IGNORED

Mass shootings and gun violence are happening way too often

fraurosena

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"A lawmaker’s aide called school-shooting survivors crisis actors. Within hours, he was fired."

Hide contents

A Florida legislator’s aide was fired Tuesday after claiming two survivors of the Parkland high school shooting were not students, but instead “actors that travel to various crisis when they happen.”

Benjamin Kelly, who worked as district secretary for state Rep. Shawn Harrison (R-Tampa), sent an email to a Tampa Bay Times reporter about Emma Gonzalez and David Hogg, two Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School students who had given an interview to CNN.

Gonzalez and Hogg survived the Valentine’s Day massacre at the school that left 17 people dead and dozens of others wounded. Appearing on CNN early Monday morning, the students called for disbanding the NRA and for stricter gun-control laws.

“The fact that you were in power for so long, that you had so much influence for so long in America just goes to show how much time and effort we still need to spend on fixing our country,” Gonzalez said of the NRA. “And gun control is just the first thing right now.”

... < video >

According to the Tampa Bay Times, Kelly sent an email to the newspaper’s Washington bureau chief, Alex Leary, writing that the two teens “are not students here but actors that travel to various crisis when they happen.”

When the Times asked Kelly to support his claim, he sent a link to a YouTube conspiracy video about Hogg.

“There is a clip on you tube that shows Mr. Hogg out in California. (I guess he transferred?),” Kelly said in the email, according to the newspaper.

An article published in the Coral Springs Talk on Feb. 8, six days before the shooting, named Hogg as a senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas and featured a documentary he made about efforts by astronomy students to launch a weather balloon and an attached craft into space. Gonzalez was featured in the video as the project’s tracking team leader.

After the exchange with Kelly, the Times contacted Harrison, who said: “If my aide disparaged a student from Parkland who is grieving then I will deal most strongly with my aide. … Clearly it was inappropriate for him to send that.”

On Tuesday afternoon, Harrison tweeted that Kelly was put on leave.

Less than two hours later, he said that Kelly had been fired. Harrison also apologized to grieving families for Kelly’s comments.

... < tweets >

Florida House Speaker Richard Corcoran said he was “shocked and angry” after reading Kelly’s comments.

Corcoran, a Republican, said he fired Kelly, with Harrison’s “full support.”

“On behalf of the entire Florida House, I sincerely apologize to the students targeted and again commend them for their courage through this unspeakable tragedy,” Corcoran tweeted.

Kelly also took to Twitter, and said he had made a mistake.

“I’ve been terminated from the State House,” he wrote. “I made a mistake whereas I tried to inform a reporter of information relating to his story regarding a school shooting. This was not my responsibility. I meant no disrespect to the students or parents of Parkland.”

He later tweeted: “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

His Twitter account later appeared to have been deleted altogether.

... < tweet from Rubio >

I'm not impressed some low level hack was canned. My first reaction was, yea so? The president's son re-tweets and likes tweets about one of the survivors being coached by the FBI. His daddy, made the deaths of children all about him. So, yea, while I think the staffer should have been fired, there are so many more at the top who will keep on spewing their poison.

On another note.  I heard helicopters flying back and forth over my neighborhood a little bit ago but I didn't see anything out side. This was right about the time I saw the news flash about a high school in my country and the kids who walked out. I'm wondering if the kids at my local HS are also walking out.

In November 2016 they did that very thing. A throng of kids took over the streets around where I live to denounce Trump.  It gave me the chills (in a good way) and warmed my heart.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pennsylvania Church to Bless Couples Toting AR-15 Rifles

A Pennsylvania-based offshoot of the Unification Church is encouraging couples to bring their AR-15 rifles with them to a commitment ceremony in the Pocono Mountains, a half-mile from an elementary school.

World Peace and Unification Sanctuary in Newfoundland said it planned the Feb. 28 ceremony months ago, well before last week's massacre at a Florida high school. Authorities say the alleged gunman used an AR-15 in the attack that killed 17.

Tim Elder, the Unification Sanctuary's director of world missions, said Tuesday the church believes the AR-15 symbolizes the "rod of iron" mentioned in the Bible's apocalyptic book of Revelation.

The church website directs couples to show up to the ceremony with an AR-15 "or equivalents such as an AK semiautomatic rifle, representing both the intent and the ability to defend one's family, community ... "

The church is down the road from Wallenpaupack South Elementary School, and some parents expressed alarm at the planned ceremony.

"It's something I would consider keeping my child home. It's scary," parent Liz Zoccola told WNEP-TV.

"I wish they wouldn't have it at all. I don't think there's a good time to have it, especially this close," Kendra Hanor, another parent, told the station.

Elder told the AP that the weapons will be unloaded, secured with zip ties and checked at the door. He said the church did not consider canceling or moving the ceremony.

"Now more than ever, good people need to stand up and claim for themselves the tools that can be used to stop that kind of evil," he said.

State police are aware of the event but do not plan to send any troopers to it, since the church is breaking no law, Trooper Mark Keyes said Tuesday.

The Unification Sanctuary's leader, the Rev. Sean Moon, is the son of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, a self-proclaimed messiah who founded the Unification Church, which is often described as a cult.

The Pennsylvania offshoot is a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment. Unification Sanctuary operates a group called Rod of Iron Ministries, which is hosting a "President Trump Thank You Dinner" on Saturday — a fundraiser for Gun Owners of America.

The Rev. Sean Moon's brother founded Kahr Arms, a gun manufacturer.

Jesus Fucking Christ

The kids who didn't march are sanding strong as well

More:

Look at these two young women. Look at them and have a tiny bit of hope that these faces and these voices will carry on. These faces and these voices...these hearts and souls will lead the way.

One of the kids was on TV this morning taking about meeting with FL legislators. He said Democrats listened, supported them and told them they were proud of them. Rethugs told them they were just kids and didn't understand how things work and to go away.

And as for this assistant with his vile lies about these kids, how did he get that job to begin with? Notice he didn't apologize for what he said or say it was wrong.

39 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

The kids who didn't march are sanding strong as well

More:

Look at these two young women. Look at them and have a tiny bit of hope that these faces and these voices will carry on. These faces and these voices...these hearts and souls will lead the way.

Why, @onekidanddone, they've turned you into an optimist...

Welcome to the bright side! :happy-sunshine:

HLN - nothing but the kids talking. They're not shutting up, they're mad. And the FL legislature isn't making it better. How will the right claim that ALL of these kids are paid actors?

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

I continue to be impressed by the students from Parkland: "‘I am not a crisis actor’: Florida teens fire back at right-wing conspiracy theorists"

Spoiler

< video >

Welcome, Parkland shooting survivors, to the ugly world of politics in 2018.

In the aftermath of last week’s school shooting in Parkland, Fla., some of the most powerful testimonies have come from the teenagers who survived the rampage. They have repeatedly detailed their harrowing experience to national news networks, many calling for stricter gun control laws while decrying President Trump for not doing enough to protect students. Others have wept with grief while telling their stories again and again.

The students have become a mobilizing force unlike any seen after previous mass shootings, planning marches and rallies in Florida and Washington — all while mourning the friends they’ve so recently lost.

They have also become a target of right-wing smears and innuendo.

Some prominent figures in the right-wing media are suggesting that the students are making it all up, or that the children are paid actors or that their talking points have been manufactured by public relations experts on the left.

An aide to a Florida legislator was even fired Tuesday after claiming two survivors who spoke to CNN were not students, but instead “actors that travel to various crisis when they happen.”

While these claims have no basis, they spread quickly in conservative circles on social media and among popular right-wing commentators.

The students proved quite capable of defending themselves Tuesday.

“I am not a crisis actor. I’m somebody that had to witness this and live through this and I continue to have to do that,” 17-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior David Hogg told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “The fact that some of the students at Stoneman Douglas high school … are showing more maturity and political action than many of our elected officials is a testament to how disgusting and broken our political system is right now in America. But we’re trying to fix that.”

... < video >

He was quickly backed up by fellow students. Sarah Chadwick, for example, tweeted that Hogg “can’t act to save his life,” she wrote, adding that the fact some people think he is being paid “is hilarious.”

Hogg, the high school’s student news director, has been among the most vocal students. He interviewed his classmates during the shooting, and has spoken passionately to various news outlets in the days since.

But right-wing media websites, such as Infowars, have attacked Hogg for becoming an “overnight celebrity” of the left.

Hogg has described his father as a retired FBI agent — a detail that right-wing commentators have jumped on. An Infowars story called it a “peculiar coincidence” that his father is a retired FBI agent, as “the FBI has come under fire for not preventing the Parkland massacre despite being warned about suspected killer Nikolas Cruz repeatedly beforehand.”

The president’s son Donald Trump Jr. liked two tweets disseminating conspiracy theories about Hogg. One tweet linked to a story in Gateway Pundit that accused Hogg’s father of coaching his son in peddling “anti-Trump rhetoric and anti-gun legislation,” claiming the FBI is using Hogg as its pawn.

The other tweet linked to a story in True Pundit that described Hogg as “the kid who has been running his mouth” about Trump and Republicans. “If Hogg knew the shooter would snap — as he and other students have professed — perhaps he could have told his father about it,” the story charged.

These conspiracy theories attacking the FBI parallel similar rhetoric from right-wing groups — and Trump — who have claimed the FBI is tainted with political, anti-Trump bias.

Gateway Pundit and Infowars both criticized Hogg and other students for smiling for a photograph on the set of a CBS interview, claiming that instead of grieving they are “acting and being feted like rock stars.”

Infowars’ attack was no surprise. Its founder, Alex Jones, claimed the Sandy Hook school shooting in 2012 that claimed the lives of 20 small children and six adults, was a false flag operation perpetrated by the United States government. “Sandy Hook is a synthetic completely fake with actors, in my view, manufactured,” he said on his radio show in January 2015.

Some, like conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, mocked the Florida teenagers. “How interesting to hear students who can’t support themselves for one day giving us lectures about American social policy,” he tweeted early on Tuesday. It was liked more than 22,000 times.

A few hours later, he tweeted a video interview with 17-year-old Delaney Tarr, a senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School who has emerged as one of the loudest voices calling for gun control in the wake of the shooting. In the video, she directly addressed Trump and requested greater restrictions on the purchase of semiautomatic weapons, such as mental health checks.

D’Souza said Tarr appeared “coached and also a bit deranged,” adding that Trump “should ignore these media-manufactured theatrics.”

And when the Florida House rejected a motion to consider a bill that would ban the sale of assault rifles, he tweeted, “Adults 1, kids 0.”

He followed that with a photo of students reacting to the decision. The students are stone-faced in the photograph, and one has a hand to her mouth, as if to hold in crying.

“Worst news since their parents told them to get summer jobs,” D’Souza tweeted. Hours later, he added, “Genuine grief I can empathize with. But grief organized for the cameras — politically orchestrated grief — strikes me as phony & inauthentic.”

Armond White — the National Review’s film critic drummed up a Trumpian nickname for the students: “Parkland Puppets.”

“Why their ubiquitous presence on TV news shows? Who’s their publicist?” he tweeted, along with a photograph of Hogg and 18-year-old Emma Gonzalez. “Obviously not just being picked up off the street, no 16-year-old has quick access to network news producers. Clearly, some PR exec is handling these Alt-Left kids.” (Neither student pictured is 16 years old.)

Bill O’Reilly, the former Fox News host, disgraced by a sexual abuse scandal, criticized the media for broadcasting interviews with teenagers “who are in an emotional state and facing extreme peer pressure.”

“The national press believes it is their job to destroy the Trump administration by any means necessary,” he wrote on his website. “So if the media has to use kids to do that, they’ll use kids.”

Former congressman Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) on Sunday tweeted a USA Today story about the student organizers helping lead a nationwide student walkout in protest of America’s gun laws, adding the message: “O really? ‘Students’ are planning a nationwide rally? Not left wing gun control activists using 17yr kids in the wake of a horrible tragedy?”

Kingston then appeared on CNN’s “New Day” Tuesday and doubled down on his remarks.

“Do we really think — and I say this sincerely — do we really think that 17-year-olds on their own are going to plan a nationwide rally?” Kingston asked, adding, “They probably do not have the logistical ability to plan a nationwide rally without it being hijacked by groups that already had the preexisting anti-gun agenda.”

The show’s co-host Alisyn Camerota fiercely disagreed.

“I talked to these kids before they knew the body count of how many of their friends had been killed. No one had talked to them yet,” Camerota said. “They hadn’t been indoctrinated by some left-wing group. They were motivated from what they saw and what they endured.”

Brandon Abzug, a Marjory Stoneman Douglas senior who survived the shooting, then appeared on CNN and said of the former representative’s comments, “I think it’s very despicable. … To say that just because we’re young we can’t make a difference is not right and he should apologize for that.”

Kingston began backtracking on Twitter, saying that “not only do I respect their right to protest & their resolve to look for answers, I admire it” and that’s “why it’s sad local gun control activists would hijack the tragedy to drive their own agenda.”

I think D’Souza and Kingston need to take a long walk off a short pier.

11 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I continue to be impressed by the students from Parkland: "‘I am not a crisis actor’: Florida teens fire back at right-wing conspiracy theorists"

Reveal hidden contents

< video >

Welcome, Parkland shooting survivors, to the ugly world of politics in 2018.

In the aftermath of last week’s school shooting in Parkland, Fla., some of the most powerful testimonies have come from the teenagers who survived the rampage. They have repeatedly detailed their harrowing experience to national news networks, many calling for stricter gun control laws while decrying President Trump for not doing enough to protect students. Others have wept with grief while telling their stories again and again.

The students have become a mobilizing force unlike any seen after previous mass shootings, planning marches and rallies in Florida and Washington — all while mourning the friends they’ve so recently lost.

They have also become a target of right-wing smears and innuendo.

Some prominent figures in the right-wing media are suggesting that the students are making it all up, or that the children are paid actors or that their talking points have been manufactured by public relations experts on the left.

An aide to a Florida legislator was even fired Tuesday after claiming two survivors who spoke to CNN were not students, but instead “actors that travel to various crisis when they happen.”

While these claims have no basis, they spread quickly in conservative circles on social media and among popular right-wing commentators.

The students proved quite capable of defending themselves Tuesday.

“I am not a crisis actor. I’m somebody that had to witness this and live through this and I continue to have to do that,” 17-year-old Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School senior David Hogg told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “The fact that some of the students at Stoneman Douglas high school … are showing more maturity and political action than many of our elected officials is a testament to how disgusting and broken our political system is right now in America. But we’re trying to fix that.”

... < video >

He was quickly backed up by fellow students. Sarah Chadwick, for example, tweeted that Hogg “can’t act to save his life,” she wrote, adding that the fact some people think he is being paid “is hilarious.”

Hogg, the high school’s student news director, has been among the most vocal students. He interviewed his classmates during the shooting, and has spoken passionately to various news outlets in the days since.

But right-wing media websites, such as Infowars, have attacked Hogg for becoming an “overnight celebrity” of the left.

Hogg has described his father as a retired FBI agent — a detail that right-wing commentators have jumped on. An Infowars story called it a “peculiar coincidence” that his father is a retired FBI agent, as “the FBI has come under fire for not preventing the Parkland massacre despite being warned about suspected killer Nikolas Cruz repeatedly beforehand.”

The president’s son Donald Trump Jr. liked two tweets disseminating conspiracy theories about Hogg. One tweet linked to a story in Gateway Pundit that accused Hogg’s father of coaching his son in peddling “anti-Trump rhetoric and anti-gun legislation,” claiming the FBI is using Hogg as its pawn.

The other tweet linked to a story in True Pundit that described Hogg as “the kid who has been running his mouth” about Trump and Republicans. “If Hogg knew the shooter would snap — as he and other students have professed — perhaps he could have told his father about it,” the story charged.

These conspiracy theories attacking the FBI parallel similar rhetoric from right-wing groups — and Trump — who have claimed the FBI is tainted with political, anti-Trump bias.

Gateway Pundit and Infowars both criticized Hogg and other students for smiling for a photograph on the set of a CBS interview, claiming that instead of grieving they are “acting and being feted like rock stars.”

Infowars’ attack was no surprise. Its founder, Alex Jones, claimed the Sandy Hook school shooting in 2012 that claimed the lives of 20 small children and six adults, was a false flag operation perpetrated by the United States government. “Sandy Hook is a synthetic completely fake with actors, in my view, manufactured,” he said on his radio show in January 2015.

Some, like conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza, mocked the Florida teenagers. “How interesting to hear students who can’t support themselves for one day giving us lectures about American social policy,” he tweeted early on Tuesday. It was liked more than 22,000 times.

A few hours later, he tweeted a video interview with 17-year-old Delaney Tarr, a senior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School who has emerged as one of the loudest voices calling for gun control in the wake of the shooting. In the video, she directly addressed Trump and requested greater restrictions on the purchase of semiautomatic weapons, such as mental health checks.

D’Souza said Tarr appeared “coached and also a bit deranged,” adding that Trump “should ignore these media-manufactured theatrics.”

And when the Florida House rejected a motion to consider a bill that would ban the sale of assault rifles, he tweeted, “Adults 1, kids 0.”

He followed that with a photo of students reacting to the decision. The students are stone-faced in the photograph, and one has a hand to her mouth, as if to hold in crying.

“Worst news since their parents told them to get summer jobs,” D’Souza tweeted. Hours later, he added, “Genuine grief I can empathize with. But grief organized for the cameras — politically orchestrated grief — strikes me as phony & inauthentic.”

Armond White — the National Review’s film critic drummed up a Trumpian nickname for the students: “Parkland Puppets.”

“Why their ubiquitous presence on TV news shows? Who’s their publicist?” he tweeted, along with a photograph of Hogg and 18-year-old Emma Gonzalez. “Obviously not just being picked up off the street, no 16-year-old has quick access to network news producers. Clearly, some PR exec is handling these Alt-Left kids.” (Neither student pictured is 16 years old.)

Bill O’Reilly, the former Fox News host, disgraced by a sexual abuse scandal, criticized the media for broadcasting interviews with teenagers “who are in an emotional state and facing extreme peer pressure.”

“The national press believes it is their job to destroy the Trump administration by any means necessary,” he wrote on his website. “So if the media has to use kids to do that, they’ll use kids.”

Former congressman Jack Kingston (R-Ga.) on Sunday tweeted a USA Today story about the student organizers helping lead a nationwide student walkout in protest of America’s gun laws, adding the message: “O really? ‘Students’ are planning a nationwide rally? Not left wing gun control activists using 17yr kids in the wake of a horrible tragedy?”

Kingston then appeared on CNN’s “New Day” Tuesday and doubled down on his remarks.

“Do we really think — and I say this sincerely — do we really think that 17-year-olds on their own are going to plan a nationwide rally?” Kingston asked, adding, “They probably do not have the logistical ability to plan a nationwide rally without it being hijacked by groups that already had the preexisting anti-gun agenda.”

The show’s co-host Alisyn Camerota fiercely disagreed.

“I talked to these kids before they knew the body count of how many of their friends had been killed. No one had talked to them yet,” Camerota said. “They hadn’t been indoctrinated by some left-wing group. They were motivated from what they saw and what they endured.”

Brandon Abzug, a Marjory Stoneman Douglas senior who survived the shooting, then appeared on CNN and said of the former representative’s comments, “I think it’s very despicable. … To say that just because we’re young we can’t make a difference is not right and he should apologize for that.”

Kingston began backtracking on Twitter, saying that “not only do I respect their right to protest & their resolve to look for answers, I admire it” and that’s “why it’s sad local gun control activists would hijack the tragedy to drive their own agenda.”

I think D’Souza and Kingston need to take a long walk off a short pier.

These two are beyond despicable.

49 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

And as for this assistant with his vile lies about these kids, how did he get that job to begin with? Notice he didn't apologize for what he said or say it was wrong.

I did notice how he framed his response:

“I made a mistake whereas I tried to inform a reporter of information relating to his story regarding a school shooting. This was not my responsibility. I meant no disrespect to the students or parents of Parkland.”

There is not enough tinfoil in the world.  I suppose he'll now be snapped up by someone like Alex Jones since he's proven himself to be such a stellar investigative reporter. 

38 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

HLN - nothing but the kids talking. They're not shutting up, they're mad. And the FL legislature isn't making it better. How will the right claim that ALL of these kids are paid actors?

:happy-cheerleaderkid:

Fox: A puppy on roller skates and Obama secret plot to defeat Hillary, put Trump in office and then pay the main stream media to be 'mean'.

13 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

“I made a mistake whereas I tried to inform a reporter of information relating to his story regarding a school shooting. This was not my responsibility. I meant no disrespect to the students or parents of Parkland.”

What does this even mean? He tried to inform a 'reporter', but it wasn't his responsibility if the reporter reported what the fuck ass said? So much double speak he must have attended the same seminar as Sarah Shut-up-a-Bee Sanders.

26 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

These two are beyond despicable.

I know it would be a horrid invasion of pr ivacy, but ever since Alex  Jones first said Sandy Hook was fake, I've wanted to make him and all like him go to the crime scene. Make him look at the carnage first hand.  

29 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Fox: A puppy on roller skates and Obama secret plot to defeat Hillary, put Trump in office and then pay the main stream media to be 'mean'.

What does this even mean? He tried to inform a 'reporter', but it wasn't his responsibility if the reporter reported what the fuck ass said? So much double speak he must have attended the same seminar as Sarah Shut-up-a-Bee Sanders.

I know it would be a horrid invasion of pr ivacy, but ever since Alex  Jones first said Sandy Hook was fake, I've wanted to make him and all like him go to the crime scene. Make him look at the carnage first hand.  

He'd have said they were actually children killed by Hillary supporters in the basement of a pizza place. Then the rumor would have started earlier.

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Why, @onekidanddone, they've turned you into an optimist...

Welcome to the bright side! :happy-sunshine:

Me thinks I just got busted. Do you have pie on the bright side?

2 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Me thinks I just got busted. Do you have pie on the bright side?

Oh yes, we have lots and lots of pies... and cakes...!

I'll be baking some Dutch apple pies on Friday, so I could save you a slice if you'd like. Or if you prefer, I'm also baking a vegan 'butter cake' after my own recipe. 

If you can't wait till Friday, I have a savoury pie in the oven right now, which will be done soon.

18 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

More news to get optimistic about.

I have a feeling this isn't a one day thing. The NRA and Trump have poked a sleep bear one two many times, and that bear is DONE. 

I'm trying to find a song for these children who have had their childhood stolen. This isn't about one shooting. This is about Travon Martin. This is about St. Louis. This is about Sandy Hook. This is about Charlottesville. This is about my daughter, nieces, brother-in-law, cousins all people of color. This is about the immigrant I don't know standing next to me at the store. This is about the children who aren't really children anymore who have the courage to stand up.

These are the words of Canada's Ferron Foisy

And beware you sagging diplomats, for you will not hear one gun
And though our homes be torn and ransacked we will not be undone
For as we let ourselves be bought, we're going to let ourselves be free
And if you think we stand alone, look again and you will see:
We are children in the rafters, we are babies in the park,
We are lovers at the movies, we are candles in the dark,
We are changes in the weather, we are snowflakes in July,
We are women grown together, we are men who easily cry,
We are words not quickly spoken, we're the deeper side of try,
We are dreamers in the making, we are not afraid of "Why?"

These kids are so inspiring. Just hear them speak eloquently and from the heart. 

This is a thread btw, with lots of video's of the kids speeches.

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

I'll be baking some Dutch apple pies on Friday, so I could save you a slice if you'd like. Or if you prefer, I'm also baking a vegan 'butter cake' after my own recipe. 

If you can't wait till Friday, I have a savoury pie in the oven right now, which will be done soon.

can I come over?

59 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I'm trying to find a song

How about one for this moment.

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'

Going with a classic from the Nobel prize winner.

4 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

can I come over?

Sure! The more, the merrier, right? Plus, I love baking, and usually make way to much to eat in one sitting, so... 

11 minutes ago, GrumpyGran said:

can I come over?

How about one for this moment.

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'

Going with a classic from the Nobel prize winner.

James McMurtry

God Bless America

You keep talking that shit like I never heard
Hush, little President, don't say a word
When the rapture comes and the angels sing
God's gonna buy you a diamond ring

Take us to the land of milk and honey

Take us to the land
What'cha gonna do with all that money

7 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

James McMurtry

God Bless America

You keep talking that shit like I never heard
Hush, little President, don't say a word
When the rapture comes and the angels sing
God's gonna buy you a diamond ring

Take us to the land of milk and honey

Take us to the land
What'cha gonna do with all that money

The Eagles

The last part of the lyrics to 'Long Road out of Eden'

Freeways flickering, cell phones chiming a tune
We're riding to Utopia, road map says we'll be arriving soon
Captains of the old order clinging to the reins
Assuring us these aches inside are only growing pains
But it's a long road out of Eden

Back home i was so certain
The path was very clear
But now i have to wonder: "what are we doing here?"
I'm not counting on tomorrow
And i can't tell wrong from right
But i'd give anything to be there in your arms tonight

Weaving down the American highway
Through the litter and the wreckage and the cultural junk
Bloated with entitlement, loaded on propaganda
And now we're driving dazed and drunk

Been down the road to Damascus, 
The road to Mandalay
Met the ghost of Caesar on the Appian way
He said, "it's hard to stop this bingeing, once you get a taste,
but the road to empire is a bloody stupid waste."

Behold the bitten apple - the power of the tools
But all the knowledge in the world is of no use to fools
And it's a long road out of Eden....

Time to start picking up your phones!

7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Time to start picking up your phones!

I'm pretty sure my man Jamie (sigh..so dreamy) didn't take any NRA money. He marched with students today.

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Party at @fraurosena's!

20180221_plane1.PNG

• Destiny locked this topic

Archived