IGNORED

Catholic Church and Baby Selling

Alecto

I was born in In. though I've been in contact with my birth mom both adoptive and birth mom were very closed about the subject. It was years ago and now I'm in contact with no one but after I was 18 I tried to get anything from In. and hit a brick wall no matter where I went.

If you've been in contact with your birthmom I assume you have her name. You could do a genealogy search to learn more about your birth family. Ancestry.com is a good place to start.

I'm not familiar with In adoption laws or searches but this might be a good resource: http://indiana.reunion.adoption.com/

e: Catholic Church and Baby Selling

myanimus wrote:

I was born in In. though I've been in contact with my birth mom both adoptive and birth mom were very closed about the subject. It was years ago and now I'm in contact with no one but after I was 18 I tried to get anything from In. and hit a brick wall no matter where I went.

If you've been in contact with your birthmom I assume you have her name. You could do a genealogy search to learn more about your birth family. Ancestry.com is a good place to start.

I'm not familiar with In adoption laws or searches but this might be a good resource: http://indiana.reunion.adoption.com/

I have some weird obsession with getting my hands on my actual birth certificate, the adoption papers would be nice too. I don't think I could get that on ancestry.com so it's likely a useless cause. I don't know why I "need" to see it with my own eyes but, I do... I already have family history, my bm wasn't in contact with her family so they found out about me maybe 8 or 9 years ago but due to her not being close to anyone, no one knows anything that I want to know.

I have some weird obsession with getting my hands on my actual birth certificate, the adoption papers would be nice too. I don't think I could get that on ancestry.com so it's likely a useless cause. I don't know why I "need" to see it with my own eyes but, I do... I already have family history, my bm wasn't in contact with her family so they found out about me maybe 8 or 9 years ago but due to her not being close to anyone, no one knows anything that I want to know.

It's not a weird obsession, lots of adult adoptees feel the same way. It's YOUR birth certificate, it should not be kept from you. Have you requested it using your birth name (assuming you know it because you know your birthmom)?That has worked for some people. Has your birthmother requested it? Some states allow the birthmother to have the original but not the amended. Is she willing to sign a release for you to get it? That is something that is in place here, but it depends on the year of the adoption.

Ancestry.com was only a suggestion because I wasn't sure if you were wanting to look for other relatives. I wish you luck, you deserve your own birth certificate.

Archived