IGNORED

PA state rep's bigoted so-called "prayer" stunt

danvillebelle

37 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Has anyone else seen this?  This twit needs to be kicked out of the state house on her self-righteous ass.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/pennsylvania-lawmaker-islamophobic-prayer.html   

Thank you for pointing this out. I once had an Islamic Feminism teacher at uni who’s American. She told me that the US is far closer to being a theocracy than many would imagine. Radical Christianity still has a lot of influence - to a greater extend than here in Germany for instance. 

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Thank you for pointing this out. I once had an Islamic Feminism teacher at uni who’s American. She told me that the US is far closer to being a theocracy than many would imagine. Radical Christianity still has a lot of influence - to a greater extend than here in Germany for instance. 

The wall between church and state needs to be rebuilt, complete with a fucking moat around it that has goddamn sharks with fucking disintegrators on their heads and trained attack dogs.  Said wall needs to be 500 feet tall and topped off by electrified razor wire.  That is a fucking wall I totally support building. 

I am so goddamn sick and fucking tired of these goddamn theocrats highjacking Jesus Christ for their own sick purposes and using Him to try to drag this country back to the 1850s. 

• 2 weeks later...

As a Christian, I am appalled at this.  She should have been kicked out the door.  I don't mind if prayers are offered at things, provided that it is open to all faiths.  But it's pretty obvious that she had one aim, and that was anti-Muslim.

I found it to be blatant religio-political grandstanding . It displayed both exclusion and partiality . 

Archived