IGNORED

Dear LL, I still really really hate you...and think you suck

treemom

vitafamiliae.com/?p=4316

No LL God isn't just getting this. And yes Mira is a really, really tender stage. She may love babies, but as you adopted a children from a different country, with a different language, food and culture, well she deserved more than being your baby for the 9 months it took for you to shoot another one out.

She deserved you and your time. She deserved every single moment she could get not having a baby to usurp her. And the reason you have anxiety over this? Because you suck and you know it and you know that you should have tried to prevent pregnancy.

I dislike you more every time I read something you wrote. You make me a ball of rage because it is so unfair you have children and were able to adopt from Ethiopia and people like me don't qualify.

You suck.

(also Hi you crappy parent lurkers)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't been able to access her site - it says forbidden. I'm out of the country at the moment so I assume it has something to do with that, though I haven't had any problems with other sites. What's the scoop?

I haven't been able to access her site - it says forbidden. I'm out of the country at the moment so I assume it has something to do with that, though I haven't had any problems with other sites. What's the scoop?

Basically she had anxiety because Mira is at a tender time in the adoption, but God cleared that all up because Mira likes BABYEEZ!

God got it for her.

Guest Anonymous

Well, Mira has responsibilities now, dontcha know... if she plays up once the new baby is born it will be evidence of her dark sinful nature. :(

I hate LL too. Poor, lovely Mira. :cry:

Ugh, I try not to read there because I cannot separate my personal dislike of the mom and my burning jealousy over her beautiful adopted daughter.

Free Mira!

Does anyone know where she lives? One of the blogs she links to is someone I actually know.

Doesn't she live in AL?

Does anyone know where she lives? One of the blogs she links to is someone I actually know.

I believe Alabama, but the early blogging days she was in Virginia or Maryland. An "Northern" Southern State.

Ugh, on a tangent - it drives me bonkers when white-wonder-bread suburbanites gush over their baby names and explain what they mean. OMG!!11 THE BABEH IS NAMED FINNLEY AND WE ARE GONNA CALL IT FINN AND LOOK AT WHAT IT MEANS!

You don't speak Gaelic.

You're not from Ireland or Scotland.

You picked the name because you thought it sounded cute.

Don't try to "teach" people about what you found in Baby Names for Dummies.

Some of us actually come from Gaelic speaking families, and it's galling to see people with no connection to the culture co-opt aspects of it for its trendy-cuteness value.

She's one dimensional and stupid. Just because Mira likes babies in no way indicates how she will feel once there is one in her home, every day, taking her mother's already limited attention from her. It is no indication of how she will behave once she's shoved aside on a regular basis for the sake of the baby. Mira will react to the increased emotional distance of her mother more than the baby. She may put the pieces together and realize the baby is the one taking mom's attention, and react to the baby, but the baby will be a symptom, not a problem.

But, in the land of LL, God fixes everything and tells the kids how to behave to make mom feel better (and look good on her blog).

Ugh, on a tangent - it drives me bonkers when white-wonder-bread suburbanites gush over their baby names and explain what they mean. OMG!!11 THE BABEH IS NAMED FINNLEY AND WE ARE GONNA CALL IT FINN AND LOOK AT WHAT IT MEANS!

You don't speak Gaelic.

Some of us actually come from Gaelic speaking families, and it's galling to see people with no connection to the culture co-opt aspects of it for its trendy-cuteness value.

I can understand the frusteration, I like the sound of gaelic names but I am not sure I would use them unless I married someone with a bigger connection to the area (most names would go well with my last name since it is native to the area from many generatins back) then I have. To me ethnic (cultural, not sure the word I want) names need to connection to the area. I would be more likely to use a Eastern European name because of my connection on my mothers side and my grandma speaking Ukrainian to me and trying to tell me about her past and memories of the area growing up.

Guilty.

No Celtic blood. Sons named Eamon and Malcolm. We just liked the way the names sounded. We wanted something unusual but recognizable. It had to work for a ballet dancer or a Supreme Court justice (that is my personal rule with names for both genders).

Sorry. I've had a few people express dismay that we non-Celts are using Irish names.

I hate the co-opting of names as well. Lyndsie's friend, total whitebread middle class American family, just adopted a Korean baby boy, dumped his Korean name (although he's 18 months or thereabouts, so, plenty old enough for it to make a difference), and now he is "Liam." HATE! Isn't adoption confusing and stressful enough without changing the baby's name?

Plus, on the subject of LL, I hope she realizes (and doesn't care) that people are going to say, "Are you a huge Glee fan??" And then she is constantly going to have to spell it, he's going to get letters addressed to Finley, Finleigh, Fynnlee, or even Vinny, and, um, playground hell once the other kids realize Finn is not just Finn, it's short for FINNLEY.

Yes, I myself have been given a weird name, why do you ask?

Plus, on the subject of LL, I hope she realizes (and doesn't care) that people are going to say, "Are you a huge Glee fan??" And then she is constantly going to have to spell it, he's going to get letters addressed to Finley, Finleigh, Fynnlee, or even Vinny, and, um, playground hell once the other kids realize Finn is not just Finn, it's short for FINNLEY.

Yes, I myself have been given a weird name, why do you ask?

Ha, that was my first thought :D Could you pick anything more tryndee right now?

You don't speak Gaelic.

I'm always tempted to respond with "Well, if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to name her Rose. It's means 'fragrant flower' or 'pink'."

Lyndsie's friend, total whitebread middle class American family, just adopted a Korean baby boy, dumped his Korean name (although he's 18 months or thereabouts, so, plenty old enough for it to make a difference), and now he is "Liam." HATE! Isn't adoption confusing and stressful enough without changing the baby's name?

This. We have a close family member who is on her 2nd adoption from China. Both children had their names changed to very southern sounding names. One was 2 at the time of the adoption...the other was 3. Drives me up a wall.

On another note, my cousin married a Finn (his parents are OTB Irish) and they named their firstborn the same. Second, a friend of the family, who married a fellow full-blooded Irishman named their boy Finn. Their daughters all have very Gaelic names, as well - Aileen, Kiera, and Moira.

I heard that in Ireland they make fun of you if you are American and have a classic Irish name without speaking a lick of Old Irish. I actually have met people before with kiddos who have oh-so-cutesy Gaelic names that they pronounce incorrectly. I love when Siobhan is called "Sib-ON" or Faolan is "Fay-o-lin". Cracks me up. My fav is Cillian pronounced like a window sill. Anyways, I don't like the name Finn. It's too trendy. I also hear Aiden ALL the time and Liam too. But the worst is still Aiden, Hayden, Jayden, and Cayden. And taking a 'normal' name and turning it into something oh-so-cute like Aiydan just looks dumb.

Oh, maybe I should ask Sarah at hatesdesire to tip me off if in Ireland they really do dislike Americans bastardizing traditional Gaelic names?

I heard that in Ireland they make fun of you if you are American and have a classic Irish name without speaking a lick of Old Irish. I actually have met people before with kiddos who have oh-so-cutesy Gaelic names that they pronounce incorrectly. I love when Siobhan is called "Sib-ON" or Faolan is "Fay-o-lin". Cracks me up. My fav is Cillian pronounced like a window sill. Anyways, I don't like the name Finn. It's too trendy. I also hear Aiden ALL the time and Liam too. But the worst is still Aiden, Hayden, Jayden, and Cayden. And taking a 'normal' name and turning it into something oh-so-cute like Aiydan just looks dumb.

Oh, maybe I should ask Sarah at hatesdesire to tip me off if in Ireland they really do dislike Americans bastardizing traditional Gaelic names?

I got challenged on my name in Ireland by a bunch of teasing relatives "shouldn't your name be Jane or Suzzzzie?"- the ability to count and pray in Irish was enough to shut everyone up. Low expectations for the win!

Liam is just a short form of William, isn't it? And isn't William considered a name any (American) person can have without it having a cultural connotation?

I think it can be ridiculous, but I tend to not care too. Look at all the french names people mispronounce everywhere :P (and not to say a thing about American names that are trendy in France. and all the Brendon and Brenda after 90210 :P).

I think I'm more concerned when minorities take on American/English names rather than use the local culture's wealth of names. But even then it's more about cultural dynamics than personal choice.

Liam is just a short form of William, isn't it? And isn't William considered a name any (American) person can have without it having a cultural connotation?

I think the litmus test here is - if you're picking it because it's GAELIC and that's so SPECIAL and you're looking up the pronounciation and meaning online before giving your precious pumpkin their exotic name, then yeah, it's got cultural connotations.

Archived