IGNORED

Local politician falls to knees, prays for opponents

JesusFightClub

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3868940/Councillor-is-crossed-out.html

I do have to admit this made me laugh. But should he get in trouble for this? Does it bring local politics in that area into, if not disrepute, at least into the area of not being taken too seriously? Or is it just amusing?

i gotta say, i don't really know what to think about it. i mean, i believe he should have the freedom to pray in public if he wishes. i guess my concern would be his motivation. if he truly wanted to have a serious prayer, i don't think he should be treated like that. but i can kinda see the other side, too, that perhaps he was doing it sarcastically or to just do it for show. i guess we'll never really know his true motives.

He has a right to pray, and they have a right to kick him out. Sounds more like he was the one that turned it into a farce.

i gotta say, i don't really know what to think about it. i mean, i believe he should have the freedom to pray in public if he wishes. i guess my concern would be his motivation. if he truly wanted to have a serious prayer, i don't think he should be treated like that. but i can kinda see the other side, too, that perhaps he was doing it sarcastically or to just do it for show. i guess we'll never really know his true motives.

It is a tough one. I suppose another thing would be his loud praying was disrupting business. The folk that voted for him probably want him to get on with matters important to their area, not theatrical prayer.

Someone said to me "well what about politicians breastfeeding, that is distracting too" Maybe but as I understand it you can still speak and vote while breastfeeding, not so much while praying and blessing yourself ;)

Archived