IGNORED

Escape Alabama Inmate and CO Who Helped

47of74

The escaped Alabama inmate and corrections officer who helped him were captured

After 11 days, escaped inmate Casey White and former jail official Vicky White have been found and were arrested on Monday afternoon in Indiana.

According to Lauderdale County Sheriff Rick Singleton, Casey White and Vicky White were captured in Evansville after a police chase ended in a crash.

Vicky White is in serious condition due to a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the Evansville Sheriff.

Casey White has minor injuries. He was driving a black Cadillac at the time of the chase. An Evansville police officer located the Cadillac.

I feel a little bad for the CO.  She pissed away her career and freedom and possibly her life over some scumbag who wasn't worth it.

This is local to me.  Scumbag is putting mildly.  There is so much WTF going on with this.  I hope this lunatic never sees the light of day.  He has terrorized so many people.  And her?  WTF, Vicky!  Why did you do this?  You deserve what you get for turning him loose knowing he threatened an ex and her family.

• I Agree 1

Vicky White died 1 hour ago in an Indiana hospital from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

• Sad 3

11 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

Vicky White died 1 hour ago in an Indiana hospital from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Apparently, she shot herself during their capture, before being taken to the hospital and died there of the wound.

What a bizarre case. Glad that he was at least captured -- he sounds like someone who should never be allowed out of prison again.

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 2

Possible plot twist:  He yelled "help my wife" when she sot herself!  WHAT????  Just heard that on a local news site.

• WTF 1

I feel so badly for Vicky White's mother.   I think I read that Vicky had moved in with her mother to help out after she'd sold her house.  The mother knew nothing about the escape plot or the inmate and now her daughter is dead. 

• I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Howl said:

I feel so badly for Vicky White's mother.   I think I read that Vicky had moved in with her mother to help out after she'd sold her house.  The mother knew nothing about the escape plot or the inmate and now her daughter is dead. 

She was one day away from retirement too and her getting fired cost her the state funded pension she was due to receive.

While Vicky White had planned to retire, her termination will cost her state-funded contributions to her pension, Singleton said.

Vicky White recently bought the AR-15 and shotgun they are thought be armed with, authorities said. However, their relationship has likely been going on for up to two years.

Her imminent retirement would have triggered the escape plan; she'd be gone from the jail in a day or two, it was a "now or never" situation.  

• Upvote 1