IGNORED

Epstein Barr

Howl

What are the chances that his mother made Andrew do this interview?

In an extraordinary interview, which you can watch in full on BBC iPlayer in the UK or YouTube elsewhere in the world, the duke said:

• He had investigations carried out to establish whether a photograph of him with Ms Giuffre was faked, but they were inconclusive
  • He would testify under oath if "push came to shove" and his lawyers advised him to
  • He was unaware of an arrest warrant against Epstein when he invited him to Princess Beatrice's 18th birthday party at Windsor Castle
  • He does not regret his friendship with Epstein because of "the opportunities I was given to learn" from him about trade and business
  • Speaking out about his relationship with the financier had become almost "a mental health issue" for him

Addressing Ms Giuffre's claims that she had dined with the prince, danced with him at a nightclub, and went on to have sex with him at the house of Ghislaine Maxwell, a friend of the prince, in Belgravia, central London, he said "there are a number of things that are wrong with that story".

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

What are the chances that his mother made Andrew do this interview?

The insincerity just drips from that interview.

Some (snarky) remarks:

• He was unaware of the arrest warrant against Epstein... well that doesn't reflect well on the royal vetting process, does it? 
  • Opportunities he was given to learn about trade and business... in young girls?
  • Just because the public was sympathetic with his nephews when they opened up about mental health issues does not mean that he will automatically get sympathy when he does; instead it makes him look pathetic.
  • 'there are a number of things wrong with that story' is not a strong denial. Maybe he didn't dine or dance with her, and the rest... is true. 
  • His friendship with procurer Ghislaine Maxwell is telling in and of itself. If she procured girls for Epstein, who's to say she didn't also procure them for Andrew?
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

This is one reason why I think we need to get rid of the monarchy here in the UK, they are allowed way too much power and privilege and are able to escape the consequences of their actions.

Given that there is more than one point where Andrew was with either Jeffrey Epstein or Ghislaine Maxwell (who the hell calls a kid Ghislaine?) during the years when Epstein was abusing young women who had supposedly been sourced by Maxwell, I fin it pretty hard to believe that he never saw or heard anything. 

He also let Jeffrey near his then 18 year old daughter which is pretty gross.

The BBC Interviewers gave him an easy time, probably because they are given certain rules around how to approach the royal family. 

Whether he was a participant or he just pretended not to see, Andrew's guilty of a pretty horrific crime.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

What practicing forensic pathologists think about Michael Baden & his assertion that Epstein did not commit suicide:

• Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Andrew's offer to cooperate with the investigation turns out to be bogus. How predictable.
So now prosecutors have given him the equivalent of a subpoena. I wonder how he's going to wriggle out of it...

Prosecutors formally request to talk with Prince Andrew in Epstein investigation

Federal prosecutors in New York have formally requested through the British government to speak with Prince Andrew as part of their criminal investigation into Jeffrey Epstein's history of sexual abuse, according to a person familiar with the matter.

The request, made under a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty, or MLAT, is similar to a subpoena in this case for Prince Andrew's testimony.

It's a rare move to seek an interview like this through MLAT, officials say, and it's focused on making sure the investigation is as thorough as possible.

U.S. Attorney Geoffrey Berman foreshadowed the move in March when he said he would consider legal action after Prince Andrew's representatives had closed the door to an interview.

"Contrary to Prince Andrew's very public offer to cooperate with our investigation into Epstein's co-conspirators, an offer that was conveyed via press release, Prince Andrew has now completely shut the door on voluntary cooperation," Berman said, adding that his office is "considering its options."

Nicholas Biase, a spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, told NBC News that the office would decline to comment.

Prince Andrew with Virginia Giuffre and Ghislaine Maxwell at Andrew's London home in a photo released with court documents.

Federal investigators have been trying for months to speak with Andrew, a longtime friend of Epstein's who has been accused by one woman of sexual abuse.

Epstein, 66, died by suicide in August while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. Prosecutors accused the politically connected financier of preying on dozens of underage girls in New York and Florida in the early 2000s.

Following Epstein's death, prosecutors vowed to continue the investigation. The case brought renewed attention to several high-profile people in Epstein's orbit, including Andrew.

In a widely panned interview with the BBC in the fall, Andrew denied allegations that he had sex with Virginia Roberts Giuffre, who says she was trafficked by Epstein when she was 17 and was directed to have sexual relations with the prince. Andrew said that he had no recollection of ever having met her — despite a widely circulated photograph showing otherwise — and that he was at a pizza restaurant with his daughter on the day in 2001 that Giuffre alleges they had the sexual encounter.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

• 3 weeks later...

Adam Klasfeld is doing a running commentary on the double header Guiffre and Dershowitz cases being held today:

• Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

Breaking news: "Ghislaine Maxwell, Jeffrey Epstein's longtime friend, has been arrested, source says"

(CNN)Ghislaine Maxwell was arrested Thursday morning in connection with the Jeffrey Epstein investigation, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Maxwell was taken into custody and is expected to appear in court later Thursday, the source said.

Maxwell, the longtime friend of Epstein, has been under investigation for facilitating Epstein's recruitment of young girls and women. Maxwell has been named in multiple lawsuits by women who said they have been abused by Epstein.

Maxwell has denied any wrongdoing.

• Thank You 4

Following up on GreyhoundFan's post.

"..from the U.S. Attorney in the Southern District of New York states Maxwell faces charges "for her role in the sexual exploitation and abuse of multiple minor girls by Jeffrey Epstein."

https://people.com/crime/ghislaine-maxwell-former-jeffrey-epstein-companion-arrested/

• Thank You 6

More info:

• Thank You 4

Interesting info:

• Thank You 4

Never going to happen though.

• I Agree 4

On 18 November 2019 at 12:40 AM, unsafetydancer said:

This is one reason why I think we need to get rid of the monarchy here in the UK, they are allowed way too much power and privilege and are able to escape the consequences of their actions.

Given that there is more than one point where Andrew was with either Jeffrey Epstein or Ghislaine Maxwell (who the hell calls a kid Ghislaine?) during the years when Epstein was abusing young women who had supposedly been sourced by Maxwell, I fin it pretty hard to believe that he never saw or heard anything. 

He also let Jeffrey near his then 18 year old daughter which is pretty gross.

The BBC Interviewers gave him an easy time, probably because they are given certain rules around how to approach the royal family. 

Whether he was a participant or he just pretended not to see, Andrew's guilty of a pretty horrific crime.

After watched the interview twice I think he is in it up to his tubby Royal neck. Hopefully his Mummy won't get him out of the web he is so obviously stuck firmly in. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Adam Klasfled will be live tweeting Ghislaine Maxwell's hearing:

• Upvote 4

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Could they mean this public official? (Why the case is being run out of the Public Corruption Unit)

Edited by WiseGirl
Add text
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

Could they mean this public official? (Why the case is being run out of the Public Corruption Unit)

Come on don't you know that's fake news? It must have been photoshopped. Or someone traveled in a time machine to make him look bad. He never met her.

• Haha 6
  • Love 1

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Come on don't you know that's fake news? 

Nope. I'm sure 45 will claim it's a hoax. 

On the speculation bus is this why Barr was so interested in undrrmining NY prosecutors?

Edited by WiseGirl
Add text
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder who will be representing her.

Adam Klasfeld’s tweet above says Lawrence Vogelman is her attorney. Don’t know him, so I’d have to look him up.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3