IGNORED

Kendal's list of "bad words" (no one say PEE! Or BUTT!!!11!

Koala

And this is another reason those kids won't be able to talk something over with their doctor. How can you expect to accurately describe your symptoms if you have your words limited?

On a side note: If Kendal and her crew are Tea-baggers, they're shunning some very colonial phrases. While making a pilcher & soaker (Colonial diaper set) for a historical demo, I followed a set of directions from the 1750s. They said to check the soaker often for "the dung & the piss".

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, I hate the word "pee" and when someone (an adult) says "I need to go pee" It drives me NUTS. I think only because when I was little thats what we said. I was taught that as an adult you say "I need to use the restroom". I guess its just a personal thing, but the word "pee" is so childish to me. Other than that, Kendall is, as usual, crazy

Patient comes in for "hives." I go in to assess the situation. He says, "It's so strange, they're only on my penis." I say, "Oh, did you use a different kind of condom?" "Condoms? I don't use those!" "Ah, I think we have found the problem. Congratulations. You have herpes."

I'm a little ashamed of myself for this, but this exchange made me laugh out loud.... :oops:

I don't know, I guess I fall into the prude category, because my kids aren't allowed to say "butt." Or "fart," either. :oops: I just think those words sound so crude coming from children. Even I don't have a problem with "pee" though. I can't imagine what else you would say for that, does she really expect little kids to say "urinate?"

Personally, I hate the word "pee" and when someone (an adult) says "I need to go pee" It drives me NUTS. I think only because when I was little thats what we said. I was taught that as an adult you say "I need to use the restroom". I guess its just a personal thing, but the word "pee" is so childish to me. Other than that, Kendall is, as usual, crazy

In public I generally say "I need to go the bathroom." But around my family and sometimes around my closest friends I will often say "I need to pee." Although, I guess I never, ever say, "I need to poop." But whatever. Considering how Kendal mentions how she is horrified that delicate little girls (i.e. children i.e. allowed to be "childish") say "pee" I think that her issue is different than yours.

I could never understand the prejudice against the word "butt" to describe that part of the body. Does she object to "buttocks" as well?

My mother at least never had a ranty blog, but 'butt', 'shoot' (as in, 'oh shoot' as my mother used it), 'shut up', and 'suck' were unofficially verboten in my house too.

I like this response from Kendall in the comments:

I

was not trained in the way that my girls are being trained. I could date and my parents 'trusted' me alone with boys. I in fact was very unhappy and VERY sneaky. Not secure in myself at all.

Sounds like somebody was giving away pieces of ass her heart! :o

Well, she certainly seems to take it over the top, but when I was growing up a lot of my classmates were taught not to say "butt" because it was "rude." They were supposed to say "bum" or "bottom" instead, so I don't think that's totally outside the realm of normal for little kids. I don't know that we were ever specifically taught not to say "pee" but most of the time, no one did. We all just said, "I have to go to the bathroom" and didn't get any more specific than that.

My husband hates the word butt for some reason, so we taught the kids to call that region their buttocks, pronounced bu-TOCKS Forrest Gump style. But that is just because we are weird. It's not like they get in trouble or anything.

but...but.. but....

small children

wee and poop

pee and poo

its just about all they do

it might be just mine,

it saves them some time

its easier while they are two

to say do a poo in the loo

or perhaps a small pee,

a wee wee too

though it doesnt work well in france, oui, oui?

they are only small, with enough to do

learning to use the pot or the loo

though by the time they are eight

I will have taught the words micturate, defecate

and possibly defenestrate

and explained appropriate social usage

l

Kendall would hate to come to my house. Bathroom humor is in full swing 24/7. I can't get the kids to stop. My four year old just learned how to spell the word poop and now she writes it on EVERY drawing in the house. A beautiful picture of a princess with poop written in the top right hand corner. Le Sigh. This too shall pass, and I can't help but feel a little proud that she's already writing words. LOL.

Although I'm quite a prude when it comes to the "private parts". I wish I wasn't but I am.

Kendall would hate to come to my house. Bathroom humor is in full swing 24/7. I can't get the kids to stop. My four year old just learned how to spell the word poop and now she writes it on EVERY drawing in the house. A beautiful picture of a princess with poop written in the top right hand corner. Le Sigh. This too shall pass, and I can't help but feel a little proud that she's already writing words. LOL.

Although I'm quite a prude when it comes to the "private parts". I wish I wasn't but I am.

When I was four, the first word I learned to spell was "ass," courtesy of my eight year old brother. And I knew a lot of fart songs and jokes at that age. It's just a phase, and honestly, it's really not that bad, all things considering. Occasionally embarrassing, yes, especially in public, but if a kid makes a poopy joke or announces that they have a fart, most people understand that five year olds are just like that, and its certainly not the end of the world, and only judgmental assholes like Kendal would get their knickers in a twist over it.

Guest Anonymous

The thing is, in 'normal' families it is not uncommon for adults to have preferences and consider certain words to be taboo, but most of us get that it is 'our' issue and don't get hung up about it when other people,especially kids, use the words we think of as crude. I don't have kids, but I have a niece and nephew who took so much joy in telling me about their every 'pooh' and 'wee' just because they knew I didn't want to talk about it. :lol:

Well historically actually in the 19th century "piss" was considered the polite word. Funny how things change.

All too common. There were a heck of a lot of words we were not allowed to say. "sucks, sweet, kiss up, butt, shut up, ..." I didn't even know all the proper terms of anatomy until I was... well engaged - unfortunately. Any sort of "innuendo" was totally and completely without question "bad" - which is funny because we didn't have those associations and the reason was never explained just that it was a vulgar sex thing or something vague. (Oral sex was mentioned as a horrible thing that no decent Christian couple would even consider as it was a homosexual "act" I guess).

Once while reading Elsie Dinsmore at about 16 there was a reference to an "ejaculatory prayer" being a good homeschooler I looked it up in our facsimile Websters 1828 dictionary and thus began to try to use it in my vocabulary. The definition was something like a short and fervent utterance so a short and fervent prayer. I used the word in a sentence in front of my mom who looked like she'd seen a ghost, she didn't explain it to me told me to NEVER EVER say that word in her house again (and I got the impression it had to do with some vile form of sex from her reaction, and something muttered that it had something to do with sex). That words change meaning and that word was now a vulgar and bad word. I was at least 16 at the time so.... not too young to be explaining the birds and the bees to but treated as a young child.

I had NO CLUE what an ejaculation was. No clue it was a normal part of a man's life a normal physical bodily action. And I was super embarrassed, I thought I had said a really crass word. Gosh was I in for a surprise when I started exploring and reading stuff while I was engaged. (Thank God for the woman who gave me a book on sex before I got married guessing my folks were not going to be much help in that department - and since the pastor who did pre-marriage counseling never even talked about it once with us).

When I was little I wasn't allowed to say pee or butt either, now that I think about it. I had to say urinate and bottom. The stupidest thing, though, was that we weren't allowed to say poop (we had to say poopers instead) or fart (and this is so dumb, but we had to call it making fluffies). We would get sent to our rooms if we didn't. It was the most asinine rule ever. My mom found poop and fart vulgar, and punished us if we didn't use baby talk instead.

As an adult I say butt, but honestly, butts hardly come up in conversation. Are there people who talk about butts really often? The other day my husband and I were watching Sons of Anarchy and when a character got out of the shower I did say, "Oh! Look! A butt!" because...well, there was a butt on the screen.

I can't think of a circumstance where I'd say pee or poop. I say, "I need to use the restroom," if it comes up, though in most cases a plain old, "Excuse me," works just fine. The whole room doesn't need to know where you're going and what you'll do there. When people announce to the group, "I have to pee," I'm kind of like, "Thanks for sharing."

I think kids getting in trouble for saying words like pee, poop, fart, and butt is pretty uptight. Would she rather they say piss, shit, and ass?

OT, but Annon, your story reminded me of one of my favorite in-class moments ever.

In ninth grade English class one day, we were assigned to read, I think, a Sherlock Holms story. A bunch of kids got sent out into the hall to read while the rest of us stayed in the classroom. Well, there was a line in the story about how somebody "ejaculated," meaning they blurted something out. I knew that that was one possible meaning of the word, so I just read right over it with hardly a second thought. Then a minute later one of the girls out in the hall came running in and yelled, "Did you guys get to the part where they were jacking off?" Makes me lol to this day.

lol O Latin.

Yeah my KJV and homeschool reading material experience did help a lot in understanding classic literature. Not so much help with modern conversation though.

LOL!

I was also homeschooled - when I was 10ish, we were learning anatomy. My dad taught our science lessons, and I came across the word "diaphragm" as I was reading our lesson aloud. Rather than pronounce the word properly (which I knew how to do), I said "die-a-fra-gem" becuase I knew that a diaphragm was a birth control device, and I was terrified that I'd get in trouble for knowing a word like that. So I mispronounced it on purpose, and my dad still teases me about it. I still haven't told him why I did that...maybe I should one of these days :lol:

I make my kids say "micturate" or "void". But that's just because I think it's funny. My niece told me she was wiping her "pink bajiner!" I told her it was her vulva actually.

This made me laugh out loud in the coffee shop!

I remember so vividly the time a boy my age, who lived down the street, was with me and my mother and his mother somewhere (we were about 7). His name was Cecil. I remember him rushing up to his mother and whispering loudly "I have to go TEE-TEE!!!!"

And I have been creeped out by the word every since. Since I was SEVEN. I was totally disgusted at how CHILDISH he was. lol.

My mother did not allow us to use any words except "go to the bathroom". I, on the other hand, allow all words in my house as long as they're not aimed at anyone. The issue comes with teaching the kids when it's okay to use what words, and when it's not. "Keep the bathroom words in the bathroom, please!" was my usual reminder. (And I have to remind myself not to say 'fuck' around the grandchildren.)

Hahaha! O Latin, best story ever.

I honestly am confused by what little kids would say if not "pee". Although "micturate" was lulzy ;)

Inappropriate classroom stories. I had a classmate when I was in school who had to read out of a biology book. The teacher used to make us read out stuff in turns and we discussed it after (this may be why my biology knowledge is so pitiful today. ) Anyway, he started off "Every living thing on earth is called an orgasm..."

We fell about laughing but the poor bastard couldn't stop. He got a complete mental block on the word "organism". So we got gems like "You yourself are an orgasm. There are complex and simple orgasms, but you will be able to recognise these as we continue through the chapter."

The teacher kept trying to correct him, but he panicked. It was only when he burst into tears she said "Sit down, I'll read the rest." :)

I had a friend who wouldn't say "thigh" or "breast" in reference to chicken. It was "dark meat" or "light meat." Using the appropriate names was to sensual at the dinner table. :roll:

We really need to be freeing Kendal's daughters. "Pee" and "butt" are okay here, but we prefer "stink" to "fart." We also discourage "hate" and "stupid."

I hate that stupid Kendal.

Archived