IGNORED

Meggs Mission

EowynW

41 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Debi Pearl herself was commenting on Faith's FB this morning. These people are in deeper than I thought. 

The plexus connection

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, @DangerNoodle!  *Waves hello.*  I'm familiar with the term buzz tail, but I saw the term "danger noodle" used to refer to a rattle snake for the first time last week!  

22 hours ago, Howl said:

Hi, @DangerNoodle!  *Waves hello.*  I'm familiar with the term buzz tail, but I saw the term "danger noodle" used to refer to a rattle snake for the first time last week!  

My husband and I love those ridiculous terms for animals. We really like an alligator being called a murder log.

• 1 month later...

Faith's sister got married over the weekend. To a fundie from Canada. They'd been talking since the beginning of the year, but only became "official" beginning of June and engaged the beginning of July. Debbie Pearl was blessing her marriage on Facebook, lol  

Debbi

On 6/4/2018 at 2:21 AM, Anonymousguest said:

I wonder if they have pregnant housing yet?

WTH is this?

On 8/7/2018 at 9:22 PM, MarblesMom said:

WTH is this?

Ummm ?? LOL! I think I must have meant permanent housing.

5 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Ummm ?? LOL! I think I must have meant permanent housing.

Just an RV on her parent's place IIRC

I feel sorry for her. Her writing makes her seem fairly intelligent. She may have done well for herself in a normal family with normal educational opportunities. 

In the post linked, she wrote about her parents demanding perfection. What a burden to place on children. Some of us are perfectionists of our own accord and when people then demand it, it magnifies that tendency and the guilt that goes with not 150% meeting expectations. And her talk of being a "rebellious teen" (I've known so many parents who would love it if their teen's rebellion was merely not being happy about doing the dishes, btw)... here's a fun fact about adolescent development: some rebellion is perfectly normal. It is how teens move toward making their own life decisions, forming their own opinions and becoming adults. This world where boys are never allowed to move to adulthood until parents suddenly give permission for marriage and tell them they are adults all at once and girls are never allowed to move toward adulthood at all but are supposed to live under the direction of first parents, then husbands with no independence...it's not normal. Of course these kids have feelings of rebellion and are miserable. And I wonder how many more are and can't admit it because this is all the good, moral, proper and right way. 

As for the marriage part, when I read or hear these fundie women (and it's usually the women) going on about how hard marriage is, I just want to say, stop. Just stop and start over and try being two adults doing life together. Stop trying to fit each other in the artificial boxes of these gender roles. So many couples who get caught up in that way of marriage are miserable. Probably because neither of them completely fits in their assigned box. 

• 2 months later...

Second baby due soon and they're still not in a real home. Today Faith posted a very defensive status about she knows "people think her husband railroads her but in reality he treats her like his goddess and all he does is share the honest truth to her in love." 

Also, she doesn't know if this baby is a single or twins. Evendently  she's never had a sono I don't even know if she's getting proper care. I know they were wanting to get in with a midwife I know but they couldn't pay and really just wanted to be a charity case  

Blech. 

Archived