IGNORED

NYT on Christian Health Care Cost-Sharing Ministries

AnnaSofia

4 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Eh. I am one of those radical crunchy birthers. 

The risk of stillbirth at 42 weeks is lower than it is at 37 weeks. You don't get pressured into induction at 37 weeks. 

This may be true, I don't know.  I'm not a trained medical professional.  Point is, though, that Shoshanna is quite convinced that she is very soon to be 45 weeks pregnant.  Crunch away, but at some point in certain situations, don't you think one should seek the assistance of trained medical professionals?

• Upvote 14

Replying to Foudeb (I’m having trouble with the quote feature):

Going 44 weeks is reckless.  Reckless and selfish.  

42 weeks isn’t necessarily dangerously overdue, nor is it uncommon.

There’s a difference between crunchy birthers and radical crunchy birthers.  Radicals will legit prioritize their birth plan over their baby’s life.

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, JMarie said:

TTUAC is just about all I know of the Pearls, and that's enough.  Until this thread. So I have a few questions about darling Shoshanna.

1. How many fricking maternity photo shoots does she get?

2. Why is this only her fourth pregnancy, if she got married in 2004?  She should have a LOT more kids by now.

3. Do they get birth certificates for their kids? I know they don't get marriage licenses.

4. Her sons are allowed to run around naked.  Is her daughter allowed to as well?

1.  Infinite.

2.  As another poster said, not married exactly, but yes, in a relationship.  She has claimed to have had health problems, most notably Lyme disease, which have caused fertility problems and/or miscarriages.  As someone who ended up with advanced Lyme disease (confirmed by both tests), I do have questions about this as I didn't realize Lyme was endemic in Tennessee.  And if it is, why the hell does she allow her kids to run around in the woods perpetually barefoot and sometimes totally naked? (see question 4).  

3. Good question.  Best best guess is no, she wouldn't think to get birth certificates.  Someone here may know for sure though.

4.  The older boy must be in his teens and I haven't seen him running around totally naked, but the toddler seems to only wear clothes in the winter.  Her daughter does wear a normal girls' one piece bathing suit.  

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, HereComesTreble said:

Replying to Foudeb (I’m having trouble with the quote feature):

Going 44 weeks is reckless.  Reckless and selfish.  

42 weeks isn’t necessarily dangerously overdue, nor is it uncommon.

There’s a difference between crunchy birthers and radical crunchy birthers.  Radicals will legit prioritize their birth plan over their baby’s life.

There we go again. Reckless and selfish, these mothers. Because you say so, without any clue as to what their specific medical status looks like. 

By all means criticise Shoshanna for being stupid. For not getting antenatal care - if nothing else that could have pinpointed a perhaps more accurate due date. Regular monitoring from 42 weeks is also advised, sometimes as often as once a day, it is foolish of her not to gather more information on which to base her decision. All valid points. 

But slamming her for refusing to induce at an arbitrary point of time? That reeks of misogyny. Women's bodies, as a rule, work. We are not in need of a cure for pregnancy. It is not an illness. Neither do we need rules on what decisions pregnant women are and are not allowed to make. Do you also want to ban pregnant women from being in moving vehicles because a car accident can cause a miscarriage and any selfish, reckless decision should be stopped because you, a perfect stranger, know what is best for that foetus better than its own mother? Or we could just ban women altogether from making decisions because, after all, we could be pregnant and just recklessly, selfishly, conceal it.

• Upvote 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 13
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • WTF 1

3 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

But slamming her for refusing to induce at an arbitrary point of time? That reeks of misogyny. Women's bodies, as a rule, work. We are not in need of a cure for pregnancy. It is not an illness. Neither do we need rules on what decisions pregnant women are and are not allowed to make. Do you also want to ban pregnant women from being in moving vehicles because a car accident can cause a miscarriage and any selfish, reckless decision should be stopped because you, a perfect stranger, know what is best for that foetus better than its own mother? Or we could just ban women altogether from making decisions because, after all, we could be pregnant and just recklessly, selfishly, conceal it.

As one of her biggest critics out here, at no time did I slam her for refusing to induce at an arbitrary point of time.

I am slamming her for her ignorant superiority and for sharing this with her many followers.  I am slamming her for reliance on vitamins and Plexus rather than seeking professional advise when she is telling everyone she is 45 weeks pregnant tomorrow. See below.

Shoshanna is an exceptionally successful seller of Plexus and medicinal herbs.  She has 4500 followers on Facebook and her Facebook page is no doubt viewed by many fans of her parents, the detestable Pearls (who advocate child abuse). She could very well be lying about her (so far) successful management of her pregnancy at 45 weeks to encourage other women to rely on her wares rather than doctors or competent midwifes for advice.  If she truly is 45 weeks pregnant, it is wrong to tell followers that she has the ability to tell if the placenta is breaking down and then proceed to tell them how they too can do this.  

And it is a total false equivalency to compare criticism of this sort of behavior to banning women from driving. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

There we go again. Reckless and selfish, these mothers. Because you say so, without any clue as to what their specific medical status looks like. 

By all means criticise Shoshanna for being stupid. For not getting antenatal care - if nothing else that could have pinpointed a perhaps more accurate due date. Regular monitoring from 42 weeks is also advised, sometimes as often as once a day, it is foolish of her not to gather more information on which to base her decision. All valid points. 

Um...nice reading comprehension?  
I didn’t suggest any sort of ban on anyone for anything. 
As per the saying: not my circus, not my jackass.

Also, science is not misogyny.  It’s factual to say going 44+ weeks is unnecessary and dangerous.  Babies born at 42 weeks are twice as likely to develop a respiratory infection that lands them in the NICU—and that’s only at 42 weeks.

https://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20160202/babies-born-late-may-be-at-risk-for-complications-study

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, JenniferJuniper said:

If she truly is 45 weeks pregnant, it is wrong to tell followers that she has the ability to tell if the placenta is breaking down and then proceed to tell them how they too can do this.  

This is it. It's one thing to swill & shill the Plexus crap but it's quite another to push self-diagnosis and self-treatment of medical or pregnancy conditions. 

I hope that those of her leghumpers who have access to competent medical care or advice are listening to those sources before taking Shoshanna's advice.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

On 4/4/2020 at 6:39 PM, HereComesTreble said:

Um...nice reading comprehension?  
I didn’t suggest any sort of ban on anyone for anything. 
As per the saying: not my circus, not my jackass.

Also, science is not misogyny.  It’s factual to say going 44+ weeks is unnecessary and dangerous.  Babies born at 42 weeks are twice as likely to develop a respiratory infection that lands them in the NICU—and that’s only at 42 weeks.

https://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20160202/babies-born-late-may-be-at-risk-for-complications-study

Science is not misogyny. 

Saying a woman who does not make the medical choices you would want her to make, however, very much is. 

Induction is not risk free. Neither are longer pregnancies. Choosing one or the other does not warrant being called selfish and reckless. 

And considering what stupid things our pet fundies get up to, all there up for grabs to be made fun of... You are choosing to criticise her making a very personal choice about what happens to her own body. Whether you realise it or not, that makes you very close to what many fundies think about women and what choices they are and are not allowed to make. 

But the irony is probably lost on you so I'll bow out of this conversation now.

Have fun feeling all superior. 

@JenniferJuniper I was not quoting you. 

• Move Along 3
  • Downvote 7
  • Bless Your Heart 2

8 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Science is not misogyny. 

Saying a woman who does not make the medical choices you would want her to make, however, very much is. 

Induction is not risk free. Neither are longer pregnancies. Choosing one or the other does not warrant being called selfish and reckless. 

And considering what stupid things our pet fundies get up to, all there up for grabs to be made fun of... You are choosing to criticise her making a very personal choice about what happens to her own body. Whether you realise it or not, that makes you very close to what many fundies think about women and what choices they are and are not allowed to make. 

But the irony is probably lost on you so I'll bow out of this conversation now.

Have fun feeling all superior. 

@JenniferJuniper I was not quoting you. 

I've never suggested a woman should not be able to make decisions about her body/pregnancy/birth/anything.  I resent the fact that you have groundlessly accused me of that. 

Me stating a medically based fact is not me touting superiority.   A 44-45 week pregnancy is unnecessary and it's dangerous.  That's a fact.  Yes, inductions carry their own risks; but studies have shown continuing a 44 week pregnancy is far more dangerous to both the mother and baby. 

Here are some studies:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/07/190702152815.htm , stillborn risk increases 87% from week 41 to week 42

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3991404/ , A 6-fold increase in stillbirth rates in postterm pregnancies and "statistically significant increase in the rate of maternal complications beyond 40 weeks "

https://evidence.nihr.ac.uk/alert/inducing-labour-at-or-after-41-weeks-reduces-risks-to-infants/?linkId=100000003471046 , after 41 weeks labor induction was associated with fewer all-cause infant deaths, babies born after induction had slightly higher APGAR scores, induction resulted in fewer c-sections

I'd say, I'm allowed to post my own opinion--but, the facts aren't just my opinion--they are medically established facts.

Edited by HereComesTreble
  • Upvote 18
  • Thank You 2

Class action suit against a Christian heath care sharing ministry 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 5

On 2/9/2020 at 9:05 PM, MamaJunebug said:

Forced, my hind foot. A couple of friends who retired from federal government jobs don’t have Medicare. There’s a different program for retired feds. The scare tactics (used by so many nowadays) just keep on coming.

There isn't a different program for retired federal workers.  We are allowed to keep our exact same health insurance into retirement if we wish.  However, we can also sign up for Medicare AND keep our federal insurance.  The joy of doing that is medical bills are then covered 100%.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Class action suit against a Christian heath care sharing ministry 

Let's just hope the "ministry's" lawyers didn't set things up with a loophole they can manipulate.

• Upvote 5

• 4 weeks later...

Shoshanna is using an online lab testing service to obtain information on her post-partum health:

333893734_ShoshannaDIYLabTests.thumb.png.9f80f7f2b1256598038801da4ca233c5.png

Hadn't heard of this before. Given their disclaimer -- "The laboratory services are for informational purposes only. It is not the intention of National Diagnostics, Inc and Life Extension to provide specific medical advice but rather to provide users with information to better understand their health."  -- it's difficult to see what medical value their lab services have.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

59 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Shoshanna is using an online lab testing service to obtain information on her post-partum health:

333893734_ShoshannaDIYLabTests.thumb.png.9f80f7f2b1256598038801da4ca233c5.png

Hadn't heard of this before. Given their disclaimer -- "The laboratory services are for informational purposes only. It is not the intention of National Diagnostics, Inc and Life Extension to provide specific medical advice but rather to provide users with information to better understand their health."  -- it's difficult to see what medical value their lab services have.

She’s probably getting paid for it. Along with shilling Plexus. Her Facebook is just one big ad.

• Upvote 5

Is her blouse a former billowy blouse sleeve? And what kind of yeast and fungus is she currently overgrown with?

• Haha 5

Collagen? I’ve seen some YouTube Mommies shilling that. It must be a mlm.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

It’s a plexus product. She makes big bank on plexus. 

• Upvote 4

On 5/12/2020 at 6:57 AM, Pleiades_06 said:

Collagen is a new health food, and is being sold as such all over the place.  Remember when we used to call it Jello?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

Collagen is a new health food, and is being sold as such all over the place.  Remember when we used to call it Jello?

Drinking gelatan was a thing in the 70's - was supposed to give you strong nails and strong, healthy hair (source - mom and older sisters.)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I tried collagen a couple of years ago (NOT through Plexus or an MLM), hoping for the whole "healthy nails/hair/skin" thing. The brand I used had really good reviews, but sadly, I didn't notice any difference at all.

21 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Drinking gelatan was a thing in the 70's - was supposed to give you strong nails and strong, healthy hair (source - mom and older sisters.)

I think it was also touted as a weight-loss drink(based on an ad I saw in one of my FB groups).

• Upvote 1

Collagen is the hot shit these days for smooth skin, no wrinkles, no flabby skin on your tights or tummy. And it's bullshit if you put on your skin as part of a cream or drink it. Collagen is a protein and will just be digested like any oral taken protein. Would have the same effect if you eat fruit gums made with gelatin. But isn't Shoshana JillRod's upline on plexus?

And on another note. Any news on her sister Rebecca. I read years ago that her husband dragged her and the kids in the middle of a desert in Arizona maybe into a trailer without electricty or running water and got in trouble for stealing water?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

And on another note. Any news on her sister Rebecca. I read years ago that her husband dragged her and the kids in the middle of a desert in Arizona maybe into a trailer without electricty or running water and got in trouble for stealing water?

Rebekah and her "husband" Gabe dropped off most radar screens years ago, not long after Gabe's plan to stop working & be paid for reading the Bible at home was announced on their defunct website, 7XSunday. That website was a rat's nest of cray-cray, BTW. If you look in the FJ archives, you will find a lot more on the Anasts but you'll have to go back 5-6 years or more.

They may have moved from NM to the UP of MI (Watersmeet, MI) but there's very little information, even in those online search engines like White Pages (screenshot below).  OTOH, another search engine, Spokeo, has him living in Gallup, NM. 

376251422_GabeAnastwhereabouts.thumb.png.6e419a2ec0cd430cac12b7bda9d23d5e.png

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 2