IGNORED

Televangelist wife says Jesus is the flu shot

Chicken bones

I'm not even sure where to start with this one!  Is she nuts? She's very dangerous, at the least. She sounds like some of the Christian Scientist believers.  I suppose cancer doesn't exist so my mother in law was just making it up for attention (she's cured), and that I don't really have asthma and my daughter doesn't either? I suppose the polio that crippled an aunt of mine was imaginary, too.

Chicken bones, I'm Texan too.

I like the person who said, "If you have a temp of 103, you also know that God gave us modern medicine."

Uuuuggh. A advisor to Trump?! I should not be surprised. The story is gaining traction nationally too now. This lady chaps my hide.

As someone who has personally taken care of a patient who died of the flu, I’m completely disgusted and saddened by her remarks. Not only is that a woefully ignorant thing to say, but her comments can have a deadly effect on others who listen to her.

The case I was involved in was the most tragic and traumatic of my career. I wouldn’t wish that kind of death on anybody.

5 hours ago, Four is Enough said:

I like the person who said, "If you have a temp of 103, you also know that God gave us modern medicine."

Agreed. It's so bizarre to me how people can hold a belief that modern medicine is bad but also that everyone's talents are God-given, which indicates to me that doctors'/nurses' skills are gifts from God. 

We're so lucky to have the sort of diagnostics/testing, surgeries, medicines, healthcare equipment and facilities, etc. that are available today. Whether or not someone believes it's from God, from mankind, or a combination... why would people discourage others from seeking affordable and accessible care like the flu shot? 

Also, a family member of mine was in the hospital last week for surgery. It was shocking to see how many patients there were suffering from the flu.

@December, I agree. I had the flu while two of my loved ones were in the hospital (for other things), and the family appreciated my staying away.

I'm going to quote someone on the Snopes board:

The Word of God says GET THE DAMN SHOT YOU IDIOT!

Yeah her daddy is too good to even fly first class, let alone coach cause Jeeeezus doesn't want him flying with the rabble.

You'd think she would have learned something from the big measles breakout at their church a while back.:pb_rollseyes:

I read a story about a man here in Texas who has been hospitalized with the flu and pneumonia. He's had to have both feet and nine of his fingers amputated. :pb_sad:

"Daddy's going to get new legs. He's going to get 'Iron Man' legs."

That's what Fort Worth residents Jaye and Brian Herndon are telling their children, 5 and 2, after Brian's bout with pneumonia and the flu required amputation of his feet and nine fingers.

"They have seen him. They know what Daddy's lost," Jaye Herndon told the Star-Telegram. "But that doesn't change anything about who he is or what he means to us or his role in our family."

On Jan. 3, Brian, 51, had a low-grade fever. On Jan. 4, it was running higher, and by 6 p.m. Jaye had taken her husband to the hospital. By 7:30 p.m., tests revealed he had pneumonia.

The next day, Jan. 5, when the family learned that his pneumonia had combined with this year's particularly deadly flu virus, he was in septic shock.

Doctors detected no pulse in his feet for a few days. That's when they knew they'd have to amputate. Two weeks later, doctors at Dallas' Baylor University Medical Center had to take both of Brian's feet and nine of his 10 fingers.

He had developed something called disseminated intravascular coagulopathy. The condition causes micro-clots in a patient's bloodstream, affecting blood flow starting with the fingers and feet.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article198613644.html

A friend of mine lost his son to the flu a few years back (the year that H1N1 hit really big.) That someone seems to think an 8-year-old child died because he didn't have enough Jesus in his life just infuriates me.

I can't believe Gloria and Kenneth are still going, honestly.  I used to watch them with morbid fascination like 25 years ago.  I don't want to think about the bill for all the plastic surgery she's probably had.  

7 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I can't believe Gloria and Kenneth are still going, honestly.  I used to watch them with morbid fascination like 25 years ago.  I don't want to think about the bill for all the plastic surgery she's probably had.  

I'm confused. Why wouldn't she just pray the wrinkles away? 

She should also pray to Jesus to take away her grey and thinning hair (because I recall in the 90's it was thicker) and her need for overdone makeup.

But Jesus is the flu shot? We all know that she'd be heading to her doctor if she got the flu, influenza, pneumonia, etc.  It's one of, do as I say, not as I do.  At least that's how the Copelands have always come across to me.

I always felt like doctors, nurses, etc., are given their talent by God so why should I not go to the doctor if I need to? That includes flu shots, too.

5 hours ago, Briefly said:

I always felt like doctors, nurses, etc., are given their talent by God so why should I not go to the doctor if I need to? That includes flu shots, too.

All Christians I know feel the same. I've never met someone in real life that believes in prayer over medicine. They all do both. Modern medicine + prayer = best they can do for a loved one. And I find nothing wrong with that. 

23 hours ago, December said:

Agreed. It's so bizarre to me how people can hold a belief that modern medicine is bad but also that everyone's talents are God-given, which indicates to me that doctors'/nurses' skills are gifts from God. 

We're so lucky to have the sort of diagnostics/testing, surgeries, medicines, healthcare equipment and facilities, etc. that are available today. Whether or not someone believes it's from God, from mankind, or a combination... why would people discourage others from seeking affordable and accessible care like the flu shot? 

Also, a family member of mine was in the hospital last week for surgery. It was shocking to see how many patients there were suffering from the flu.

My pulmonologist says that his worst fear is an outbreak of flu that is as deadly as the Spanish flu.

Forgive me if I've said this before.  Senior moments, etc.

2 hours ago, Granwych said:

My pulmonologist says that his worst fear is an outbreak of flu that is as deadly as the Spanish flu.

Forgive me if I've said this before.  Senior moments, etc.

I agree, that would be devastating.

On 08/02/2018 at 3:10 PM, scribble said:

A friend of mine lost his son to the flu a few years back (the year that H1N1 hit really big.) That someone seems to think an 8-year-old child died because he didn't have enough Jesus in his life just infuriates me.

A friend's 8 year old niece died this year from the strain that was going around. No underlying respiratory issues, just had a 'cold', deteriorated rapidly and died in intensive care about three days later. Yeah 'infuriates' is about where I'm at with these numbskull attitudes too.

Archived