IGNORED

The Don Lemon Appreciation Thread

Destiny

If you are not watching Don Lemon on CNN, catch the rerun later. He's out of fucks to give for the Orange Menace, and it's a thing of beauty. He sent a bless your heart out in his opening monologue. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 4

Wow, he is completely out of fucks to give. I want to have his babies or something. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I haven't watched yet but I'm real excited to because Don Lemon has just totally improved in the last few years and I'm now here for his calling out self.

• I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I fucking LOVE him. I'd have his babies if he asked. I have no idea (nor do I give a fuck) if he'd be interested, but if he showed up and said I want you now, I'd put out because damn, his brain is sexy.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I fucking LOVE him.

This was exactly, word for word, what I was thinking while watching the clips posted above. I've never watched him before, but damn, he is fucking amazing.

Thank you all for posting this.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

I really like Don. I watch his show most nights. And I appreciate that he calls out "guests" who are spouting "talking points" that have no basis in reality.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

The way that Don shut down John Fredericks' attempt to reframe the discussion was nothing short of masterful.  

In addition to Don Lemon, the other three awesome people on that panel are ON FIRE.  Will DVR Don's show, starting today!  Hubs already watches Jake Tapper; this will be a great addition.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, Howl said:

The way that Don shut down John Fredericks' attempt to reframe the discussion was nothing short of masterful. 

Here's a video of Don shutting him down. And like Scott Dworkin says, this should be done more and more. Stop giving them airtime to express their abhorrent and aberrant views.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

The second John Fredericks uttered the words "easy and lazy", he was DOA, but obviously just didn't know it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I only have basic cable so I don't get CNN.  I haven't actually watched him before although I am aware of him. I loved this especially because he used a word that comes to my mind all the time: vile. Dumpy is just that, vile. And his supporters are vile.

He also kind of clarified something for me. Dumpy can't be anything but racist. He is obsessed with himself, thinks he is better than anyone else, so if you don't look like him you are less than him. Even Ivanka is not quite as great as he is. He has no empathy, no concern for anyone but himself. If he woke up tomorrow as a black woman, boy, would his rhetoric change.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

My new must see TV has to be Dom. 

"CNN anchor Don Lemon was astounded that President Donald Trump could in all seriousness pay homage to civil rights icon Martin Luther King Jr. a day after the president referred to Haiti and African nations as “shithole” countries.

“Kind of makes your skin crawl,” said Lemon, who contrasted Trump’s words honoring King on Friday to the president’s “disgraceful, racist” comments Thursday."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/skin-crawl-trump-donlemon_us_5a598da3e4b03c418965bdfe

Edited by WiseGirl
Add text
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3

I was shocked when I learned that Don is in his 50's. I would have thought he was much younger.

Whatttt? Seriously? I thought he was mid-30’s! Mind. Blown.
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

So did I! But he'll be 52 in March.

And alas, his sexy brainy self is never going to want me. First Anderson, now Don. At least I still have John Oliver's brain to lust after (and honestly, I find his geeky looks kind of sexy.)

I totally googled because I thought it was impossible that we were talking about the same Don.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Destiny said:

And alas, his sexy brainy self is never going to want me. First Anderson, now Don. At least I still have John Oliver's brain to lust after (and honestly, I find his geeky looks kind of sexy.)

I totally googled because I thought it was impossible that we were talking about the same Don.

Yes, and he's taken anyway. Did you see the video of him and his boyfriend on NYE? http://people.com/tv/don-lemon-kisses-boyfriend-new-years-cnn/

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Yes, and he's taken anyway. Did you see the video of him and his boyfriend on NYE? http://people.com/tv/don-lemon-kisses-boyfriend-new-years-cnn/

I awwww they are adorable. I love seeing new love. I didn't watch CNN this year, though I vaguely remember drunk!Don from 16-17. He was adorable. I really love him and his no fucks left to go give, no apologies for calling out evil attitude. 

My mind remains blown that he's in his 50s though. WOW. 

• Upvote 6

If you are not watching Don right now, turn it on immediately. He's on fucking FIRE.

Don's still on fire, on Wednesday night!  He's talking about Trump's physical results.  He had a coronary calcium test in 2003, 2009, and now.  His scores were 34 and 98 in the past, but is now 133.  Here's what that means:

https://www.docsopinion.com/2014/08/19/coronary-calcium-score/

Coronary Calcium Score Interpretation

Based on a number of studies, the following definitions are used to relate the coronary artery calcium score to the extent of atherosclerotic coronary artery disease:

Coronary calcium score 0: No identifiable plaque. Risk of coronary artery disease very low (<5%)

Coronary calcium score 1-10: Mild identifiable plaque. Risk of coronary artery disease low (<10%)

Coronary calcium score 11-100: Definite, at least mild atherosclerotic plaque. Mild or minimal coronary narrowings likely.

Coronary calcium score 101-400: Definite, at least moderate atherosclerotic plaque. Mild coronary artery disease highly likely. Significant narrowings possible

Coronary calcium score > 400: Extensive atherosclerotic plaque. High likelihood of at least one significant coronary narrowing.

Of course Fox News is all about Trump's "excellent" health, and how the MSM refuses to believe a credible doctor. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

On 1/13/2018 at 4:03 PM, Destiny said:

Keith Olberman: My future husband.

• Upvote 4

This convo is nuts.
The guest's message: Trump is not a racist, because he thinks all those racist things because he's stupid and ignorant. Trump is not a racist because he's a genius that taps into the white people racist fears.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • Love 1