IGNORED

Kendal's list of "bad words" (no one say PEE! Or BUTT!!!11!

Koala

Why oh why do I let that dizzy little twit bother me???????? :doh:

thefatherknowsbest.com/

I hear words such as "butt, pee, stupid, shut up..."! When were these words acceptable to say?? To hear a little girl say the word butt sends shivers down my spine. eeek! I cringe as though nails are going down a chalk board!

Stupid and shut up? Okay fine. But pee and butt? Really? Sorry Kendal. The world isn't all rainbows and butterflies. :roll:

And when referring to the bathroom we never, and I mean never said the word "pee". {Oh I struggle to even type that word!} Our backside was always referred to as our bottom. Why oh why do we let our children say "butt". Come on, we can certainly teach our children better words.

Umm Why? Why is any other word better than "pee". If they both describe the exact same thing, then why does it matter which word you use??? Same w/ "butt"? How is "bottom" somehow better? It's just a different set of letters. Please explain this to me.

Uggghhhh, I should stop reading her blog.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then what does she call the butt of a cigarette?

or the butt of a joke?

As for pee, maybe she should just use 'urinate'. if she doesn't already. Exact same process.

You urinate out of your urethra and you defecate from your anus. Simple as that Kendal.

You urinate out of your urethra and you defecate from your anus. Simple as that Kendal.

I have no problem with those words, but I assure you that if I were about 5, my parents would actually prefer me saying pee, poop, private part, and butt, never mind the fact that my reading comprehension and vocabulary was usually at least two grades ahead. That's just how they were. Neither one is better, but it sounds like Kendal has a problem with a child even asking to go to the bathroom. O_o Everybody poops, dear!

I make my kids say "micturate" or "void". But that's just because I think it's funny. My niece told me she was wiping her "pink bajiner!" I told her it was her vulva actually.

Go read the comments to that post! Someone tells her that she actually needs to train her daughters to be assertive in case they are alone with boys when they are older, and that most girls find it easy to be polite and pleasing but less easy to stand up for themselves, and Kendal says that her girls will never ever be alone with a boy and thinking women need to be assertive is an ungodly perspective.

I make my kids say "micturate" or "void". But that's just because I think it's funny. My niece told me she was wiping her "pink bajiner!" I told her it was her vulva actually.

Lol. One day, your kids will thank you for not being a prude. :)

Why oh why do I let that dizzy little twit bother me???????? :doh:

thefatherknowsbest.com/

Stupid and shut up? Okay fine. But pee and butt? Really? Sorry Kendal. The world isn't all rainbows and butterflies. :roll:

Umm Why? Why is any other word better than "pee". If they both describe the exact same thing, then why does it matter which word you use??? Same w/ "butt"? How is "bottom" somehow better? It's just a different set of letters. Please explain this to me.

Uggghhhh, I should stop reading her blog.

I totally agree. Ass and piss are much more acceptable.

Lol. One day, your kids will thank you for not being a prude. :)

I'm an ER nurse. Prude is kind of impossible when you look at crotches all day.

Case in point.

Patient comes in for "hives." I go in to assess the situation. He says, "It's so strange, they're only on my penis." I say, "Oh, did you use a different kind of condom?" "Condoms? I don't use those!" "Ah, I think we have found the problem. Congratulations. You have herpes."

I read the comments and I have a real problem with the talk of "training" girls.

Okay. I guess I should have said "model and encourage self-respecting and assertive behavior" in girls? I think the commenter's point, even if she used the word "training," is the good one that many girls are pretty easily inculturated into pleasing others, even to their own detriment, and that Kendal's methods, like those of many fundies we discuss, actually squelch the appropriate development of a woman's gut instinct and her ability to stand up for herself. This needs to be actively taught to a lot of girls because the weight of cultural expectations goes against it.

I read it quickly and perhaps I am giving it too generous a reading. I didn't like her initial insinuation that girls need assertiveness primarily to defend their virtue against boys. And I'm still not sure what any of it has to do with not saying "pee."

What is dirty about 'pee'? I've never heard anyone get up in arms about 'pee' before. What else is a small child supposed to say? "Mother, I feel the urge to urinate?' 'Father, the dog just made yellow water on the rug'? How absurd.

Natural bodily functions should not be treated like they are horrible things. What the hell is wrong or inappropriate about the word pee?

If she dislike the sound of that word so much, does she object to the homophone pea? Because really, it's such a silly thing to get worked up about. It's a common one-syllable sound commonly used in even generally polite company to mean urination. Get the hell over it, Kendal.

Natural bodily functions should not be treated like they are horrible things. What the hell is wrong or inappropriate about the word pee?

If she dislike the sound of that word so much, does she object to the homophone pea? Because really, it's such a silly thing to get worked up about. It's a common one-syllable sound commonly used in even generally polite company to mean urination. Get the hell over it, Kendal.

I also wonder why she thinks pee inappropriate. I could see her being mad because of the word "piss", but pee is harmless.

We always said wee-wee when we were kids and when I heard other kids say pee I thought it was a bad word. Oh, and we said poopies too. My mom is 60 and she still says poopies. Maybe wee-wee and poopies are Kendall's preferred words?

Well, she certainly seems to take it over the top, but when I was growing up a lot of my classmates were taught not to say "butt" because it was "rude." They were supposed to say "bum" or "bottom" instead, so I don't think that's totally outside the realm of normal for little kids. I don't know that we were ever specifically taught not to say "pee" but most of the time, no one did. We all just said, "I have to go to the bathroom" and didn't get any more specific than that.

In my childhood, there was circulated a joke, I'll try to translate it...

So, a young teacher takes over a class, and is astounded when a student raises a hand ans asks her "Can I go and piss?".

She allows him, naturally, but teaches her pupils to ask "Can I go to pick flowers?" in the future.

All goes well until the young teacher is inspected. A boy asks to go to pick flowers, and she is elated, but he returns within a few moments and shouts: "Miss, I also need to s*h** and have no paper!"

I wish Kendal that kid! :twisted:

Shut up you stupid pee-butts!

(No ill intent, just because I could I love you all [well most of you, will no name names though])

I wasn't allowed to say any of those words growing up. My dad didn't care, but my mom is pretty uptight about that sort of thing. She's gotten over her objection to the word "pee", which actually kind of irritates me because I still can't bring myself to say it due to the fuss she made about how vulgar it was. I can say "fuck" (as long as it's not in front of my parents), but not "pee."

My mom still hates the word "butt", and recently was complaining about how crude a certain woman was because she said "butt" a lot. Shocking stuff.

I heard my sister use the word "tee tee" in the last year and I don't think she was talking about her grandson peeing either. On the other hand, my mom once said that she had the shittin'est cats she'd ever seen. Pee might have been considered somewhat vulgar 60 years ago, but that changed oh, about 50 years ago.

Lactation consultants and midwives frequently tell new moms to watch the baby's pees and poops to see if the baby is getting enough to eat and yes, they use those words.

I am reminded of George Carlin's classic "The Seven Words You Can't Say on Television" which was originally on his album "Class Clown" which came out in the early 70s. Pee and butt are not on the list. I won't embed the video as it's NSFW, but here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgZZ82tp5es&feature=related

God, Kendal would hate me and my mom. There is literally no off-limit topic, and our language tends to be somewhat...colorful? Salty? FILTHY? Or maybe my mother and I are mature enough to realize that everyone has to take a whiz once in a while and takes craps from the butt.

The fact that she has so much shame surrounding words for body parts and their functions worries me a lot. A dislike of swearing I can understand, even if I use the word fuck on a daily basis. But a son or daughter who is scared to use these words will be scared to tell an adult if they are molested or are having health problems, or won't know the words to use even if they want to tell. I mean, "my down-there hurts" is none too specific, right? Very troubling.

Guest Anonymous

I have to confess to being a bit of a prude myself, but I recognise that that is MY preference and I don't impose it on others. :P

The comments section is very interesting. Is the commenter one of us?

I am assuming Daniel is Kendal's husband - is that right? Bless their hearts, they are in for interesting times when their children become teenagers.

Archived