IGNORED

Since we're asking questions today...

Evie Teale

what is the story with "eleventy?" Everytime I see it, it cracks me up, but I don't know why it's so funny.

Anyone?

It's snark based on some bloggers' (not only fundy BTW) overuse of exclamation points, as !!!!!!

It isn't a FJ thing, it is making fun of general exclamation mark usage gone insane. ,!!! but the miss the shift key and it is like !!!!11!!!

Thank you. I've only seen it here and it is just hilarious.
It's been around the internet forever, along with "teh". You'll sometimes see people putting "one" in there also, like this!!11!1!one!!

I laugh whenever I see that. I don't know why, it just makes me happy. I have started using eleventy as a number, like eleventy-zillion.

Eleventy-zillion is my favorite number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111one!!!!1111

I think it makes teh gheys do wild things with sparkly things!!!!!!1111eleventyzillion!!!111

Huh, I thought the basis for eleventy was from the mockumentary "This is Spinal Tap" when they talked about about how their speakers up to eleven.

i always thought of bilbo baggins' 111 birthday - his "eleventy-first"

I think the word eleventy likely game from bilbo, but the idea of it as an exclamation is really based in typos.

lol whoops i just revealed my geekiness...<.<

I think the word eleventy likely game from bilbo, but the idea of it as an exclamation is really based in typos.

Yup, when you type a bazillion exclamation points you are bound to miss the shift key a few times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Unless you're me, 'cause I just hold the shift key down. I occasionally use ‽ as well, when I feel like going to the trouble to get one and put it at the end of my sentence.)

lol whoops i just revealed my geekiness...<.<

(slides over here on the geek sofa to make room for you, and praise you for your HyperboleAndAHalf avatar)

Archived