IGNORED

Seriously, Steve?

Palimpsest

On 8/29/2018 at 5:04 PM, Tatar-tot said:

Can someone let Steve know that climbing on rocks at his advanced age is extremely dangerous?  He could slip and crack his head open bleeding to death.   

I resemble that remark. I'm older than Steve and I do plenty of scrambles. I also carry Israeli bandages in my first aid, so if I fall I probably won't bleed to death.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

On 8/31/2018 at 7:46 PM, Black Aliss said:

I also carry Israeli bandages in my first aid, so if I fall I probably won't bleed to death.

What popped into my head was a Band-Aid patterned with the Israeli flag...I'm guessing this is not what you mean, tho. :D

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, scoutsadie said:

What popped into my head was a Band-Aid patterned with the Israeli flag...I'm guessing this is not what you mean, tho. :D

LOL. no. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Bandage  

I mostly carry one for when I'm hiking in areas where there are likely to be hunters or random gun nuts. (and, yes, for the former, I also wear an orange vest so I'm not mistaken for a bull elk) It would be kinda' overkill for a scalp wound where you can just use a wadded up t-shirt and apply pressure.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

From the latest silly Stevie:

May we live to please our Lord and fear grieving Him.

You can have that blow job on me,   Stevie.....

Edited by johnhugh
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:55 AM, Palimpsest said:

Indulge in no thrills.  Have no exhilaration.  Take no risks.  Steve says so.  I expect he shamed those dead dads publicly too.  No skiing, no motor bikes, no flying, no team sports ... and no mountain climbing?

I live not far from where the Maxwells "grace" themselves to our presence every year in Colorado. I have a lot of friends on Mountain Rescue, which is where they're called out to help people in the backcountry. They're all beer drinking, mostly pot smoking,  guys and gals (who wear pants) who love the mountains more than fundie Jesus. Climbing 14ers is DANGEROUS (I've climbed many) especially for people from lower elevations. I wonder if Steve would let his precious flock of a family be saved by these "heathens". They're free for most rescues (if you didn't do something illegal) and supported by the government and private fundraisers (mostly involving a lot of beer) His family in their skirts and being anti science flatlanders are more likely to be needing saved, Steevovah especially. Hmmm...

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Some Maxhellion has blotted their copybook with "good intentions."  Perhaps Steve is pissed because Chelsy announced her pregnancy on her blog.  Or pissed that she has a blog in the first place.  Melanie, NR Anna, and Elissa don't have their own blogs.

According to the rules of Maxhell, extended family news is scheduled to be shared by Sarah in her own time.  Elissa's pregnancy with Kyle was kept private until some bright leg-humper spotted that she was almost ready to pop.  It would have been ridiculous for Sarah to have denied Elissa was pregnant at that late stage, so she grudgingly "announced" it.

Or perhaps Steve is still perseverating about the Bonts scooping him on the engagement announcement.

GOOD INTENTIONS DON’T COUNT

This was posted on September 5, 2018 by Steve Maxwell.

Have you noticed the explanations that come after a problem or disobedience often concentrate on the person’s wonderful intentions?

Young or old, the perpetrator will reveal the most altruistic motives for having done it. Good intentions don’t count. The question is: What did we actually do?

No I can't say I've noticed that.  I have noticed that people say things like "I didn't mean to do any harm" when they are accused of wrongdoing.   

And if a person really didn't intend any harm it is very relevant.  Let's look at “intent” as an intentional tort.

Intentional torts are harmful acts that a person commits in one of the following three ways:

• Willfully, or intending to cause harm to someone or something;
  • Knowingly, or understanding that his actions may cause harm to someone or something; or
  • Recklessly, or without caring or bothering to find out that his actions may cause harm to someone or something.

The frame of mind a person must be in when he commits an intentional tort differs from the frame of mind required for negligence. In a negligence case, the injured person only needs to prove that the person who injured him failed to act with reasonable care to prevent the injury. In an intentional torts case, however, the injured person must prove that the person who injured him either meant to do it, understood it would happen, or threw all caution to the winds before acting.

See?  And in a sane world you also have to prove harm.

But Steve is in his usual judgmental mode.

Scripture is very clear on a myriad of commands. God calls us to obey Him, and when we don’t, there are consequences. May we dads set the example of obeying our Lord in all He commands us. A great summary is: May we live to please our Lord and fear grieving Him.

Yeah.  The God of the Old Testament is a quixotic, moody, and nasty old fart.  He makes up all sorts of rules and regulations and strikes some people down for the least little thing.  He also has lots of favorites.  Like King David who gets away with adultery and murder while poor Uzzah ...  

Uzzah loved the Lord as evidenced by his desire to not see the ark damaged by falling off the cart. Yet, despite his good intentions, disobedience cost him his life.

Steve

Struck dead as a doornail because he dared to stop a fancy box from falling off a cart.  God should have struck down the oxen who stumbled instead.   Or at least asked his intentions.

Steve's quote of the day.

“And when they came to Nachon’s threshingfloor, Uzzah put forth his hand to the ark of God, and took hold of it; for the oxen shook it. And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God smote him there for his error; and there he died by the ark of God.” (2 Samuel 6:6–7). 

My quotes of the day.

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." (Isaiah 1:18)

"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.  Review the past for me, let us argue the matter together; state the case for your innocence." (Isaiah 43:25-26)

But Steve should really focus on the Jesus of the New Testament. 

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:  Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again." (Luke 6:37-38) 

Edited by Palimpsest
  • Upvote 11

If, as Steve says, "good intentions don't count," what is he going to say when he gets to Christian Heaven and God asks him why he stunted his children?

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

On 7/6/2018 at 2:59 PM, Palimpsest said:

The Lord’s instructions to Saul were very clear, “Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass” (1 Samuel 15:3). It would have been extremely difficult to carry out this command, but the Lord was clear.

?  Please tell me there is audio somewhere of a fundy quoting this passage, I need to edit it so they say "slay ass." ?
..............     (I'll see myself to the prayer closet now.)   

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

Steve wants to blame victims.  God's Word cures everything, sissies.

WHICH IS IT?

This was posted on September 12, 2018 by Steve Maxwell.

Everyone has a past, and often their past is their future.

Deep, man.  But also know Steve assumes that everyone's past is Bad and Evil.

New choices made in the future will continue to resemble bad choices made in the past unless one confronts those choices and learns to make new decisions.

Yep.  If you have made less than optimal choices then it is a good idea to reassess and make different choices in the future.  

Your past will either dominate you and be a wall or be steps to facilitate you to new heights.

No brainer.

Either we will speak to ourselves victim stories or the truth of God’s Word.

And how about you look at yourself?  Steve, you repeat that victim story of being the child of not sufficiently "Christian" parents, and encourage your children bemoan the struggle you have had because (gasp) your parents divorced.  It happens.  A divorce may mean that people have made a bad decision in their choice of life partner.  Choosing to divorce may, in fact, be a good decision.

And what if people actually are victims, Stevie, and through no choices of their own?  They need to process having been a victim in order to become Survivors.

Victim stories cater to our pride. “It wasn’t my fault.” “What what else could I have done?”

Pride?  Victims' testimony is prideful?

Tell that to a child survivor of abuse.  Tell it to the Survivors on Recovering Grace.  Tell it to Gothard's victims.  Tell it to the victims of Gothard's victim blaming teachings, which I am sure Steve agree's with - lock, sock, and barrel.

Tell it to the Turpin children and adults.  Point out their "faults."

Tell it to the Willis children and adults.  They could have chosen not to have been born or chosen a different father.

Tell it to Steven Sitler's victims:  The teenage girl he raped; the wife your fellow Patriarch, Doug Wilson, encouraged to marry Sitler; and to Sitler's son whose mere infant existence caused Sitler to become sexually excited.  

Where is God's truth in all of this?  Willis and Sitler were professing Christians.  People like Sitler claimed to have received  Jesus - and fools like you and Doug Wison want to believe him.  

If embracing God’s truth, we are prepared to receive His grace. “But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive” (Genesis 50:20). God encourages (okay commands) us to follow Scripture at every junction.

Of course, Steve will argue that people who continue to make bad choices haven't repented properly.  They haven't received God's Grace.    

Even more important is that our example is being impressed upon our children. Will they be victims/losers or conquerors in Christ?

So victims are also losers?   Oh, FFS.  How dare you, Steve?  You are an arrogant ignorant idiot with poisonous ideas.  

(BTW, John the Baptist was a conqueror in Christ.)

Not sure why Steve's stream of conscience took him to John the Baptist.  Is Steve afraid that his humpers will think John a sinner and a loser because he got his head chopped off by Herod Antipas?  Steve has to clarify that John the Baptist was a conqueror.

Obligatory quote from Paul.  Steve adores Paul.  Romans 8:37-39  this time.  Nothing shall be able to separate people from the love of God. 

That is unless they are prideful victims/losers who can't figure out why Steve's wonderful God allowed them to be abused and tortured - sometimes in the name of Steve's God.

(Is there someone you should share this with?)

Steve

Yes.  I just did.  However, it was for the sole purpose of pointing out this latest example of  your theology and view of "Christianity" being pure judgmental poison, Steve. 

I know who the loser is here.  It is Steve.  He has less compassion, thoughtfulness and understanding than the average flea.  

Steve should re-examine all his own choices.  Perhaps if he did he might regret some of the decisions he has made. 

Oh, who am I kidding.  Steve believes he is perfect.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

And how about you look at yourself?  Steve, you repeat that victim story of being the child of not sufficiently "Christian" parents, and encourage your children bemoan the struggle you have had because (gasp) your parents divorced. 

You know Steve reminds me more and more of Arnold Rimmer, from Red Dwarf (UK comedy series from late 80s to mid 90s. And yes it's back again but I am ignoring that because series VIII pissed me off so much and I haven't watched it since.) Rimmer blames his parents for his lack of career advancement, oblivious to the fact that it is his own failings keeping him as a technician*.

"I didn't have the right nobby parents". "Well whose parents did you have then?"

Steve is a grown adult. He really needs to move on and forgive his parents, or at the least accept what happened and that his parents were, like himself, fallible human beings. But no, he's still blaming it all on not having the "right" Christian parents - so whose parents did you have then Steve? 

*I found the first book going into some of Rimmer's background quite sad actually - he was so desperate to gain his parents' approval that he forced himself into a career that was a terrible fit for him. And still failed in his attempt to get approval because it wasn't - and would never be - good enough. Rimmer was simultaneously the most irritating and most emotionally complex character in that series and a big part of why it worked on so many levels (before the writers went batshit. Grrr. Series I-VI are good, series VII bearable but don't bother past that.)

Edit: not blaming anyone for abuse etc they have suffered or suggesting they have to forgive anyone here. Just irritated by Steve and aiming thoughts solely at him. 

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

You know Steve reminds me more and more of Arnold Rimmer, from Red Dwarf (UK comedy series from late 80s to mid 90s. And yes it's back again but I am ignoring that because series VIII pissed me off so much and I haven't watched it since.) Rimmer blames his parents for his lack of career advancement, oblivious to the fact that it is his own failings keeping him as a technician*.

I agree with your assessment of Red Dwarf.  I loved the early series but it got really bad towards the end.  And, yes, Steve is Rimmer!

I am even more furious with Steve than usual.  How does he dare to diss real victims and survivors and call them losers.  Quite aside from his Gothardite connections, and we all know he would blame Gothard's victims for tempting the nasty pervert, he actually knows the Buckinghams and Hales.  Daddy Buckingham, much though I disagree with him about almost everything, is a much better Christian than Steve Maxwell.  He took in the Hales and gave them refuge.  I doubt he sat in judgement on them either.  The Hales are survivors and are apparently doing well today.

But Steve is sitting there telling people like the Hales that they are victims and losers who made bad choices when they allowed Papa Pilgrim to commit rape and incest, beat them, starve them, and emotionally abuse them. 

It boggles the mind.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Steve's latest. He's repeating himself again and I'm not sure where he got his statistics this time.  He probably pulled them out of his behind.

Are you ENSLAVED OR FREE?

No one wants to be overweight (>60%), indebted (>80%), or addicted. Then why does that describe the majority of adults in the US today?

In other words - are you fat, in debt, or addicted?  Unlike the sainted Steve.  No shit, Sherlock.  I'd rather not be any of those.  

Funny, Steve couldn't come up with a percentage for people who are addicted.  Probably anyone who watches TV is an addict in Steve's world.

One small, bad choice, then another, and another is how it begins. Those seemingly insignificant choices when chained together become enslaving habits.

I think Steve is addicted to Bible time and to preaching his so called wisdom to others.  I wonder whether he would get withdrawal symptoms if you took away his Bible and made him go cold turkey on preaching and nagging others for a whole month.  They seem like enslaving habits to me.

How much better to make small, good choices and reinforce them daily, to develop beneficial habits that free rather than enslave? Why not begin today by making good decisions in Bible reading, exercise, healthy eating, frugality, and wise time investment?

Healthy eating?  After seeing that chipped beef casserole recipe and Teri's layered salad concoction I think I could give Steve a few lessons on healthy eating.  And memo to Steve: fasting is a very bad way to lose weight.  

He also recently confessed to multitasking when it comes to praying and exercising at the same time.  Steve, dear, not everyone who has a growing family and a full-time job can "invest the time" in a 2 hour walk every day praying aloud with their beloved spouse.  Who would take care of the kids, for one thing?  How to get to work on time would be another.  And sleep is important too.

“All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any” (1 Corinthians 6:12).

I will not be brought under the power of Steve's silly laws.  

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

OF COURSE Bible reading is first in that list. This from the man who once said that reading the Bible is more important than cleaning your teeth. 

What a moron. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

OF COURSE Bible reading is first in that list. This from the man who once said that reading the Bible is more important than cleaning your teeth. 

Really he has said that. Why doesn’t it surprise me that he did. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

What a moron. 

"Moron" is being kind.  He's a hateful, fearful, egocentric ass and a waste of resources including protoplasm.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

On 4/30/2018 at 7:48 AM, nomoxian said:

I think they warp John 17-16 to say "be in the world but not of it" I remember that being a popular saying among the Mormons I grew up around (though to Steve, that sect is probably S*tanic)

In the world not of it is what I heard a million times from fundy lite family member.  It was to explain no Disney, no secular music, no Santa, no fairy tales...no references to magic of any kind even joking.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • Love 2

On 9/27/2018 at 12:47 PM, mango_fandango said:

What a moron. 

After all the money he & The Terifying One have invested in their children's 8 oversized palates? I call out Stevovah as a big, skinny, liar!!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

After all the money he & The Terifying One have invested in their children's 8 oversized palates? I call out Stevovah as a big, skinny, liar!!!!

Out of all 8 kids why was Jesse the only one not to get braces? 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Stevehovah saith "Have you noticed the explanations that come after a problem or disobedience often concentrate on the person’s wonderful intentions?"

Steve is such a passive aggressive, emotionally stunted, mean spirited little man. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

From his latest Seriously, "I study people. If I know you, I’m watching. I want to learn from anyone and everyone, and I compare what I observe to Scripture. There are good and bad examples to learn from. This has nothing to do with being judgmental and everything to do with learning."

First of all, creepy!  I mean really, he watches everything others do and compares it to Scripture?  Yeah, I want to hang out with him!  He sounds like a barrel of laughs.

And that not being judgemental remark?  That's bull.  This is the man who counted up the people in his doctor's waiting room who were overweight and reported back his findings in a post.  This is the man who harassed a poor Walmart cashier who said she was a Christian but admitted she wasn't "in the word" daily.  Not only did he harangue her, but, again, reported it all back to us in a post.  And let's not forget the post he did about the woman who bent forward and inadvertently allowed Steve to peek down her blouse (and her hubby who allowed her to dress like that).   And of course reported it all back to us in a post.

Yeah, no judgement there.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Steve must feel positively giddy with joy when he finds a new person or group he can judge.

Imagine how disappointing it would have been for him if the doctors office had been filled with slim people all reading their bibles. I am sure he would have found something else to feel spiritually superior about but what a pathetic way to live your life.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

slim people all reading their bibles.

One of them would be reading the wrong version and another would have contrasting buttons.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

From his latest Seriously, "I study people. If I know you, I’m watching. I want to learn from anyone and everyone, and I compare what I observe to Scripture. There are good and bad examples to learn from. This has nothing to do with being judgmental and everything to do with learning."

First of all, creepy!  I mean really, he watches everything others do and compares it to Scripture?  Yeah, I want to hang out with him!  He sounds like a barrel of laughs.

And that not being judgemental remark?  That's bull.  This is the man who counted up the people in his doctor's waiting room who were overweight and reported back his findings in a post.  This is the man who harassed a poor Walmart cashier who said she was a Christian but admitted she wasn't "in the word" daily.  Not only did he harangue her, but, again, reported it all back to us in a post.  And let's not forget the post he did about the woman who bent forward and inadvertently allowed Steve to peek down her blouse (and her hubby who allowed her to dress like that).   And of course reported it all back to us in a post.

I'm glad I don't know Steve in real life. He sounds sooo creepy. And scary.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, kpmom said:

It is a real gem, isn't it?

And it was late.  Sarah has praised Steve for being so "faithful to" email his crapola every week, but this was not the first time that he was late on posting for the Polloi.  (But he always fudges the dates.  'Cos Steve is smart like that.)

I study people. If I know you, I’m watching. I want to learn from anyone and everyone, and I compare what I observe to Scripture.

Dear Rufus, Steve,  I watch you and compare you to Scripture and find you .... lacking.

There are good and bad examples to learn from. This has nothing to do with being judgmental and everything to do with learning.

It has everything to do with being judgmental - and I would rejoice if I ever saw Steve learning.

One thing I’ve observed (of many) is that the believer who seeks as much freedom “in Christ,” as he can have, will likely have a dismal and unproductive future because his life is wrapped up in himself. “Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness” (Romans 6:16)?

One thing I have noticed about Steve - his whole life is absorbed and wrapped up in STEVE! 

Himself.  His offspring.  His extraordinary RIGHTNESS!

And yet his life seems rather sad.  He has supposedly  'launched" his sons (although Jesse is still rather unknown) and time will tell.

But his daughters are still at home.  Not looking for independence, or careers, and possibly some may have given up on Prince Charming.

If you want a fruitful life in Christ, deny yourself, and take up your cross as you follow Him. Sure doesn’t sound like freedom does it? But it is.

Have you really, truly, asked Sarah about this, Steve?  She is in her late 30s and still serving at home.  Taking up her cross, denying herself  ... because Teri and Steve can't do without her and have suffocated her choices!

And what about the other daughters?

“For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another” (Galatians 5:13).

Enough with the brethren crap. 

STEVE, by your own admission, your daughters serve STEVE. 

Not one another or the rest of the world.  They serve STEVE's ego alone.  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic