Twitler thinks he's got the Latino vote:

20200902_lalo1.JPG

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 7

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

image.png.407b3f6d72c57e68268e1fc28a31d38c.png

"Flying Uglies"

Full Disclosure. I drew a “fly, my pretties” cartoon last April. I was concerned it may be too soon for a repeat but one of my amazing proofers, Laura, told me, “April was forever ago and this is good.” Honestly, I went with this because I liked the phrase, “Fly, my uglies” too much.

The same people who will tell you Donald Trump is not a racist will also tell you he’s not inciting violence in America’s cities. More to the point…in cities Donald Trump likes to label “Democrat-run cities.” Donald Trump is a troll.

While it’s horrible that a person, a Trump supporter, was killed in Portland, it was Donald Trump who sent him there. A caravan of Trump supporters in pickup trucks assembled in the suburbs of Portland, Oregon, on Saturday night. Then, they took to the city to shoot paint balls at Black Lives Matter protesters. There has been no condemnation of this by Trump or Republicans. Don’t expect liberals to start calling the murderer in Portland a hero or start a GoFundMe campaign for his legal defense.

Donald Trump is tweeting for Joe Biden to disavow “Antifa” violence. Donald Trump has not disavowed violence from his people. He has not disavowed his fucknuts trucking through Portland shooting paint balls at people, which is an assault, by the way. He has not disavowed Kyle Rittenhouse, the 17-year-old who came from out of state to slaughter black people with an automatic weapon.

Joe Biden has disavowed violence. Yesterday, he criticized it on both sides.

Biden said, “I condemn this violence unequivocally. I condemn violence of every kind by anyone, whether on the left or the right. And I challenge Donald Trump to do the same. It does not matter if you find the political views of your opponents abhorrent, any loss of life is a tragedy. Today there is another family grieving in America, and Jill and I offer our deepest condolences.” Donald Trump has not met that challenge, instead tweeting, “Law and order” and “MAGA” multiple times. Donald Trump continues to tweet calling for Biden to disavow violence, which he has, while not doing so himself.

Violence is violence. There shouldn’t be left-wing or right-wing violence. Donald Trump sees violence and he decides which is on his side and which will help his reelection. Donald Trump is a horrible and vile human being.

Donald Trump plans to visit Kenosha, Wisconsin. The governor has asked him to stay away for now as Trump would just be a distraction and drain local resources for a presidential (sic) visit. Naturally, being a troll, Donald Trump still plans to visit Kenosha. Donald Trump will put lives in danger for a photo-op. Wait. We already knew that.

Any president before Donald Trump would be working to heal the nation, not fan the flames. Donald Trump doesn’t care about America. He believes these “Democrat-run cities” are not in his America. He’s warning of more violence in “Joe Biden’s America” if Biden wins the election. Trump is ignoring that cities in America are in America. These cities, Kenosha, Portland, Minneapolis, etc, are all in…wait for it…Donald Trump’s America. All this violence is happening right now in Donald Trump’s America.

In his 2016 acceptance speech, Donald Trump said, “a government that fails to defend the lives of its own citizens is a government unworthy to lead.” But again, Donald Trump doesn’t believe cities are in his country, or at the very least, they’re not his base.

Donald Trump is not trying to be our president (sic). He only wants to be president (sic) for his base. He’s the president for QAnon. He’s not even trying to win the popular vote. He’s just aiming for that 270. Who cares if the majority of the nation doesn’t want him to be president? All hail King Trump.

This man who tweeted in the past, “When the looting starts, that’s when the shooting starts,” is a troll. This is a man who has promised to pay legal expenses to any of his supporters who would assault a protester at his hate rallies. This is a man who has called protesters “terrorists.” This is a man who teargassed a crowd for a photo-op. Kellyanne Conway explicitly stated that violence in the cities is good for the Trump campaign.

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler is catching heat for criticizing Donald Trump for inciting the violence. Many think he needs to be working with Trump. But when cities and states reject Trump’s offer of federal help, what they are rejecting are Donald Trump’s goons.

But Wheeler was right in calling Trump out for what he is. We can’t coddle this orange troll any longer. Wheeler is being criticized for stating the truth.

The Portland Mayor said, “Do you seriously wonder, Mr. President, why this is the first time in decades that America has seen this level of violence? It’s you who have created the hate and the division.”

Even before he was done speaking, Trump was trolling him on Twitter.

Joe Biden said, “Trump may believe tweeting about law and order makes him strong, but his failure to call on his supporters to stop seeking conflict shows just how weak he is.” He also said, “He may think that war in our streets is good for his reelection chances, but that is not presidential leadership or even basic human compassion.”

Donald Trump is a weak little man. In fact, he’s a baby who needs a sippy cup. Donald Trump will allow America to burn for his own self interest and what makes that worse is he has supporters who refuse to see that obvious fact.

Donald Trump is the most divisive figure in American history and Wheeler is correct for calling him out on it. Donald Trump, the worst president in American history, will destroy this country for his own selfish needs. If he wins, his destruction will carry on. If he loses, expect him to incite his flying uglies even further.

Donald Trump is destroying our country.

Note: The “Flying Uglies” would be kick-ass name for a punk band.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

image.png.571a50d50aef0d79a1e012b3b559e400.png

"Choke"

Donald Trump gave an interview to Fox News’ Laura Ingraham that made even her eyes bulge out at times.

As is usual for a Trump interview, he rambled incoherently, spread a conspiracy theory or two, exhibited tone-deafness, exhibited a touch of racism, praised himself, attacked his opponents and the media, lied, and said a bunch of stupid shit…and yeah. He said a bunch of stupid shit.

Ya’ know, when Ross Perot talked about black helicopters in 1992, it derailed his presidential aspirations. Just saying.

But other than talking about “thugs on planes” either coming to Washington, or going from Washington (Trump couldn’t make up his mind), he attempted to justify police shooting unarmed black men.

Let’s be clear on one thing. Jacob Blake was shot seven times in the back while he was unarmed. Conservatives and assorted fucknuts keep saying he had a knife, or he was going for a knife, or he was dreaming about a knife, or he started rapping, “Life is a knife like slicing through the strife…” I don’t know. But he was unarmed. And let me remind you, he was shot seven times in the back. The guy could have had a bazooka and I don’t think the cops needed to shoot him seven times…in the back.

Donald Trump went to Kenosha, where nobody wanted him, and used it as a background to claim systemic racism doesn’t exist. Again. Seven times in the back. Also, white kid shoots three people and the same police force waves him off and drives right on by. Also during his stop in Kenosha, he didn’t mention Jacob Blake’s name once. So, if he didn’t go to Kenosha to work on race issues, why did he go? I’m surprised he didn’t start shooting paint balls at black people.

But the real crazy was during the interview. If you can make Laura Ingraham give a holy-fucking-shit-this-is-balls expression, you’ve accomplished quite a feat.

Trump was talking to Ingraham about how cops are “under siege” in this country. Maybe because, I don’t know, they keep killing unarmed black men. Donald Trump explained why cops kill unarmed black men. He said, “They can do 10,000 great acts, which is what they do, and one bad apple or a choker — you know, a choker. They choke.”

He continued. “They choke just like in a golf tournament. They miss a 3-foot putt.” Ingraham tried to save him. Instead of coming right out and saying, “please stop saying stupid shit,” she tried to give his next answer for him. She didn’t ask. She stated, “You’re not comparing it to golf, because of course that’s what the media would say.”

Trump dug himself in deeper and answered, “I’m saying people choke. People choke. And people are bad people. You have both. You have some bad people and you have…they choke.”

Question: Which is worse? Comparing police brutality and murders of unarmed black men to a golfer missing a putt, or the comparison to choking after it was the choking of George Floyd that began this summer of protest against police violence against black Americans?

Also, if they “choke,” then wouldn’t they miss while shooting at unarmed black men? Republicans, even their cartoonists, really suck with metaphors and analogies. 

Donald Trump is tone-deaf. Frankly, I’m surprised he hasn’t mistakenly, or purposely, in place of “bad apples,” used the term “black apples” yet.

We need a president who can understand a crisis. Not just identify a few “bad apples” and make a shitty golf analogy. And I don’t think this is asking too much, but also not spread crazy-ass QAnon bullshit.

There is systemic racism. It’s very real and it’s proven on video on a daily basis. The bad apples are the result of the problem, not the cause. 

Donald Trump isn’t just a bad apple. He’s rotten and he’s choking our country.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Frankly, I’m surprised he hasn’t mistakenly, or purposely, in place of “bad apples,” used the term “black apples” yet.

Please don’t give him any ideas...:pb_sad:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic