IGNORED

Meggs Mission

EowynW

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how he's earning less than minimum wage. The only thing I can think of-  he has a salary position but is working so many hours that it comes out to less than he would bring home if he was making minimum wage for those hours. (I knew a general manager of a Pizza Hut that was in that situation) Or he is not legal to work and is being paid off the books, but judging by his picture he looks American, so I don't think that's it. 

I just don't see how people are comfortable confessing online for the world to see that they are not satisfied in the bedroom by their husbands. 

All I know is that he's not college educated and had a mediocre at best homeschool education and he's worked a variety of "odd jobs" in order for them to survive. Supposedly he's going into the military this winter. The guy is a super asshole, he'll shut you down in an argument and tell you to hush because you're a women. 

23 minutes ago, DangerNoodle said:

I hope he encounters some badass military woman that shuts his shit down!

This! I hope his drill instructor is a woman and she kicks his ass for saying something stupid. 

I read through a few entries. What a sad bleak life she's had as a married woman so far. The latest entry reads let it was written earlier. It looks like they are now in FL, I wonder if they have pregnant housing yet? He's going to have the military pay for medical school? How does that work? Do they have any idea how long that takes?  One live in an earlier post she said he was going to graduate soon. From what? 

5 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I read through a few entries. What a sad bleak life she's had as a married woman so far. The latest entry reads let it was written earlier. It looks like they are now in FL, I wonder if they have pregnant housing yet? He's going to have the military pay for medical school? How does that work? Do they have any idea how long that takes?  One live in an earlier post she said he was going to graduate soon. From what? 

That just came back from Florida because they couldn't afford to live there. 

I have no idea about the graduation.

I’m assuming Elijah is Olivia’s older brother. Olivia seems to be doing ok financially since she and Ethan Plath just bought a nice looking house and they are only 20 years old. I think Olivia just does photography. They’ll be getting married in the fall.

She describes her husband as HOT (yup, in capital letters), yet writes in an article that sleeping with him is a chore. That’s just a minescule point in this whole sad, sad life but... it doesn’t fit. 

6 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

She describes her husband as HOT (yup, in capital letters), yet writes in an article that sleeping with him is a chore. That’s just a minescule point in this whole sad, sad life but... it doesn’t fit. 

He could be hot but terrible in the sack. Being a selfish lover often means the other may get little pleasure. 

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m assuming Elijah is Olivia’s older brother. Olivia seems to be doing ok financially since she and Ethan Plath just bought a nice looking house and they are only 20 years old. I think Olivia just does photography. They’ll be getting married in the fall.

Correct. He is her older brother. Olivia got married last fall, if I remember correctly. 

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He could be hot but terrible in the sack. Being a selfish lover often means the other may get little pleasure. 

Oh yes, you might be right... still, describing someone as HOT (!!!) implies sexual pleasure, at least to me. If I were to describe my husband’s appearance online (which just isn’t something I’d like to do, I find it odd) and our sex life sucked, hot wouldn’t be the first adjective to come to mind. Good-looking, ok... but hot implies being at ease with each other and satisfied, doesn’t it? At least that’s how I’d use it and how I understand it...

Olivia and Ethan were kissing in their engagement pictures and pretty physically affectionate. I would guess Faith and Elijah weren’t allowed that. I see on FB that Faith is pregnant again. Sigh...

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Olivia and Ethan were kissing in their engagement pictures and pretty physically affectionate. I would guess Faith and Elijah weren’t allowed that. I see on FB that Faith is pregnant again. Sigh...

They met at the East Texas Pearl Shindig. No, no touching or anything like that before marriage. They actually got married a few months earlier than they were planning on, rumor has it they were getting too handsy and so the wedding was moved up. 

2 minutes ago, EowynW said:

They met at the East Texas Pearl Shindig. No, no touching or anything like that before marriage. They actually got married a few months earlier than they were planning on, rumor has it they were getting too handsy and so the wedding was moved up. 

OH no! They weren’t hand sex virgins! 

3 hours ago, EowynW said:

That just came back from Florida because they couldn't afford to live there. 

I have no idea about the graduation.

Yeah, moving from Texas to Florida to get ahead doesn't seem like the best plan. I saw that they also bought land in Alaska at some point. And joining the military to get a medical degree. And lived in an unpermitted shack that burned down. They are having some difficulty making wise decisions.

Another post mentioned him finishing his BA, but not what in. Not sure of how he did that with all the moving they have done. Online maybe? 

Interesting that in this particular family the daughter got better skills for a sustainable job than the son. 

I am confused. Why would he expect the military to pay for medical school if he doesn’t have a bachelor’s degree. He needs that before he could even apply to medical school. Does he know graduate from boot camp does not qualify him for medical school?

5 minutes ago, socalrules said:

I am confused. Why would he expect the military to pay for medical school if he doesn’t have a bachelor’s degree. He needs that before he could even apply to medical school. Does he know graduate from boot camp does not qualify him for medical school?

In another post she mentions him finishing up his BA, I couldn't find what in our where from though. Still, won't he have to serve his time in the military and then go to school? I don't know how it works. The people I know who had the military pay were peers of mine who got the GI Bill after serving in the first Iraq war and after (4yrs for one 10 for another) and another friend who got his JD after serving for about 20yrs in the Navy. 

@Anonymousguest,  this is what I understand about Defense Department scholarships:  Of course, the person applying has to have gotten their bachelor's degree or higher.  I'm not entirely sure whether or not the person wanting a scholarship has to be already accepted into a med school before they apply for the scholarship or not.  Once accepted into the program, they serve in the reserves until graduation.  Once graduated, they probably do their internship/residency at a military hospital and then serve on active duty for a few years.  They may also have reserve duty for a few years after active duty.  

The OB who delivered three of my girls went through med school on a military scholarship.  He had gotten his master's in biochemistry from Purdue before applying to med school (Vanderbilt.)  He did his residency at Fitzsimons in Denver and then was on active duty at Ft Gordon.  He is an outstanding and humane physician and I was lucky to have him as my doctor.

There are also Public Health Service scholoarships where the person serves in the Public Health Service after graduation in exchange for having med school paid for.

Gotta say, though, writing a blog post about submitting to and respecting authority while saying your husband is bad in bed is a master-level troll move.  :giggle: Might not have been what she was aiming for, but it's hysterical nonetheless. 

OMG. Hating to wash dishes=anger=murder=eternal damnation. This sounds like such a toxic blend of brainwashing and depression.

Oh man, she sounds just like this young woman who showed up in the fundie church I grew up in, as it was becoming even more patriarchal than it had been...that's when I knew I had to get out...:56247953c05d2_32(6):

50 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

Gotta say, though, writing a blog post about submitting to and respecting authority while saying your husband is bad in bed is a master-level troll move.  :giggle: Might not have been what she was aiming for, but it's hysterical nonetheless. 

I wish it was a troll. :( I feel so sorry for her. There's no helping her tho she's thoroughly entrenched in this belief system. 

1 hour ago, apandaaries said:

She also said something that I interpreted to mean she questioned whether she even married the right guy. Not a good sign in the first few years of marriage. I don't think I wondered that until at least 5ys when the honeymoon glow had worn off!  LOL (btw, we are still married now for almost 30yrs) 

Archived