IGNORED

Oh those Arndt "Men"

0 kids n not countin

By John

Sunday, October 30, 2011 @ 11:34 PM Central

John

Hey, at least some of us were attempting to cook. The second batch was much better. Anyway, I wouldn’t want to be too good at cooking and risk showing up my future wife.

(One of the Arndt "Mens'" response to a batch of cookies they baked that didn't turn out quite right).

"Future wife", and when is that likely to happen??? The guy is almost 30 years old with no (it would seem) "courting prospects"!!! I suppose he's still :pray: for God to drop someone on his doorstep!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been intriged by those Arndt "Men" since I saw them on Kids by the Dozen. It is really strange how none of those guys have courted/dated or married. Sure, they're nerdy, but so are many fundy girls. Where on the fundy-level do you put the Arndts? I'm leaning towards fundy-lite because mom and sister wear pants/shorts and they play sports (well - 1 sport - baseball). I looked up on the website and John, the guy who was speaking will be 30 in April and he's the second oldest. They have several men who are marrying ages. The first seven sons are 21 and older and the eighth will be 20 on Christmas day... Maybe those seven sister should visit. They'd sew really festive baseball uniforms. ;)

Checked them out a while back. Aren't they the huge Catholic, base-ball playing family with all boys and only one girl?

Yep, these guys are nerds extraordinaire, to put it shortly. Well, as they're Catholic, they just can't marry ANY fundie girl, can they?

As devout as these guys must be, they have to tow the party line, I'm guessing. So maybe there aren't litters of uber-Catholic girls

breathlessly waiting for these Arndt's to come calling? Maybe all the area's Catholic batchelorettes already know them and want zip to do with them? Wonder if they get dissed behind their backs from other Catholic (or fundie) kids as it is? Maybe they need to do a special Bingo night/slave auction, "Who Wants to Marry an Arndt?" LOL

(One of the Arndt "Mens'" response to a batch of cookies they baked that didn't turn out quite right).

"Future wife", and when is that likely to happen??? The guy is almost 30 years old with no (it would seem) "courting prospects"!!! I suppose he's still :pray: for God to drop someone on his doorstep!!

It also presupposes that the wife would be a better cook than the husband.

I think its time to be proactive guys and learn to be independent and to live on your own after your parents are gone, so learn to cook and bake the basics. Because lets be honest, you'll still be single.

I think its time to be proactive guys and learn to be independent and to live on your own after your parents are gone, so learn to cook and bake the basics. Because lets be honest, you'll still be single.

Word!!

It really amazes me how "innocent" and childlike they still seem to be. They still get excited about things like going to McDonalds and drinking sodas. Talk about boring posts (ala the Maxwells'), what's so exciting about stopping to get a fountain drink or taking a picture of the newly opened Wendy's Restaurant?? Even the mom once posted about being able to make fajitas that taste "almost" like the ones they sell at one of the fast food places (forget which one, maybe it was Jack-in-the-Box). Not only boring but yuck!!! I didn't realize that they used to be Catholic but converted.

Guest LilaFowler
I've been intriged by those Arndt "Men" since I saw them on Kids by the Dozen. It is really strange how none of those guys have courted/dated or married.

I've been intrigued by them too since Kids By The Dozen. Well, more like saddened. I'm not saying everyone has to have a mate or be interested in courting and dating and marriage and sex. People can choose their own lives. But it's weird that not one of those guys over 18 has not courted or gotten married. There has got to be some serious horniness going on in that house.

I tried to watch their TV show on Directv, but it's just too boring for me. My armchair analysis of these people is they want to keep the family like it has always been. They don't want to bring any outsiders into it because they are so wrapped up in their identify of their family, 13 or 14 boys and 1 girl. I want one of their boys to start courting as much as I want Jana Duggar to. I hope one day I will log on FreeJinger and see an announcement of it.

My husband is the cook in our home! He is an awesome cook and I am.....challenged.

My husband is the cook in our home! He is an awesome cook and I am.....challenged.

LOL! Cooking is not an innate skill that females are born with along with a uterus. I'm not the best cook myself. In my family my dad was the better cook and cooked the holiday meals, weekends and whenever company was over. My mom did the weekdays only because my dad would be at the office until late at night. My dad's job upon retirement will be to be my mother's personal chef.

Word!!

It really amazes me how "innocent" and childlike they still seem to be. They still get excited about things like going to McDonalds and drinking sodas. Talk about boring posts (ala the Maxwells'), what's so exciting about stopping to get a fountain drink or taking a picture of the newly opened Wendy's Restaurant?? Even the mom once posted about being able to make fajitas that taste "almost" like the ones they sell at one of the fast food places (forget which one, maybe it was Jack-in-the-Box). Not only boring but yuck!!! I didn't realize that they used to be Catholic but converted.

They were Catholic? Seriously? I've never met a Catholics like that but the creationists in the Parish I grew up in were considered crazy and to have it all wrong.

I would not want to date any of them. I like geeks and nerds myself but they need to be able to function in the world. They all seem like they are stuck in a perpetual adolescence.

2 of the seven sisters have a b-day today.They are 23 and 20,and there is an older one so we can set 3 of them up with Arndt's and still have a few left for Sarah to choose from. :)

I've been intrigued by them too since Kids By The Dozen. Well, more like saddened. I'm not saying everyone has to have a mate or be interested in courting and dating and marriage and sex. People can choose their own lives. But it's weird that not one of those guys over 18 has not courted or gotten married. There has got to be some serious horniness going on in that house.

I tried to watch their TV show on Directv, but it's just too boring for me. My armchair analysis of these people is they want to keep the family like it has always been. They don't want to bring any outsiders into it because they are so wrapped up in their identify of their family, 13 or 14 boys and 1 girl. I want one of their boys to start courting as much as I want Jana Duggar to. I hope one day I will log on FreeJinger and see an announcement of it.

I think the Mom was raised Catholic (and maybe the Dad) but somewhere along the way they went fundie-lite. I actually think this family is going to be worse off than some of the families that are ALL the way fundie because from what I gather, the Arndt's homeschool and homechurch, but they don't attend any of the homeschool conferences and I'm pretty sure their church is just their family! There's just no home of them finding a mate if they basically only leave their family compound for court reporting jobs or photography sessions (some of the boys are photographers). Oh and play softball 9 months of the year... with only their family. I think they're looking for a clone of their mother. And that's not going to happen. It's a shame because a few of them are semi-cute but unless the parents push them out (will never happen... I'm pretty sure they pool their income) they'll live together forever. I feel sorry for the one daughter as she's almost 15 and still wearing her hair in braids. She doesn't even get to "fellowship" with other homeschooled girls. I think she plays with a few cousins and that's it.

Oh and I COMPLETELY agree... they are SO boring!! I check their family site now and then just on the off chance one of them is courting and reading their dumb posts is mind-numbing. Can you imagine dating one of those guys and being around that family!? Yikes!!!

I have a strong "ick" factor with this family which I can't really verbalize. Outwardly, the appear ordinary, but having all those young men living at home with no prospects, or even seemingly much desire to leave, is just downright odd. Even more so than with someone such as Sarah Maxwell, since we know why she's not married.

The creep factor is high with this family. Ok, maybe none of them have met the right woman yet. That's perfectly fine. I didn't meet my husband until I was 33. I find it odd though that none of them have moved out and started their own lives. That's not normal. You don't have to be married to be an adult, but you do need to be capable of surviving in the world on your own. Those guys need to get their own places and meet people their own ages. Living at home with mommy and daddy at the age of 30 is a little on the pathetic side. No wonder they can't get dates. What woman would want to go out with a guy that can't seem to cut the umbilical cord.

My armchair analysis of these people is they want to keep the family like it has always been. They don't want to bring any outsiders into it because they are so wrapped up in their identify of their family, 13 or 14 boys and 1 girl.

I think you summed it up exactly. It's too bad for their kids as it's obvious that several of the older sons want to get married (for example Mark, he does wedding photography in addition to the court reporting I believe). I feel bad for them in the same way I do for Sara Maxwell. In a sense it must suck to have to photograph weddings while longing for your own. How selfish of the parents. I don't understand how they can shelter their kids that much, I would think they would want the same for their kids (in terms of having big families) yet they sabotage them from ever fulfilling that "ideal" of theirs. Seems like child abuse to me. On a different note though, it seems to me the Arndt kids are probably one of the "better educated" homeschooled kids. The sons seem to have talents for various things, such as computers, photography, mechanical skills, etc., and some even seem to be interested in cooking. It's just too bad that the parents have isolated their kids and not allowed them to live their own lives.

I think you summed it up exactly. It's too bad for their kids as it's obvious that several of the older sons want to get married (for example Mark, he does wedding photography in addition to the court reporting I believe). I feel bad for them in the same way I do for Sara Maxwell. In a sense it must suck to have to photograph weddings while longing for your own. How selfish of the parents. I don't understand how they can shelter their kids that much, I would think they would want the same for their kids (in terms of having big families) yet they sabotage them from ever fulfilling that "ideal" of theirs. Seems like child abuse to me. On a different note though, it seems to me the Arndt kids are probably one of the "better educated" homeschooled kids. The sons seem to have talents for various things, such as computers, photography, mechanical skills, etc., and some even seem to be interested in cooking. It's just too bad that the parents have isolated their kids and not allowed them to live their own lives.

I have no sympathy for these young men. They have income; they can move out, unlike Sarah Maxwell.

I have no sympathy for these young men. They have income; they can move out, unlike Sarah Maxwell.

While I do agree that they could easily move out because they have money and work, they are obviously (imo) so brainwashed they won't, and that's just sad.

1. Dad looks like he's 20 years older than Mom, although I checked the ages and there's only a 4 year difference. The frosted lipstick isn't helping Mom at all, but why does Dad look so much older?

2. This family is super creepy. I think the parents, especially the mom, wouldn't know what to do if all the kids grew up and moved out. The parents like having so many kids around that they have no intention of ever letting them grow up. They're kid collectors/hoarders just as much as the Duggars. And aside from the lack of sex, why would any of the boys want to leave? They get free room and board, get to earn an income, have Mom to cook and clean for them, and have no responsibilities at all. There's no way any woman will ever live up their mother. And if they've managed to suppress or deal with their sex drives for this long, they can just keep doing it indefinitely. They really have no incentive to leave, and their parents don't want them to go.

This is why I'm so glad I'm not fundie. My adult status doesn't depend on me being married. I became an independent adult when I was ready and responsible enough, NOT when I found a person to get married to.

How selfish of the parents. I don't understand how they can shelter their kids that much, I would think they would want the same for their kids (in terms of having big families) yet they sabotage them from ever fulfilling that "ideal" of theirs. Seems like child abuse to me.

:clap:

I think the problem mainly comes from lack of opportunities for meeting women. I'm curious what will happen as time goes on since at least one of those boys or the girl will want to marry or move out. I actually think they would be a good choice for the Duggars since a lot of ultra-fundies are going to find the Duggars too wordly with their lack of frumpers and fame.

I totally agree that probably most of the oldest sons would like to get married but they just have no familiar avenue to meet likeminded girls. I mean at least go to a Homeschool conference or something! Visit a friends church! Geez. And this is where the parents have failed miserably because they aren't pushing their kids to go out on their own. Sometimes kids need to be pushed to make decisions they might be afraid of making on their own. Otherwise the kids turn into technical adults but never really grow as people. Hence this is why their sons are inching into their 30's and living the exact same life they led when they were 20. Pathetic.

I also think the boys standards are ridiculous and there is just no way any of them would marry a girl that wasn't a virgin or lived a life different (even Christian girls) then the way they've lived. And unfortunately for them 99.9% of the population grows up differently then they have. Soon these guys will be well into their 30's with the same expectations of a virgin bride with no "past" and then they will truly be destined for a life alone. No girl could measure up and even if they did... who would want to marry into that freakish family!?

I actually think if just 1 of the older boys grew a pair and struck out on their own the others would follow. Then it wouldn't be such a foreign concept. Just not sure I see that happening.

Archived