IGNORED

Doug Wilson Has Cancer of the Saliva Gland

DomWackTroll

I’m a terrible human being because I read this as cancer of the mouth and my brain went ... places.

My dislike of him aside, I hope he has a good outcome.

One does wonder how emotions metastasise to spread literal cancer though. Also, too many words Doug. Too many words.

Head and neck cancers can be a bitch.  when I worked Onc/Palliative, so many of our head and neck cancer patients ended up being admitted because the treatment for it is so harsh on the body.  Radiation poisoning anyone?

I can be sympathetic to anyone who has cancer but man,  this is pure whack job stuff.  The cancer is being obedient to God?  Seriously?  I'm sure that's going to be comfort to my hospice patients who are dying of mets.  I'll rush right out and thell them "Your cancer is just being obedient to God".  Yeah no.  

Although I don't agree with it, I think I know what he's trying to say,  plus, why doesn't he just say it in a few sentences, like, I believe God controls single thing, therefore, I must be obedient to his will and accept all things with good grace. 

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Although I don't agree with it, I think I know what he's trying to say,  plus, why doesn't he just say it in a few sentences, like, I believe God controls single thing, therefore, I must be obedient to his will and accept all things with good grace. 

Thank you for your version. Now I don’t have to go to his site to wade through it all. 

10 hours ago, Howl said:

plus, why doesn't he just say it in a few sentences

Doug Wilson couldn't order a McDonald's hamburger in a few sentences. 

Only Doug Wilson could sound so obnoxious while making the announcement that he has a cancerous tumor.

So we are asking for your prayers, and we really appreciate them. We want to be faithful clean through this particular affliction, and as the Lord gives opportunity, one of my applications will be this: type faster. If you would, please pray that I would be able to do that.

I might pray that he uses many fewer words and types more slowly.  He's poisonous.

Roger Ebert fought a long and very courageous battle with recurring cancer of the salivary glands.  I would never wish that on anyone.

When I was doing practical work during my teaching training I was counselled by a teacher who had survived cancer to his saliva gland. He had a nasty scar on his cheek and some muscle damage and had not yet been fully declared cancer free but had at that time gone several years with no problems. He was able to work and live normally though.

"We want to be faithful clean through this particular affliction, and as the Lord gives opportunity, one of my applications will be this: type faster."

If someone told me that was written by Sarah Maxwell I would believe it.

I don't get it. If the cancer is there because it is obedient to the Lord how does he justify removing it?

6 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

"We want to be faithful clean through this particular affliction, and as the Lord gives opportunity, one of my applications will be this: type faster."

If someone told me that was written by Sarah Maxwell I would believe it.

I actually thought I was on the Bro Gary thread for a minute. :pb_lol:

Sometimes this cancer removal causes scarring to the face or neck area. I've always thought DW a vain man. Now I wonder how he will deal with the scarring afterwards even if he becomes cancer free and well again. 

• 3 weeks later...

So the prayer request at this point would be that we could just be done with this little distracting episode, and I might go back to the much more gratifying task of using perfectly reasonable sentiments to cause certain constituencies to start barking at the moon.

Most people would get the message and decide not to tempt fate; DW is going right back to taunting, insulting and indulging in general assholery.  Got it. 

I was really hoping that during this trying time an angel might swoop down from heaven and whisper sweetly in DW's ear "slavery was actually not that great" but... OK, I guess not.

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Most people would get the message and decide not to tempt fate; DW is going right back to taunting, insulting and indulging in general assholery.  Got it. 

Too much to hope that the surgery would do any good, I suppose.

Growing up, we received the Credenda/Agenda magazine every time Doug Wilson published it. My parents thought he was a great theologian. Now, reading his update on the cancer surgery, I feel like it's the most obnoxious cancer surgery update in the history of time. That man is so full of himself, and it shows with every sentence he writes. 

I went for my twice yearly dentist visit two weeks ago.  My dentist always checks the inside of my mouth with a visual inspection and then runs her finger around the inside and outside of the teeth and feels under both jaws and checks neck lymph nodes, which I assume would be one way that these types of cancers are discovered. 

Doug's surgery was outpatient, so one assumes they got all of it and it was small.  On the other hand, it's very very close to lymph nodes.  Wonder if they'll get the begging bowl out for surgical costs like they did for his son, who, IIRC, went to California for his surgery. 

DW is an awful person.  I can' muster any sympathy for him. 

Archived