IGNORED

Kendal's list of "bad words" (no one say PEE! Or BUTT!!!11!

Koala

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was taught that as an adult you say "I need to use the restroom"

Personally I'm inclined to use "I have to piss like a racehorse". I blame my four brothers.

Her girls will never be alone with boys? It's ungodly to even think so?

What is this chick smoking? I know she thinks those kids are tied to her by an actual string and all and love her so much they never, ever want to leave. But, what happens when they're, say, 18 and newly married and the husband isn't around to take them to the store...they go to the grocery store themselves, since that is their duty, and there are *gasp* men there? Or the bank, or gas station, or pharmacy, or, or, or, or...

What a whackjob. She's going to ruin those kids in ways most could never even comprehend.

Kendal, kiss my ass you piss brained butt head.

I'm de-lurking just for this thread, if you can't tell from my nom de plume.

My grandmother grew up in a fairly well-to-do Southern home and was a huge prude. Of course, one couldn't say such filth as 'fart' or 'butt' or deity-forbid the word 'suck,' as in: 'Grandmother, this dustbuster won't suck up crumbs anymore!'

Anywhoo, she was in her late eighties when she was diagnosed with colo-rectal cancer that spread to her vagina and bladder. We were at one of her many doctors, going through the questions, when he asked 'Do you still pee okay?' She then hauled off and smacked him right in the face. Me: :shock: She apologized (she was on a metric buttload of painkillers and stress) and the doctor was very kind, finished her exam, and sent her on her way. I'm betting next time he said urinate, though.

I work in a nursing home, and I hear a combination of proper southern ladylike terms and stuff that would make a sailor blush, depending on which residents I am working with and if they took their meds that day.

So, I am helping one lovely matriarchal lady (Seriously, she is wonderful and motherly and my heart will break when she is no longer with us) to bed one evening and I used the word "butt". She scolded me for saying a naughty word and I apologized and never used it with her again.

Then... we had a Hawaian themed party. Our male activities director was running around in a grass skirt and a coconut bra. She laughed at him and said "Oh, you look so funny with those titties !".

Titties ?? Seriously ? I said Miss So and so, that is a bad word and you scolded me for "butt" ! We had a good laugh over it.

We couldn't say "butt", "fart", or "shut up" when I was little either. "Pee" wasn't expressly forbidden, but my mom just taught us to say "excuse me" or "go to the bathroom" most of the time anyway. I do find it childish when adults say that they have to go pee, but I don't really care much.

I just want to tell adults with weird word hangups to grow the fuck up. LOL.

I do remember finally being allowed to say the word "crap" when I was a teenager. Eventually my dad told me that my language had become crass and unladylike. :eyeroll:

Seems like banning the word "ladylike" would be a hell of a lot more constructive.

Well, I would find it odd to say "I have to go pee" to a roomful of strangers or work colleagues or something. But to your family at home? Pee is pretty innocuous. Part of TRAINING YOUR KIDS TO BE GROWNUPS is tteaching them to distinguish between family (ok to say slangy words, talk about Uncle Ned's drinking problem, wear your sweatpants with the holes in them) and non-family (all of the above not ok).

OK, got to get my butt home now. Where I'm sure I will need to piss like a racehorse.

Only mildly related, but amusing to me... I got my (crude) boyfriend to say "poop-poop" recently. I was going on about my friend's puppy and housebreaking. I'd been house-sitting the puppy and reporting back on his doing his "poop-poop" outside. I guess my bf was of the view that the puppy should be fully house-broken by then and he wound up saying he should be doing all his "poop-poops" outside. It was funny to hear that childish expression from him, who would normally say "crap" at his least vulgar.

I taught my kids to use words like potty, piddle, pee-pee-potties or urinate. They learned that we popp or poopy-potty or have a bowel movement. Girls have a vagina and boys have a penis and that girls have 3 holes and boys only have 2. Now days they may not use those words but that is what they were taught and they all know that when speaking of body parts they had better use vagina, penis, gonads and butt/buttocks than slang if they want to keep their lips attached to their face around me.

The reason why we taught our children this was when I was pregnant with my first I was visiting a neighbor that had a toddler. Her little toddler must have gone to use the bathroom while we were talking because the little girl came in crying saying that her turtlesnapper burned when she rinsed her dishes. WTF? I asked what her daughter meant and the mother said that when her daughter pee'd it burned her privates. I asked what did she call a boy's private parts. A turtle of course. So a boy has a turtle and a girl a turtlesnapper and to pee you rinse the dishes. :? How in the hell is anyone else to know that? If that little girl asked her teacher to go rinse the dishes during class would be told no and if she had to tell the school nurse that her turtlesnapper hurt... who knows what then. So my kids used words that no one with an IQ over 70 would misunderstand. I'd rather be rude and gross that cute and put my kids in danger of not getting the message across.

When I was little I wasn't allowed to say pee or butt either, now that I think about it. I had to say urinate and bottom. The stupidest thing, though, was that we weren't allowed to say poop (we had to say poopers instead) or fart (and this is so dumb, but we had to call it making fluffies). We would get sent to our rooms if we didn't. It was the most asinine rule ever. My mom found poop and fart vulgar, and punished us if we didn't use baby talk instead.

making fluffies :lol:

I have a friend who was beat up and bullied in the first grade because his mother taught him to say "windy puff" instead of "fart". He is resentful to this day.

I work in a nursing home, and I hear a combination of proper southern ladylike terms and stuff that would make a sailor blush, depending on which residents I am working with and if they took their meds that day.

So, I am helping one lovely matriarchal lady (Seriously, she is wonderful and motherly and my heart will break when she is no longer with us) to bed one evening and I used the word "butt". She scolded me for saying a naughty word and I apologized and never used it with her again.

Then... we had a Hawaian themed party. Our male activities director was running around in a grass skirt and a coconut bra. She laughed at him and said "Oh, you look so funny with those titties !".

Titties ?? Seriously ? I said Miss So and so, that is a bad word and you scolded me for "butt" ! We had a good laugh over it.

I've noticed this with my own (bat-shit insane) grandma. A lot of innocuous words are off limits, but words like titties and puss/pussy are commonplace.

"Seems like banning the word "ladylike" would be a hell of a lot more constructive."

SO MUCH THIS! That word was a weapon used to beat me around the head and neck my whole childhood.

Personally I'm inclined to use "I have to piss like a racehorse". I blame my four brothers.

Ha! Nice to know I'm not the only one who says that (not in polite company usually though). But at work, with my teammates? Heck, we have poop jokes, the more verbose the innuendo and language play the better, and either "I'm going to the bathroom, be right back" OR "wait, lemme go pee, I'll be right back" work just fine.

"I need to go to the bathroom" works fine as a euphemism for using the "little [insert noun here] room" (I also like to say "I need to use the euphemism") but if you're talking about the actual act, who wouldn't say "pee"? In a clinical way?

The thing is, in 'normal' families it is not uncommon for adults to have preferences and consider certain words to be taboo, but most of us get that it is 'our' issue and don't get hung up about it when other people,especially kids, use the words we think of as crude.

That. My mum wouldn't let us say a few strange words when we were kids, but she didn't start a gasping, flailing, fainting fit every time she heard someone else say it. I mean, "To hear a little girl say the word butt sends shivers down my spine. eeek! I cringe as though nails are going down a chalk board!" Calm down, love!

Are you guys reading the comments?????

Look at this:

Kendal:

No, my girls in fact wont be going to college. {gasp} You can do a little digging around on my blog to see why.

Pride in their abilities? I'm not sure that's such a good idea. What happens later in life when those abilities aren't so sharp? Mid life crisis maybe?

And she just keeps going after that. I know we've talked about it before, but as a mom, it just breaks my heart to see what she is doing that to those little girls. I have a daughter and she is so full of life. She knows she can do anything, and she talks about college and what she's going to do when she grows up all the time...

It would NEVER occur to me that my child's future plans were my choice. WHY does Kendal think that her children's lives belong to her?????? Where the hell does she get off???

This is just sooooo very wrong.

What else are they suppose to say?

I get that people have different preferences and some people get annoyed when they hear kids say "pee" or "butt"....but come on, you have to write a seething post ranting about how crude it is for a toddler to say "pee"? Weird.

Are you guys reading the comments?????

Look at this:

Kendal:

And she just keeps going after that. I know we've talked about it before, but as a mom, it just breaks my heart to see what she is doing that to those little girls. I have a daughter and she is so full of life. She knows she can do anything, and she talks about college and what she's going to do when she grows up all the time...

It would NEVER occur to me that my child's future plans were my choice. WHY does Kendal think that her children's lives belong to her?????? Where the hell does she get off???

This is just sooooo very wrong.

Its heartbreaking to me that these women of the patriarchy are using the masters tools to ensure their daughters are less than and outliers. To limit a child, their self esteem, their spirit and essence is the equivalent of murder to me.

Its heartbreaking to me that these women of the patriarchy are using the masters tools to ensure their daughters are less than and outliers. To limit a child, their self esteem, their spirit and essence is the equivalent of murder to me.

She is purposefully denying them skills so that they'll have no choice but to do just as she says. That's the definition of "evil" to me. She is brainwashing them pure and simple. She feels free to decide their futures because she honestly see them as property. Heaven help those poor babies...

Yeah, there's a difference between teaching your kids to be discreet IN PUBLIC vs. not using reasonable terms for bodily functions at all. You do more than one thing in a restroom, and sometimes mothers need to be more specific when talking to kids. "It hurts when I go to the restroom" isn't a useful sentence without more info.

She would love my crazy grandmother, who would often come up with lines like, "those stupid idiot ladies are feeding the fucking pigeons, who keep shitting on my balcony." NOT swearing was my mom's form of rebellion.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread in honor of Kendal's recent visit. And because it is good. (Despite AD having posted...)

The only words my mom really hated me saying growing up was "shut up" and I remember around kids my age "shut up" was like a swear to us.

But butt and pee? Wow.......

I prefer bum to butt, but I'm not sure why. It strikes me as more humorous somehow. Ass is a perfectly good word if I'm looking for a rude word for said body part.

But I can't think of a more polite word for "pee" that doesn't make me want to puke. I mean, I probably wouldn't tell my grandma I have to pee, but announcements of "I gotta pee, I'll be right back," are pretty common in my office.

I'm getting really tired of this new "stupid is a bad word" thing. If something is stupid I'm just going to say so. I agree with not calling other kids stupid but I also agree with not calling other kids "booger eating poop-faced crud munchers" so, there's that. If I want to say a video game is "stupid" I should be able to say so. It's not hurting anyone's feelings, except maybe all the people who worked very hard to make the stupid thing.

At work we say "code yellow" or "code brown" but we do it to BE crude. LOL. I had a "code green" today, you know because I needed to go blow my nose.

We say "butt" in my house because it's short for buttocks. We also say "tummy" which is short for stomach. I don't find either of them crude or rude.

Damn, I'm sitting here thinking about admonishing my almost 12 yr old daughter today for saying "Jesus Christ!" - Kendull would've fainted.

:lol:

Archived