IGNORED

Babylon Bee

thoughtful

The Babylon Bee, which used to gently mock fundies and evangelicals, but has mostly turned into a right-wing version of The Onion, has gotten some backlash from bigots.

They posted a fake bit about a man they labeled as "inbred" proclaiming that the white race needs to stay pure.

Here it is:

https://babylonbee.com/news/white-race-must-maintain-genetic-purity-says-inbred-man

I'm a bit confused about why the fuss has just come up, since the post was from 2017. But maybe they just put it on X/Twitter, or someone just re-found it and passed it around.

There was a rush of mind-bogglingly racist and antisemitic response. More here:

Spoiler

• Upvote 3

The BB realized pretty quickly that they will get way more attention and clicks if they make fun of libs instead of evangelicals. Mostly because Evangelicals would rather Make fun of libs instead of laughing at themselves. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

On 3/28/2024 at 4:02 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The BB realized pretty quickly that they will get way more attention and clicks if they make fun of libs instead of evangelicals. Mostly because Evangelicals would rather Make fun of libs instead of laughing at themselves. 

Supposedly , according to Isaac Bonewitz , and his Advanced Bonewitz Cult Danger Evaluation Frame  (link goes to description ) , grimness , lack of a sense of humor about themselves , is a sign that a movement is a toxic cult .  So I suppose that , if this is accurate , it would make sense that they'd react in this manner .  

• Upvote 2