IGNORED

Curious in what capacity NieNie is involved with Mitt

Beeks

She's a pretty big blogger now. She "campaigned" for him before but that was before her blog was big. I wonder if she's officially involved with his campaign or just plugging him.

Yeah, I wondered the same thing. It seems as if it's an official relationship, seeing as how she has so much acesss to him. A regular volunteer wouldn't! :?

I had to quit reading her about a month ago; every entry felt like an advertisement for someone's services.

I had to quit reading her about a month ago; every entry felt like an advertisement for someone's services.

I feel the same way and it bums me out because I used to love her blog. I still skim, though.

I was also really irritated and put off by the thing she did at Christmas where she offered to review products that people had made themselves and sent to her, then a week or so later she posted that she wouldn't have time to review everything and ALSO wouldn't be returning the things she hadn't reviewed. It felt really sketchy and unethical and it was at about that time I started to give her the side-eye. She got all that stuff for free and didn't fulfill her end of the bargain. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

I was also really irritated and put off by the thing she did at Christmas where she offered to review products that people had made themselves and sent to her, then a week or so later she posted that she wouldn't have time to review everything and ALSO wouldn't be returning the things she hadn't reviewed. It felt really sketchy and unethical and it was at about that time I started to give her the side-eye. She got all that stuff for free and didn't fulfill her end of the bargain. Nasty, nasty, nasty.

:text-+1:

Agreed. It was so random too; her fans don't need her to pull these stunts. If she'd just write about her life and kids, and keep her creeptastic politics out of it, I'd still be a fan.

I can understand that she is unhappy..... BUT I quit reading a while ago because it is just obvious to me that she is just miserable.

The ads and plugs and sense of entitlement oh my...

I was also totally disgusted by her Christmas scam. Really, it was a scam. Send me your lovely handmade things to review and I will give them to my friends and family as Christmas gifts so I don't have actually BUY anything. Oh yeah, I'm getting so much swag that I won't be able to review everything, so I'll only review the stuff I like the best. But I'll keep everything because I am Mormon and almost died in a plane crash.

While we're on the subject, can anyone sum up the law suit she and her husband brought against the town they crashed in?

While we're on the subject, can anyone sum up the law suit she and her husband brought against the town they crashed in?

I can't, but here's from the Arizona Republic in 2009, in a nutshell:

Stephanie and Christian have also filed a lawsuit against the city of St. Johns, Navopache Electric Cooperative and Stantec Consulting Inc., a firm that helped design and certify the area surrounding the St. Johns airport. The suit alleges that a power pole and other obstructions in the area surrounding the airport were prohibited by Federal Aviation Regulations and forced pilot Doug Kinneard to take evasive maneuvers that caused the airplane to lose power and crash.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 20609.html

More recently, the Arizona state court of appeals ruled that transfer of venue of the lawsuit from Maricopa to Apache county was improper.

http://caselaw.findlaw.com/az-court-of- ... 38842.html

The case is currently grinding its way through the Maricopa court system:

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/d ... Search.asp

Plug in CV2009-025997 in the case number field.

The last activity was on June 21.

My friend sent me the NieNie blog right after the crash, and I'd be lying if I didn't say it just tore me up. I mean, she was a beautiful woman before this - and to go through so much pain and surgery and upheaval - awful. Then I stopped reading because it was a little...fey? I mean, I felt like she was talking like she was a fairy tale princess mauled by an ogre. I checked in recently, and yeah. She is miserable. But she's boxed herself in to be a Big Brave Girl, and now she can't really not be that, right?

The whole product review thing is puzzling. I guess if I sent something to a review site of any kind, I would not expect it back OR a review necessarily. There would be HUNDREDS of things. I would wager she hadn't thought it through, and then she had no idea how to ship everything back - that's insanely time-consuming.

Mitt Romney - UGH.

The whole product review thing is puzzling. I guess if I sent something to a review site of any kind, I would not expect it back OR a review necessarily. There would be HUNDREDS of things. I would wager she hadn't thought it through, and then she had no idea how to ship everything back - that's insanely time-consuming.

I think the issue with NieNie is that she said she would review products that were sent to her, so it's not like people were just blindly sending things in the hopes that she would review them. She specifically said she would and then went back on that promise. I remember her posting a picture of all the things she had gotten and they literally took over her entire living room.

I had to stop reading her and cjane's blog as well recently, both of their contents are not interesting anymore.

I get that NieNie has been through a lot but the blog doesn't have the spark anymore, its ADVERTISEMENT, LDS teaching, picture of kids doing something, Glen Beck, Advertisement, Mitt, LDS Teaching.

Cjane's posts sound more and more like Pioneer Womens, you know the in they way that there's no content just a 500word essay on a 15second moment in her laundry room that doesn't really say anything after all the fluff.

This is kind of off topic, but it does involve Mitt Romney and Mormons.

I don't go to church anymore, but...someone I know who still goes to church told me that s/he had heard in church Sunday that the church is pretty alarmed that even though there are now two Mormon candidates for president (Romney and Huntsman), there's a hard core of 20-25 percent of the American electorate who will not vote for a Mormon. And it's not those pro-gay rights alleged Mormon haters either--it's the religious right who think Mormons are cultists, which is why Romney's skipping the Iowa caucuses.

The church is now going about in a very half-assed way (I can't say exactly how because I don't want to out my source) to try and rectify the problem. I told the person who told me this that the church has had this problem for decades and it's only become worse...and they're just now finding out that they have an issue? *rolls eyes*

Mirele - this is absolutely what I've seen & read online. It's the right wing, fundie Christians who simultaneously have the most in common with the Mormons and hate them the most. In general, nearly all of the Christian fundies don't think Mormons are Christians.

This was the cause of at least one blog war several years ago, when a Mormon blogger was voted as best humor blog in a Christian blog contest (Carnival of Beauty, IIRC), and another blogger (fundie Christian) made a huge fuss about how Mormons weren't Christian and shouldn't be included in said contest.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the issue with NieNie is that she said she would review products that were sent to her, so it's not like people were just blindly sending things in the hopes that she would review them. She specifically said she would and then went back on that promise. I remember her posting a picture of all the things she had gotten and they literally took over her entire living room.

I was one of the ones that sent NieNie something to review. I had also sent her an email previously asking her if she would return items not reviewed and did not get a response, so it' my own fault for going a head and trusting her and sending her something to review. I didn't appreciate the way NieNie handled the entire thing, and it completely turned me off of reading her. I sent her hand knitted alpaca socks and an alpaca child's sweater with a note asking to get them back and I included an envelope to put them in, with postage from Provo to my home. Nothing came back to me. NieNie is about entitlement.

As for Mitt. I think NieNie is generating a lot of mommy bloggers to look at the LDS church and that opens a lot of doors for her.

I am going to add that I don't care for her husband at all. He's creepy, and I don't like him.

Archived