, of course not. What did you expect? Steve had a whole Corner about how food that tastes good is a temptation to the sin of gluttony so he won't permit it in the house. They're only allowed to eat bland things.

They totally look like a married couple, and why isn;t John wearing a manly apron?

Is it just me or does anyone else think one stromboli roll isn't enough for all 8 of them. I get they had a salad,bread sticks and cookies for dessert, but the main meal can't be more than 1 piece of stromboli for growing boys? I have a super skinny 15 year old and he alone would need at least 2 or 3 pieces that size himself and be hungry in an hour for more.They totally restrict food.

They totally look like a married couple, and why isn;t John wearing a manly apron?

Is it just me or does anyone else think one stromboli roll isn't enough for all 8 of them. I get they had a salad,bread sticks and cookies for dessert, but the main meal can't be more than 1 piece of stromboli for growing boys? I have a super skinny 15 year old and he alone would need at least 2 or 3 pieces that size himself and be hungry in an hour for more.They totally restrict food.

No it's not just you. I said the same thing up thread. I'm sure we are just gluttons though.

censored Abeka, IIRC-the thought that they feel the need to censor Abeka boggles the mind

I censored my daughter's Abeka 1st grade math book, it has Jesus in it!!! :roll:

I think it's funny that the day that someone here says that the Maxwell's haven't blogged in a bit, they blog about cooking dinner! BTW, I like stromboli, too, but I make mine mnore filling (with lots of veggies), and that is for 3 kids and 2 adults.

No it's not just you. I said the same thing up thread. I'm sure we are just gluttons though.

Sorry, I thought I read all the posts thoroughly . My love for food must have made me miss that part. :)

Sorry, I thought I read all the posts thoroughly . My love for food must have made me miss that part. :)

Um, nothing to be sorry for. Unless we all need to issue blanket apologies for missing posts in moving targets (conversations). :lol:

Especially about the Maxwells when there is a variety of topics being discussed at one time because they make it so damn easy to just keep going!

Steve had a whole Corner about how food that tastes good is a temptation to the sin of gluttony so he won't permit it in the house. They're only allowed to eat bland things.

Please tell me you're not serious.

Why did God give us taste buds if we weren't to eat tasty food? I mean, come on! :doh:

Please tell me you're not serious.

Why did God give us taste buds if we weren't to eat tasty food? I mean, come on! :doh:

The Maxwells mean never having to say you're kidding. I'm 100% serious.

Archived