IGNORED

Queen of the Home

GenerationCedarchip

I saw on Wise Woman's blog (she's doing a giveaway) that Jennifer McBride from Noble Womanhood has edited an anthology that's out now. Contributors include Jennie Chancey, Kelly Crawford, Stacy McDonald, Be-All, and many of our favorites from the VF crowd. The book seems to be focused on "reclaiming" homemaking from all the vicious slurs of those horrible feminists.

I sense a snark goldmine in the making here. Personally, the fact that they're using the phrase, "monarch of the cradle" with a straight face has me chuckling. I'm going to have to start calling my mom that! :) You can find the book at Vision Forum and it's advertised heavily on Raising Homemakers and other places.

I saw on Wise Woman's blog (she's doing a giveaway) that Jennifer McBride from Noble Womanhood has edited an anthology that's out now. Contributors include Jennie Chancey, Kelly Crawford, Stacy McDonald, Be-All, and many of our favorites from the VF crowd. The book seems to be focused on "reclaiming" homemaking from all the vicious slurs of those horrible feminists.

I sense a snark goldmine in the making here. Personally, the fact that they're using the phrase, "monarch of the cradle" with a straight face has me chuckling. I'm going to have to start calling my mom that! :) You can find the book at Vision Forum and it's advertised heavily on Raising Homemakers and other places.

I bet they will be rehashing lots of Victorian sermons. ("monarch of the cradle"...wow..that's just so...inaccurate...)

IIRC, the "Monarch of the Cradle" in our house was Her Maj.

My anatomy professor described protons and neutrons as the moms & dads of the house - little children are the electrons since electrons determine how an atom behaves. Baby (electron) not sleeping? Proton & Neutron (mom & dad) not sleeping...

This "Horrible Feminist" made an apple pie and homemade cinnamon ice cream last night after a full day of work outside my house because I know my husband likes it (I'd really rather have cake or cookies but I had apples about to go bad).

What part of that do that want to reclaim?

Let's confess it: the really challenge is two manage both: a job outside your home and beeing a wife, mother and homemaker at the same time. I have high respect and accept every womens (or mens) decision to stay at home and do not want to judge or say it's always an easy and laid back life (especially not for non-fundies who don't have their SAHDs to do everything from laundry, to cooking to babysitting). If you can handle your life with only one income it's brilliant. But why are these "ladies" making such a big thing of it?? Kelly, Be-All and all the rest of your bunch: Go out, take a deep breath of the real life and the think about it again. Thank you!

My mom raised seven kids in our house, and is a homemaker, but works part-time as a babysitter and is really in charge of the house instead of my dad. After all she was a farm girl, she's really strong and really stubborn.

I think both the society and the family need us - women. What would our society be without working women? Basically, it would not work. At least not the society I'm living in, or the society you are living in.

Why don't these women just move to Saudi Arabia? Then we would probably not hear from them ever again. Hehe.

Broken records. They do nothing but rehash the same material over and over. I suppose it's a way to lure young women into becoming "monarchs of the cradle" and keeping the machine running, but it's. just. always. the. same.

I mean, I've read Stacy M's blog for years and what has she touched during that time? Ten different subjects or so?

It's just a giant circle-jerk with those women, and a way to move cash around in their cramped little micro-economy. They tend to produce books with such speed and regularity that I can't help but to view the activity as a time-waster for women whose vital power is otherwise wasted in sitting at home and staring at paintings of the past.

This "Horrible Feminist" made an apple pie and homemade cinnamon ice cream last night after a full day of work outside my house because I know my husband likes it (I'd really rather have cake or cookies but I had apples about to go bad).

What part of that do that want to reclaim?

All of it, thanks. :animals-chickencatch: Yum...

I don't want a monarchy in my home or my life. Most of the world doesn't either, that's why there are very few ruling monarchs left.

But, hey, if you want to be a queen in your home, go right ahead and do it. I am a goddess in mine, so, whatever works, I guess.

a way to move cash around in their cramped little micro-economy

Burris has done it again. That's about the most succinct summary of their business practices I have seen.

It's just a giant circle-jerk with those women, and a way to move cash around in their cramped little micro-economy. They tend to produce books with such speed and regularity that I can't help but to view the activity as a time-waster for women whose vital power is otherwise wasted in sitting at home and staring at paintings of the past.

Hah!

I think both the society and the family need us - women. What would our society be without working women? Basically, it would not work. At least not the society I'm living in, or the society you are living in.

Ah, but they are ready for the fall of society- with their 6 chickens and vegetable garden they'll survive just fine.

Archived