IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who Is a Tool)? Part 9

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

“My children also have had one grandmother who has been very involved, and one who has not.” And whose fault is that, Beall?

She also says she “reached out” to a bio relative and got a big ol’ NOPE.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bti7Te8hXsH/

Well, did Beall not reject her adoptive family?  So she is responsible if her children had only one involved grandmother.

But to be fair, on her bio relative what she says is:  

There's no question that family relationships can be very complex. I recently reached out to a biological relation (remember I'm adopted) and received a gentle but tenuous response. I completely understand, and I don't have a right, so to speak, there.

Not a big ol' nope.  She received a gentle but not affirmative response.  It might not have been personal to her at all.  Just to her as an adopted out disruption who they feel is better left in the past, and with whom they do not want a relationship.

Welcome to the world of adopted children, especially those from closed adoptions.  We have absolutely no rights to make connections with bio families, even if we can manage to track them down.  We have to understand, suck it up, and deal with it.  We have no rights to contact. At all.  

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

But to be fair, on her bio relative what she says is:  

Not a big ol' nope.  She received a gentle but not affirmative response.  It might not have been personal to her at all.  Just to her as an adopted out disruption who they feel is better left in the past, and with whom they do not want a relationship.

Welcome to the world of adopted children, especially those from closed adoptions.  We have absolutely no rights to make connections with bio families, even if we can manage to track them down.  We have to understand, suck it up, and deal with it.  We have no rights to contact. At all.  

As a child of a closed adoption myself, I apologize if my post was insensitive to adopted children. I certainly didn't mean it that way. I was talking about Beall and Beall only, not generalizing about what bio relatives should or should not do in such a situation. 

7 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

“My children also have had one grandmother who has been very involved, and one who has not.” And whose fault is that, Beall?

(Snipped)

Whose fault, indeed. Reminds one of the chutzpah of the guy who kills his parents, then begs mercy from the court because he’s an orphan. 

Little Jack, so blissfully unaware.  My grandparents were all good people but it was a different time and they werent really involved, just pleasant shadows in my life, and I turned out okay (IMHO, of course).  Jack will probably do just fine with loving parents, affectionate aunties & uncles — including the opera-singing grandaunty in Europe.  Remember the story that Doug and Beall tried to prevent her from pursuing her career? Story went that it threw a bit of a wrench in their relationship for a while.  But she appears to be in contact with Beall (Instagram) so that's good  

16 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

I was talking about Beall and Beall only, not generalizing about what bio relatives should or should not do in such a situation. 

That's how I took your comment.

Re: Beall & grandparenthood. From what is known, Beall became alienated from her adoptive parents (and family?) at the time of her marriage to Doug Phillips over 25 years ago. To what degree she instigated or encouraged this estrangement is unknown but it's hard not to wonder how different things would be had she not married DPIART.

I don't recall that there was ever a mention of her adoptive parents, even obliquely (e.g., "Korean War veteran") on Doug's Blog during the VF years. OTOH, DPIART regularly featured his parents, especially his father, whom he worshipped. While DPIART also periodically commemorated Beall's adoption, particularly when decrying abortion or birth control or whatever, I do not recall that there was ever any mention of either her bio-family (apart from thanking her unnamed birth mother for choosing adoption) OR her adoptive parents.

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

From what is known, Beall became alienated from her adoptive parents (and family?) at the time of her marriage to Doug Phillips over 25 years ago. To what degree she instigated or encouraged this estrangement is unknown but it's hard not to wonder how different things would be had she not married DPIART.

It's so funny that you said that, because just today I was thinking, "If Beall hadn't married Doug, her life might have been so different. If Doug hadn't married Beall, he still would have moved to Texas and started a cult." 

7 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

It's so funny that you said that, because just today I was thinking, "If Beall hadn't married Doug, her life might have been so different. If Doug hadn't married Beall, he still would have moved to Texas and started a cult." 

As my mother likes to say, "Great minds think alike." :dance:  

Yes, if Doug hadn't inveigled Beall into marrying him would there even have been a VF?  

You're probably right, though; he would have started a cult or something. As a classic narcissist, DPIART would always have to be running the show, whatever it is -- no being a junior woodchuck for him!

For all of the thinking and (re)evaluation of life choices that Beall claims to be doing, taking a close look at her marriage -- and how DPIART has affected *her* life with *his* choices & actions -- would seem to be a top 5 priority. It's not too late for her to make changes.

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

For all of the thinking and (re)evaluation of life choices that Beall claims to be doing, taking a close look at her marriage -- and how DPIART has affected *her* life with *his* choices & actions -- would seem to be a top 5 priority. It's not too late for her to make changes.

What on earth are you talking about... re-evaluating her marriage... she's #happilymarried. seems to enjoy #marriedlife , and as a #womenover50 is #agingwithgrace.  Basically, #ilovemylife

She's gonna #FakeItTiImakeIt if it kills her!

Still no acknowledgement by DPIART of his new grandson -- at least none that I can find.  DPIART has been oddly quite these days.

1 hour ago, Maxwell said:

Still no acknowledgement by DPIART of his new grandson -- at least none that I can find.  DPIART has been oddly quite these days.

Perhaps he is hoping we will all forget about him stop documenting his toolery.   Fat chance...

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 11:30 AM, Maxwell said:

Still no acknowledgement by DPIART of his new grandson

For "some" men, a grandson means that they are now a grandfather, which is a sign of, um, growing older.  Not great news for shallow bon vivants.

I don't limit this to DPIAT.  I've know several men who pretended they weren't grandfathers;  in their own minds, it hurt their status as players still in the game.  Yech. 

If Vision Forum were still alive and well, the arrival of Doug’s first grandson would’ve been cause for a new film with a title along the lines of “Multigenerational Fruits: the Heritage of Patriarchs and Momentous Passing of The Visionary Baton”. 

Doug would have waxed long on the epic-ness of this child having Howard Phillips AND R.C. Sproul as his great grandfathers.  Behold! The vision! The patriarchs! 

We would watch as Douglas W. Phillips, esq., gives The Photogenic Son a profound lecture on what it means to be a father and how important it will be to teach the new “arrow” to carry on the legacy. Of the hazardous journeys it involves. Of the great responsibility he will have in making every single decision for his family. 

Delaney would have been Kelly 2.0, lavished with bizarre... “compliments”.  We might even hear about who her father is, depending on how much the VF bootlickers know or care about his drunk driving incident.  Then the film crew would have dragged her around the world so that her week-old son could have the honor of meeting with every notable person he’s related to (plus a few VF big names). 

The Phillips daughters might get a cameo - we’d hear about how they, too, are fulfilling Doug’s vision by being allowed to volunteer in Doug’s Operation Meatball project. 

And cellos!  And wide stances! Such manly! So inspirational! 

But... since the market for this epic film doesn’t exist anymore, Doug doesn’t even mention his new grandson. Because he’s an effing hypocrite who was only ever in it for fame and glory and cash. That, or this kid has parents who have the guts to order Doug to stay away, which is what I personally hope.

57 minutes ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

If Vision Forum were still alive and well, the arrival of Doug’s first grandson would’ve been cause for a new film with a title along the lines of “Multigenerational Fruits: the Heritage of Patriarchs and Momentous Passing of The Visionary Baton”. 

Nailed it.

The description of the contents of the new film read like they're scripted by the Tool himself. Or maybe printed in the newest edition of the VF catalogue.

@RebelliousEscapee - perfection. Ranks right up there with the famous "Life In Perfect" parody by the insightful blogger at Semper Eadem.

1 hour ago, RebelliousEscapee said:

Doug doesn’t even mention his new grandson. Because he’s an effing hypocrite who was only ever in it for fame and glory and cash.

Doug Phillips has only ever seen his wife & kids as mirrors whose sole purpose was to reflect his own glory and magnificence. When the mirrors began to show a Dorian Gray sort of image instead of the handsome, debonair, and impressive Dougie of his narcissistic dreams, he lit out of Dodge.

I accidentally ran across Kelcie (girlfriend of Justice Phillips) Yeo's mom while Googling the Botkins:

291038375_Screenshot_2019-03-03PastSpeakers.png.039063bd8a45ceb3419c9d267f9c4842.png

It's amazing how many people on this "Past Speakers" list have gone down in sex scandals and/or other legal issues:

https://www.familycovenantministries.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=1:25th-annual-christian-home-educators-fellowship&id=14:past-speakers&Itemid=4

My goodness. Is that truly Susan Bradrick, dressed in modern clothing rather than as a dowdy prairie muffin? How times have changed.

ETA: was referring to the link in the previous comment with the list of speakers.

Even her hair is styled.

21 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

I accidentally ran across Kelcie (girlfriend of Justice Phillips) Yeo's mom while Googling the Botkins:

It's amazing how many people on this "Past Speakers" list have gone down in sex scandals and/or other legal issues:

https://www.familycovenantministries.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=1:25th-annual-christian-home-educators-fellowship&id=14:past-speakers&Itemid=4

From a web dev point of view, I just had to comment on what a shitty site that is...1998 called, they want their website back.  

On 3/3/2019 at 2:28 AM, AnnaSofia said:

The AS & E bios from that link mention building renovation and contracting

Anna Sofia Botkin:  On the right side of Western Conservatory’s brain. Anna Sofia is chief concept artist, aesthete, and location scout, when she’s not writing, doing research, making music, renovating buildings

Elizabeth Botkin:  On the left side of Western Conservatory’s brain. Elizabeth is chief writer, editor, motivator, ... as well as adjutant to the founder. On the side, she serves as research assistant, event coordinator, building contractor,

This could be the regular fundy family BS where everything is inflated to make things sound more professional and successful; flipping houses and commercial buildings could be a side business or maybe they remodeled their kitchen. 

On 3/3/2019 at 2:28 AM, AnnaSofia said:

291038375_Screenshot_2019-03-03PastSpeakers.png.039063bd8a45ceb3419c9d267f9c4842.png

Heh, that list is kind of funny because the Botkins sound so insufferable. Some of the other people on the list have actual credentials in the real world...but the Botkins seem to inflate themselves until it's a wonder they don't pop like a balloon!

On 3/3/2019 at 12:28 AM, AnnaSofia said:

What really gets me is "sharing the message of essential oils as God's medicine with a mission to help people transform their lives in body, mind and spirit."

Just. Wow.

Catching up on IG - Beall cleans houses. Of course, she mentions that the clients are surprised because she has a college degree and 20 years of business experience.
All that $$ from Vision Forum, all those lives screwed up - but she’ll never mention that the patriarchy homeschooling crap left her cleaning houses at 50 while her Headship gallivants around pretending to be an auteur.

3 hours ago, bea said:

Catching up on IG - Beall cleans houses. Of course, she mentions that the clients are surprised because she has a college degree and 20 years of business experience.
All that $$ from Vision Forum, all those lives screwed up - but she’ll never mention that the patriarchy homeschooling crap left her cleaning houses at 50 while her Headship gallivants around pretending to be an auteur.

Hmm. I could use a good house cleaner.

3 hours ago, bea said:

20 years of business experience.

Business experience doing what??? Marketing? Product development? Graphic design?

Spending Doug’s money?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived