IGNORED

use of signature warning?

yatesbaby

39 minutes ago, yatesbaby said:

I was wondering what does this mean? I have dyslexia and am terrible at navigating pages, sorry about that.

I don’t know. One of the mods might see your question and answer, if not ask in tech support.  (Main forum page near the bottom).

Simply and bluntly put don't put Kat at the bottom of your posts.

More words:  FJ doesn't allow signatures.  You might want to read through the rules and ask if any aren't clear to you to avoid future misunderstandings.  A signature is anything repetitive at the bottom of your post such as your name, sent from xxxx device, welcoming you to the darkside, etc.  

"The rules": https://www.freejinger.org/faq/8-guidelines/

• 3 months later...

I am being blocked every day for the tapatalk signature that was added automatically to my posts. I now make sure to not include and it, and from what I can see, it’s not there anymore. However I continue to be blocked. Does that signature appear somewhere not obvious? I can’t understand what I’m doing wrong and when I will stop being punished

You are not blocked because of the warnings, but you did need to acknowledge them.  You were able to post here so you could post in the rest of the forum.  What happens when you say you are "blocked?"

Since I’m using the app to access the forum, I had been blocked from posting through the app until I went on the actual website and acknowledged the warning. The access was restored but then was limited again, and I had to go to the website to acknowledge the warning yet another time. I don’t understand why I got it again since I had only posted one message in between these two warnings and made sure it didn’t contain any signature. I suppose it can happen again as I have no idea what to correct in order to stop them.

Yes, you do have to exit Tapatalk to acknowledge the warnings.  There was a signature on two messages and that's why two warnings.  There are instructions in the FAQs on how to disable the signature.  I don't use Tapatalk, but we do have people who do who can help you if the directions are not sufficient.  You will always have to acknowledge any warnings before being allowed to proceed.  That's just how the system works.  

Did our "<FJ name> <birthweight>" that we were using on the GHaw threads violate this sig restriction?

Perhaps.  I don't read that thread.  If was more of a community game than regular signature we may have let it go.

Archived