IGNORED

Christian Teen Fundies Try to Convert Their Hindu "Friend"

Buckle up folks!  In this charming video two uneducated, racist twits try to convert their Hindu friend.  To say that it's cringe-worthy is probably a compliment.  Four years of following JRod and I never expected to ever come across anything on par with her circus and here we are.  Interestingly enough, the leader of this operation looks a bit like Anna Duggar and speaks like a Rodlet.  Disclaimer: bring alcohol or weed.

• WTF 5

I'm in a room with two people who don't understand fj culture, so Imma hold off until flying solo. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

The first 10 seconds tell me it’s bad because she says she had two friends over. “One regular one and one Indian one.”

:562479351e8d1_wtf(2):

Ok it’s way worse than I thought! They ask her why she is so dark if she isn’t African? And if she’s Asian, why aren’t her eyes pointy?!?!! I don’t know if I can get through this. 

Sorry I can’t finish. It’s just that awful.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 19
  • I Agree 1

Do these kids have a YouTube channel? This is so over the top I want to believe it's some kind of elaborate skit.

Edit: I found the channel and I'm like 92% sure they're trolling.

Edited by NachosFlandersStyle
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I hope this is fake. Why would sarah, not sure how she spells her nickname, be friends with ignorant people. How did they not know that people from India are usually dark and not because they are “African”. SMH. I watched almost all of it and had to turn it off. The problem with religion in general is all of them believe that they are the true religion. There is no definitive proof of one being right and the rest wrong. It’s all about faith. 

• Upvote 1

One "regular" friend, one Indian "friend".

This is off to a great start...

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I hope, hope, hope it's fake and that they are just being ignorant trolls.  But I won't be surprised if it turns out that they are serious.  The elementary school my daughter went to was a private, Christian school.  They had a really good reading program and she was very advanced in reading so we picked that school.  We would have regular "deprogramming" talks with her after Wednesday chapel services during the school day, and more than once she said that they were told to go evangelize their friends that did not attend that school because said friends might not be real Christians.  She used different words, the word evangelize was not necessarily the word they used but the intent was the same.  I have not watched the video, but it could well be real.  I just hope it's not.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Briefly said:

I hope, hope, hope it's fake and that they are just being ignorant trolls.  But I won't be surprised if it turns out that they are serious.

Same. I went to school with people this dense.

• Upvote 5

I made it as far as India "is an African country in Asia". How fucking ingorant! At that point I just couldn't go any further.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

I was hoping for trolling but I decided their awkward as fuck ignorant act has to be real. You can usually tell when you tube kids are acting. Even the best actors on you tube aren’t that great. If they are acting/trolling, then I give them a round of applause. Because they came across as genuinely ignorant as fuck. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

Never have I seen such a transcendent blend of stupidity and willful ignorance. I agree: These two nitwits were playing it absolutely straight and I commend Saraa for not hitting them over the head with that box of cereal.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Dreadcrumbs said:

One "regular" friend, one Indian "friend".

This is off to a great start...

I cringed when I heard that, too, @Dreadcrumbs.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If they are acting/trolling, then I give them a round of applause. Because they came across as genuinely ignorant as fuck

Based on the way the three of them interact and talk in other videos I'm pretty sure it's fake. But the weird specificity of the dumbassery makes me think that these are things that Saraa has actually heard from some of her classmates.

• Upvote 2

I firmly believe that this is real.  I grew up in a fundie-lite church that had no redeeming qualities and they praised ignorance, xenophobia, and general snottiness.  I can see the wheels turning in this girl’s head the same way I saw them turning in so many of my peers in that environment.

The girl who made this probably genuinely believes that not being a Christian is the worst thing possible, and that Hinduism is a path straight to hell. She probably does not understand that you cannot talk that way to people, and she must have been raised in a very ignorant household to even make those assumptions about how a person from India or Asia should look in the first place. Worst all, she probably thinks that by making this video and putting that girl on blast is actually doing a great service for the kingdom of God. I could not get past the first couple of minutes this is way too sad for me. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Oh I think I am going to give this a solid no thank you.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

5 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Based on the way the three of them interact and talk in other videos I'm pretty sure it's fake. But the weird specificity of the dumbassery makes me think that these are things that Saraa has actually heard from some of her classmates.

I haven't been able to find any of their other videos, but I did see this comment on the video above:

Every few years I look up this video. It used to show up on atheists channels who use this as an example to mock the stupid Christian girls. In turn, they get revealed as fools because these girls are clearly acting and joking around. I guess now the trend is for "intellectual" Hindu channels to reveal their arrogance and ignorance.

They might be some of the best actors featured on Youtube yet.

• Upvote 1

I will say that the only bad acting was possibly the girl on the far right. But the other two girls did some really great acting if it was all fake. Maybe they know some really stupid fundies and were able to act just like them. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

It has to be fake because at one point Sara asks who Santa Claus is. But my goodness those are good actors.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I'm thinking that this might be scripted . That , and or not only would the two white girls be ignorant of conventional Christianity , but Saraswati  would be ignorant of her own supposed religion of Hinduism . For Hindus actually do believe in a sort of hell , which they call Naraka  .   P.S.  Hindu beliefs regarding both Jesus , and the nature of God vary . For instance , some Hindus accept Jesus as being an avatar   , especially the Krishna Consciousness movement.   https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/hinduism/beliefs/jesus_1.shtml   ,  

Although some people would deem the Hare Krishnas  to be a type of cult , rather than a valid expression of Hinduism , I will leave it up to you to decide what to make of it . All I will say as to its reference to Jesus is that it has proved to be effective in making inroads amongst people from a western , and in particular a Christian background , as can be seen by the links I posted .  And there are even some number of Hindus , such as the Arya Samaj  , who believe in the oneness of God , without there being any deva , or avatars .  So Hinduism is certainly not a monolithic faith .  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

On 7/22/2019 at 7:33 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Do these kids have a YouTube channel? This is so over the top I want to believe it's some kind of elaborate skit.

Edit: I found the channel and I'm like 92% sure they're trolling.

Using my internet investigation  research skills , I have located the YouTube channel in question . You all can see for yourself what it is like , and decide what to make of it .  https://m.youtube.com/user/YouLoveMolly/videos  

• Thank You 2